• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Anyone with Fibro and Interstital Cystitis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I wish she were! I do have a beautiful maltese, but not that tiny. She looks like a teacup and mine is small but not that small, and has never allowed me to put a bow in her hair. I use to be a veteran cat person until I got my maltese. I jumped the fence to 'dog-dom' and haven't looked back.

I was just asking about the other. I wouldn't wish these on my worse enemy, however I am donating them to the devil when I die!:thumbs:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Oooops I think I already knew that. Maltese are just cute doggies. A friend of mine had to put her's down the latter part of last year. She was heart broken.
But this discussion is for the pet forum.

Better idea, donate them to John Ashwipe. Hope you know who he is, and he is worse than your worse enemy and he just makes me :mad:. Him and the rest of the alphabet soup but here I go getting off topic again.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I am very sorry you have fibro. :( How long have you had it? Mine didn't start out being all over my body, but eventually got that way over a period of years. Do you have the bladder pain as well?

Not sure how long I've had it but I got diagnosed this year. It's just one of those things where you are like "Why do I feel so crappy and hurt" and you never think about things like this. (And I'm only 33, so I couldn't think of anything that would make me feel this way)

Mine seems to be the worst in my shoulders, all over the shoulder blades. And my back, oi. Not really any bladder pain, but I have to pee soooo much and it seems like I have a bladder the size of a peanut! It's like I have to pee 3 times for every can of pop I drink or something! But I've had xrays and they say that everything looks to be fine and normal in that area.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
You may just have an undersized bladder. I had that all my life. When we used to take trips, we'd pull into a gas station and my daddy would tell the guy "we don't need any gas. My daughter has to stop every 1/8 of a tank of gas." He'd make such a big deal about it and it used to embarrass me so.:oops:

Ah yeah, that's probably it. They didn't mention that in the xrays, but maybe they didn't see it?

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Superstar, the only way to measure your bladder is to fill it up with saline solution and drain back out. That is also the way to see if you have I.C. You may just be having spasms, backaches in the lower part of your back, and pain when you urinate. Mine happed when I was 43 years old. I was not equipped enough when the doctor told me I had I.C. You can look it up on line to see if you have any of what these women have.:2c: If I were a betting person, I'd say you don't, unless you have ore symptoms that I'm unaware of.:ohmy:

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
can either of you expound on FM? I am wondering lately if I might have it. The dr's thought my couin had it, but now they say they don't know for sure. I also have chronic depression, anxiety and STRESS. So I dont know if the issues are stemming from that or what. Wish I could go to the Dr. I have a good dr, just not the $ to go see her. :(

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Nighthawk...sorry it took so long for me to get back with you and I only have a moment as I have to have a MRI on my right knee.

Mine started in my shoulders, neck, and arms. If someone poked me with their finger, I wanted to deck them. You have an achey all over feeling. Sometimes I have hot shooting pains....the ones that take your breath away....then they're gone. Some people have all kinds of side ailments along with the fibro. You can look on line to find the 17 body trigger points. If you have 10-12 of them, you probably have fibro. I now have fibro all over and I can honestly say I've had more fun cleaning my oven. The fibro headaches are bad. Mine come up from the top of my spine, across the back of my head. It's not like any headache you've ever had before.

Got to go. This should be loads of fun......:(

SharonSC

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
SC, USA
I know I'm about a year late on this post... but I also have fm..and a whole host of other chronic pain-causing problems, mostly in neck and upper back - 3 herniated discs in neck, 1 in low back, Spinal Stenosis, nerve damage, arthritis, subluxation of the spine, severe muscle spasms due to the discs, etc, etc... Also have depression, anxiety (mostly from the chronic pain) and OCD. I've tried for years with appeal after appeal to get disability, but apparently it's virtually impossible in my state to get it... can't afford one of those lawyers that help you get disability, but wish I could!!

SharonSC

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
SC, USA
I may have to if at all possible, jj2.... I've seen on TV a few saying "we only get paid if you win" blah blah... I'm always a little nervous about TV lawyers, but it obviously isn't working any other way. My doctors have said I should try to get disability. And I think I've filled out about 10,000 pages of paperwork and questions, and kept appealing, etc, etc. but to no avail. They keep saying that due to my age (I'm only 32) and my education (I went to college) that I should be able to do "substantial work"... I don't even drive or anything, due to taking so many meds, and the fact that I can't even turn my head side to side, so it's too unsafe for me to drive.

Do you know about how much of someone's benefits (if they actually do get disability) that the lawyers usually take? Course I guess even if they took 50% of my check every month, that's still be more than I get now, which is 0! lol :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
When we went through the process, SSI paid back to the date first filed. In terms of us that was about three years of back pay so we got a pretty big check. The lawyer took a percentage of that.
Unfortunately government has got the rules change on that one. I think they just payback so many months now. If that is true any lawyer you get will take a bigger chunk of the back pay check.
Even if the lawyer took half of the back pay you're still coming out with more than you had and you will have a monthly income.
So find a lawyer who doesn't charge for the first office visit. If he/she thinks you got a chance go for it. The lawyer will get it into court where a judge will decide and not some government official that will rubber stamp denial.
Good luck and let me know how things progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread