Apollo E-cig contest/giveaway thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
That is so sad! :( I am so sorry you couldn't get justice for your little buddy because the offender was an Officer. :(
I have a friend who has a wolf (about 3/4 as well) and he is an absolute doll. He is a bit of a fraidy dog but he is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to have one but one big dog and one little dog is my limit. :)

Thanks, it was sad. She was so smart and loving, luckily I had kept one of her puppies and she turned out to be her mother reincarnate.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Thanks, it was sad. She was so smart and loving, luckily I had kept one of her puppies and she turned out to be her mother reincarnate.
Although it goes against every fiber of my being, I wish max had been able to father a puppy...lol...I can't even imagine how much of a terror a puppy of his would be.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Our Border Collie "Mollie" is getting very old and is having a little trouble performing her border patrol duties around the farm. She has been such a great protector of us, always letting us know when someone enters our property. When our four shihtzus go outside potty she watches out for coyotes and other predators. Her best friend is our neutered cat who she sleeps with. When she passes were getting one of these. Belgian Turveran

View attachment 496215
Wow, what a beautiful animal! I have never heard of that breed before.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The one time we got a dog from a rescue was when we got a Chow. Got her as a puppy and she was huge.....100% pure chow but definitely not breed standard. She was the size of a German Shepherd. We ended up having to return her to the rescue at 4 or 5 years old because she became very aggressive. She bit my MIL's hand (maybe she was a good judge of character?) and then bit my son's face. He still has the scratch on his face to this day and it was just an inch or two away from his eye.
That's so sad. Scary, too! I knew a Chow who took off a 2-year-old's ear when we lived in Germany. He was great with kids when he was young but also got aggressive as he got a little older. He had to be put down because of that incident. Thankfully, the baby's ear was able to be reattached, but can you imagine? It was just an awful situation all the way around. :(

Reactions: redrebel821

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
That's so sad. Scary, too! I knew a Chow who took off a 2-year-old's ear when we lived in Germany. He was great with kids when he was young but also got aggressive as he got a little older. He had to be put down because of that incident. Thankfully, the baby's ear was able to be reattached, but can you imagine? It was just an awful situation all the way around. :(
I had originally contacted our local animal shelter (it was run by the city) and they said that because Bear bit someone, she would be put down, so I ended up contacting the breed rescue and they came and got her.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Aurora recently lost her fight with cancer. I cried for 2 days when I found out. Sterling is getting ready to move to WA State with his mama. The whole gang is split up now.
She was a beautiful girl. It's so sad she got cancer. It happens way too often with our furbabies, doesn't it? :( Where is Sterling moving to? Anywhere near me?

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
This is the pic they sent and asked if I thought I could love him...nice realtor snapped it on way home from him getting neutered and chipped. He was too big to sit in the seat , so his front legs were on the floor and he slept with his chin on the dash. Could you have refused this face? View attachment 496233
Absolutely not. Never. I would have rescued him, too!!!! :)

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
She was a beautiful girl. It's so sad she got cancer. It happens way too often with our furbabies, doesn't it? :( Where is Sterling moving to? Anywhere near me?
Sadly, not sure...once I resigned from the rescue, things got ugly and I ended up blocking some people.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Lmaoooo...people who don't know what a wuss Max is cross the street when they see us out walking...they're afraid just because of his size.
It was the same with Virgil, and he was a Golden! People would gasp and say, "What IS that???" He is the gentlest, sweetest dog ever, too. My little Bella was more of a threat than Virgil could ever be!

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
What kind of dog is your Bella? I had a little Bella who was Westie and Lhasa Apso (my dog Lhattie) and Yorkie/Westie (my friend's doggie). She weighed about 7 pounds and was the cutest little yapper ever. She was the only one of the litter who had perked ears. I just loved her. :) Now I have my little puppy-in-law who is a 3-pound Chi, also a Bella. She

Wow, what a beautiful animal! I have never heard of that breed before.

Why does this post have 100,000 lines of blank space?

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Thanks, Ducky, I kind of hit the jackpot with him, although he was an unholy terror his first year with us!
I want to say I cannot imagine hims being an unholy terror (hims a baby, yes him is, yes him is), but after experiencing mine....I believe you! Lol

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I know all too well the fear mongering, except my canine was 75% wolf and 25% thoroughbred German Shepherd. The breeder had bred Wolf with Shepherd then those pups with Wolf. I was looking at their Shepherd's but the wolf pups and their parents were just so beautiful. He was good natured, a bit protective but no more than a Shepherd.

I lived rural at the time and had several acres of property, neighbors were ignorant. I had a neighbor that bred Shepherd's for the DEA (she was an agent as well), she had 8 murderous beasts that killed my Rat Terrier, my beloved pet. Not the dogs fault, it was the way they were trained.

Police wouldn't do anything about it since the dogs were technically police officers and so was she.

Yet my wolf that stayed in my yard was a neighborhood threat.
That makes me so mad! My Uncle had a wolf(it was an illegal percentage at the time...) and loved him, but his jerk neighbors kept trying to say the wolf was getting into their trash along with a few other things....the guys beat my Uncle's wolf to death with a ball bat..... :( My uncle beat them back with a ball bat :) The idiots found out after murdering him that it was not him at all.... It was awful.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Lol..,he was just about 10-11 months old, and apparently dumped. There is a small rural area where red woolies keep showing up wandering. It's small town, with corner family grocery store. He was hanging around outside the store, and as people went in, he went in with. They'd shoo him out, and he'd just wait for the next person to go right back in. It didn't take him long to figure out he was big enough to trip the mat on the electric door and go in by himself. He must have been hungry, cause he went straight to the meat dept. and sat down and started whining. There is a realtor in the area who has a huge heart, and a few spare kennels, and they called her rather than the pound. The day after she got Max, she took him for vetting and started the search for where he belonged. No one claimed him, so she contacted a husky rescue here in TX, just outside of Dallas. She has sent them dogs before (from same area), and she was going to keep him till they found a family to adopt him. Meanwhile, I'm new in TX, looking to adopt a 3rd. I filled out an app on another red boy, and they called to tell me that he had just gone foster-to-adopt that very day, but asked if I would be interested in a different red boy. They sent me a pic, and it was all over. After about a week, a home and a vet check later, we made the 4+ hour drive to get our "puppy"... At about 11 month sold, he was way bigger than our other 2. When they brought him into the room, my husband turned around to look at him, and immediately said "that's not my puppy".... Lmaoooo....yes, he was mine fbefore I even met him. Someone missed out on this amazing boy!!! We think it's a back yard breeder that's active in that area, because there have been several others before and after Max, but he's OEF a kind, and none of them have had the same facial markings. I've never ever seen another Husky with his same mask.
That is a beautiful story Red. It made me cry and laugh many times. I am so glad you guys found each other.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
This is the pic they sent and asked if I thought I could love him...nice realtor snapped it on way home from him getting neutered and chipped. He was too big to sit in the seat , so his front legs were on the floor and he slept with his chin on the dash. Could you have refused this face? View attachment 496233
No way! He was so cute! Awwwwww!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread