Status
Not open for further replies.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I was concerned at first, until the CEO was leaving one day and made his usual stop to harass me about smoking (very cool guy- really just looking out for me and my health). When I told him my story, he replied "so what are you doing standing out here with these a******s? Just step outside the door!"
I happily waved goodbye to all of my former smoking buds and now I get to watch them all walk 500 yards to the road for a cig. Still can't vape at my desk, but 1 step out the door vs a walk to stand in the Michigan weather is sweet enough! Besides- it's nice to step outside and actually breathe some true fresh air for once!

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
I vape all night in my cubical. After 5pm and the big bosses leave I openly vape. My co workers are aware and no one says anything. Some have even warned me when HR is walking the floor. I also go to the smoking area for my breaks even through I hate explaining to every new employee I am not smoking (OTHER STUFF) . Not sure how a Provari looks like a (SOMETHING ELSE) through lol

Last edited by a moderator:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I do off and on. I vape when no one is around and luckily that is often. If there are people around I also go to the bathroom...brings back memories of high school, smoking in the girls room! I have a couple of co-workers that know I vape and they do not mind and one of them wants to get it for her husband. :) I'm not sure what I'll do when the bigger battery arrives.....! I work at a University and a few times a student has come to ask me something in mid smoke but they never say anything :)

Tracey

dsnrj

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
rio de janeiro - Brasil
In my work I vaping all the time, all the time .. rsrsrsrsrsrs
I have a small shop, and I put a big sticker prohibiting cigarette and electronic cigarette releasing.
Not everyone knows the e-cig here in Brazil, but had no customer complaints.

20111104170020334.jpg

20120312162513417.jpg

this photo is the entrance to the sales counter to the public

munsterrr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2009
Washington D.C.
I have come to the conclusion that vaping is like photography. A lot of people are afraid to whip out their cameras(DSLR) in public places at first because they are afraid of the angry opinionated people that will pass judgement. We all know that as humans, we hate being judged or looked down upon. After a while though. You will just get used to the funny/nasty looks that you get and become comfortable doing what you do around others. The hardest part for me was vaping at my regular local bars. In DC, smoking is frowned upon inside ANYWHERE. I still go outside with the analog smokers, people make their smart ... comments and such but i dont mind.

In the work place, my favorite thing to say to people is "Well I dont smell like ... and im not wasting 30-45 minutes a day out front am I"?

Cmohnso

Oct 31, 2012
Iowa city, ia
My co-workers know that I vape, and are cool with it. As for vaping in my cubicle I fire away all day (somewhat stealthy, a few clouds have drifted..) until I hear footsteps coming.
As for people vaping at the urinal, that's gross. I tried it and you get a big lung full of pee odor.

Urinal vaper here...either my work bathroom is much cleaner or my nose isn't back yet (9 days analog free). I'm too chicken to vape at my desk though.

fenchurch

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Central Iowa
All day long!!

Im an editor and do VFX work on tv commercials and have my own office. There are 2 of us that vape all day long here.

I try to keep it in my office though, as we have clients walking around all day. There are also a lot of tours that come through my company. Sometimes a group of people on a tour will just pop in my office the same time Im blowing out a massive cloud of vapor. Its always very akward. I usually act like nothing happened and dont even explain unless someone asks.

haha.

This is my situation as well, work in an office, vape all day. We also have clients, VPs, external vendors popping thru from time to time, so I've learned the fine art of keeping a low profile while inside the building.

cwolfman13

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
New Mexico
I'm allowed to vape at work, but I have to do so in the confines of my office or I can go outside on the patio (the non-smoking area patio). I have a few co-workers who simply do not distinguish between vaping and smoking, so I'm wondering how long my boss will allow me to vape in my office. I know they complain to him...but I'm also the CFO, so it's not like I'm not without a little pull myself. One employee in particular likes to walk by my office door and then goes into fake coughing fits if she looks in and sees that I'm vaping...it's actually pretty ridiculous...worse than soccer players or football quarterbacks looking for the penalty flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread