Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
That is a beautiful story Red. It made me cry and laugh many times. I am so glad you guys found each other.
Awww...no crying!!! Look at the Beast he's become!!! Lmaoooo....cry for ME, I have to feed and wrangle him!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That makes me so mad! My Uncle had a wolf(it was an illegal percentage at the time...) and loved him, but his jerk neighbors kept trying to say the wolf was getting into their trash along with a few other things....the guys beat my Uncle's wolf to death with a ball bat..... :( My uncle beat them back with a ball bat :) The idiots found out after murdering him that it was not him at all.... It was awful.
Argh I HATE THIS!!!! There is a special place in hell for people like that. They deserved to get beat back and a whole lot more.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I know all too well the fear mongering, except my canine was 75% wolf and 25% thoroughbred German Shepherd. The breeder had bred Wolf with Shepherd then those pups with Wolf. I was looking at their Shepherd's but the wolf pups and their parents were just so beautiful. He was good natured, a bit protective but no more than a Shepherd.

I lived rural at the time and had several acres of property, neighbors were ignorant. I had a neighbor that bred Shepherd's for the DEA (she was an agent as well), she had 8 murderous beasts that killed my Rat Terrier, my beloved pet. Not the dogs fault, it was the way they were trained.

Police wouldn't do anything about it since the dogs were technically police officers and so was she.

Yet my wolf that stayed in my yard was a neighborhood threat.
That ruined my day to read that. So sorry :(

I'm one who can't even watch a Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA commercial. It pains me too much to think of what animals are put through by humans.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Good mornin!
image.jpg

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Awww...no crying!!! Look at the Beast he's become!!! Lmaoooo....cry for ME, I have to feed and wrangle him!
I do feel bad for you! Lol I cried, because I could just see him hungry staring at the meat :( Then when you saved him I cried happily :) I used to work at a gas station when I was in college and a restaurant, and there were a couple cats and a dog that I used to feed :) They all ended up finding homes :)

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Hell to the yeah.
Agreed!
Argh I HATE THIS!!!! There is a special place in hell for people like that. They deserved to get beat back and a whole lot more.
Yes, they do.....
:)
That ruined my day to read that. So sorry :(

I'm one who can't even watch a Sarah Mclachlan ASPCA commercial. It pains me too much to think of what animals are put through by humans.
I cannot watch them either....they make me cry.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I do feel bad for you! Lol I cried, because I could just see him hungry staring at the meat :( Then when you saved him I cried happily :) I used to work at a gas station when I was in college and a restaurant, and there were a couple cats and a dog that I used to feed :) They all ended up finding homes :)
He's grown up into such a sweet boy, I really couldn't ask for a better Beast...he's my woobie.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I cry, too...because I've seen too much of it firsthand in rescue. Beasts favorite girlfriend was one of my most memorable pulls/transports. She was originally adopted by a young man from an illegal breeder. He got her home, realized she wasn't house trained or even socialized, and would just pace the room from corner to corner with her head against the wall. He wasn't prepared for that, and contacted our rescue. She needed more help than he could give. I drove and got her, she was filthy, matted, covered in her own mess and had one eye starting to bulge. She went straight to medical boarding, ended up having multiple fatty rumors removed so she could walk easier, went on steroids for her eye, which continued to worsen and start to affect the other eye. She made little progress being socialized. For weeks I made a 2 hour drive to go visit her and hang out bribing her with treats. She ended up in medical foster with 2 of my close friends, and eventually had to have both eyes removed shortly before they formally adopted her.She's doing amazing, and made the trip over from Louisiana a while back to come play in the mud with the other Huskies. Max did not leave her side, and headed off any dogs that came up on her too quickly. Since then, she has started to play with her 2Husky brothers, will go up and down stairs, and has started to talk a wee bit, even though it appears an attempt to debark her was done prior to us getting her. Oh, yes....and she's a diva now! If I never save another dog, she will be my greatest accomplishment during rescue.

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
I cry, too...because I've seen too much of it firsthand in rescue. Beasts favorite girlfriend was one of my most memorable pulls/transports. She was originally adopted by a young man from an illegal breeder. He got her home, realized she wasn't house trained or even socialized, and would just pace the room from corner to corner with her head against the wall. He wasn't prepared for that, and contacted our rescue. She needed more help than he could give. I drove and got her, she was filthy, matted, covered in her own mess and had one eye starting to bulge. She went straight to medical boarding, ended up having multiple fatty rumors removed so she could walk easier, went on steroids for her eye, which continued to worsen and start to affect the other eye. She made little progress being socialized. For weeks I made a 2 hour drive to go visit her and hang out bribing her with treats. She ended up in medical foster with 2 of my close friends, and eventually had to have both eyes removed shortly before they formally adopted her.She's doing amazing, and made the trip over from Louisiana a while back to come play in the mud with the other Huskies. Max did not leave her side, and headed off any dogs that came up on her too quickly. Since then, she has started to play with her 2Husky brothers, will go up and down stairs, and has started to talk a wee bit, even though it appears an attempt to debark her was done prior to us getting her. Oh, yes....and she's a diva now! If I never save another dog, she will be my greatest accomplishment during rescue.
o wow. her story made me cry. I'm so happy you saved her!!

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
It is unfortunate that animals are mistreated/wanted, but until humans can learn to stop abusing his own mankind the treatment of animals will never cease. Simply put, man beats wife, Mom abuses child, Brother kills Sister....animals are further down the list and until the aforementioned ceases, only then can man stop the horrible abuse of animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread