Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Loving the UltraMax RES
The case is sweet only thing is stuff rattles, I'm in the process of finding some thin felt for the Alpha and Batts and carto condoms work great for the spare atty.

We will be offering additional pieces of the Poron foam for customizing the Alpha cases shortly.I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

SH

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Hey Guys,

I'm hearing you. There is a need for the frictionally challenged and we love you...
Cheers,

Frictionally challenged! :lol: I merely tore off a piece of medical tape, cut it to a thin and nearly invisible sliver for the back of the device. That tiny amount of grip is all that's required to facilitate The Slide, regardless the amount of lotion I've enjoyed.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Loving the UltraMax RES
The case is sweet only thing is stuff rattles, I'm in the process of finding some thin felt for the Alpha and Batts and carto condoms work great for the spare atty.

We will be offering extra Poron foam pieces for the Alpha cases soon do that you can further customize the case. Stay tuned should be available next week.

hillock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2011
USA
I just received the Ultramax today, I can see why it might be difficult to slide the switch.

One thing I found helpful was to rotate the switch a bit and then try again. Presumably it rotates to another section that is less oily/frictionless/etc and makes it easier to activate. I'm still playing around with it so let me know if this is only a temporary solution. I will probably be ordering a grip tape as well.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I just received the Ultramax today, I can see why it might be difficult to slide the switch.

One thing I found helpful was to rotate the switch a bit and then try again. Presumably it rotates to another section that is less oily/frictionless/etc and makes it easier to activate. I'm still playing around with it so let me know if this is only a temporary solution. I will probably be ordering a grip tape as well.

The switch takes a very light touch, definitely slide up not in. also polishing the top and bottom of the battery sleeve can make the a action even lighter.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I apologize to everyone for the delayed reply, I have a hard time keeping up with all of the threads I frequent but I am taking pics right now and will post in a minute but it looks like the update from n8t will be a more elegant solution. I got the grip tape from ebay by searching "grip tape tech decks" one seller has a bunch of colors and will combine shipping if you ask. brb

EDIT: I was having trouble posting pics in here so I just started another thread so go check out the subforum.

Last edited:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
If it was sold out across the country how did you get it, I hope you didnt steal it, your no good to us in jail. jk lol

I'm here for you guys. Believe it or not USA made .875 diameter cold finished T6061 T6 rod was sold out across the whole country! -but I found it, and it arrives tomorrow.

Rest assured, a simple solution is on the way.

Cheers!

Nate

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
What can I say? I'm like Tucan Sam, I followed my nose.. A small aerospace shop in LA was sitting on 80 bars.

Very cool man, I cant wait to see what you come up with. I just ordered the additional parts to make a whole separate ultra out of the replacement sleeve you guys sent me. That was your plan all along wasnt it? Send out the new sleeve and people wont be able to help themselves and will buy the other parts. I have you guys all figured out. No but for real I just got a second ultra without the res for 55 bucks, thanks

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I got frustrated with it being slippery and gave it to my hubby. He had the same issue and cut a thin strip of fabric bandaid and put that on the battery sleeve. Doesn't take much and it is working fine for him now.

fabric bandaid sleeve, will give that a shot. Is he sticking it in the grooves?

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
I'm here for you guys. Believe it or not USA made .875 diameter cold finished T6061 T6 rod was sold out across the whole country! -but I found it, and it arrives tomorrow.

Rest assured, a simple solution is on the way.

Cheers!

Nate

We know you have our backs Nate, and we thank you for that. :)

What can I say? I'm like Tucan Sam, I followed my nose.. A small aerospace shop in LA was sitting on 80 bars.
:laugh: The nose knows. :laugh:

aschmidy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Wisconsin-deep in the woods
fabric bandaid sleeve, will give that a shot. Is he sticking it in the grooves?

Well, I would have put small slices in the grooves. But, no, he kind of slap a chunk on it and said "There, that works!" and then went out to lay some cement. :rolleyes:
I think Nate's solution sounds much nicer. So I will let my hubby use it until the new sleeves are in.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Hello N8T. I don't have my Ultra yet, it's now in the *capable* hands of USPS
nervous.gif
. A

nyways, gotta ask ........ is a vari-vollt add-on the in the future for the Apex Alpha line?
Smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread