Anyone vaping the new subtank rba head around 10W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
I've had the RBA Plus for a week and I'm not digging it. Rebuilt it a bunch of times and really struggled getting the wicked right. I was always getting either dry hits or flooding. Couldn't find the balance.

I went back to the original and I reckon it far more forgiving.

Its really a matter of finding the perfect amount of wicking. Once you do its flawless. Took me a while and sometimes I still get it wrong but the more i rewick it the better I get.

Reactions: lamensterms

Mark1963

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2014
Minnesota
I've had the RBA Plus for a week and I'm not digging it. Rebuilt it a bunch of times and really struggled getting the wicked right. I was always getting either dry hits or flooding. Couldn't find the balance.

I went back to the original and I reckon it far more forgiving.

Try this method:
My way of perfect wicking of the Subtank. Trust me, it works every time. | E-Cigarette Forum

Doing it the other way is fine. You should have just enough cotton inside the coil so that it barely moves. Have enough tail to stuff down into the base and (very important) have it wedged up against the holes.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
I would try Mark's suggestion and fluff/widen the portion of the wick between the head walls and coil i.e the cotton tails that are inside the head. I modified Lemwise's photo to show what I mean
e6FU0wy.jpg

aznlunatic

Sep 4, 2015
I finally used the new RBA Plus deck just a couple days ago and my first time wicking the stock coil that came pre-installed and so far its been great vaping at around 21 and even down to about 15 watts with 70vg/30pg juice and ive noticed the flavor production is better than the pre-built coils. No dry hits or flooding through those wattage ranges

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I Tootle Puff both my Subtanks (new RBAs) between 10-14 watts (4.0-4.2 volts) daily. Never a flooding/wicking issue. I wick them just like a Kayfun and I make sure when I'm stuffing the cotton down into the chimney it covers and fills the wick holes.

No fancy fluffing or pancaking. No cutting at angles or any of that nonsense. The only thing I do differently is when I put the chimney on with the wick sticking up out of it (think Kayfun) I cut the wicks about 2mm above the top of the chimney for the extra wick. Then stuff it down. Easy Peesy! No need for all that other stuff.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Try this method:
My way of perfect wicking of the Subtank. Trust me, it works every time. | E-Cigarette Forum

Doing it the other way is fine. You should have just enough cotton inside the coil so that it barely moves. Have enough tail to stuff down into the base and (very important) have it wedged up against the holes.
Really interesting method. You said you were vaping 70/30, is that vg/pg or pg/vg ratio? Ever have any leakage, like out of the air flow inlet holes?

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I didn't mention what ratio I was using. Maybe you were asking another poster here.
Haha you're right the link to the coil build you posted was by @Lemwise so I should ask him whether the 70/30 ratio juice he was using was vg/pg or pg/vg and whether he ever got any leakage out of the airholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread