Apollo Vtube 4.0 KIT w/Phazer Sub-Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

10PassionRed

Nov 24, 2015
New to Apollo, just got my Vtube 4 kit for my birthday yesterday. Here is my review thus far:

1) I love the kit comes with everything that I need to vape right out of the box. I mean EVERYTHING...
2) I love that the mod can fit my aerotank mini and other 510 tanks and look good doing it.
3) I am an engineer and I can tell this thing is well-engineered from top to bottom. This does have caviats (below).
4) I love the power contained. 50W out of a tube mod is damn impressive.
5) I've only taken 120 hits or so (tracking!) and they have all been the best smoke I have ever had. Got guava lava with the kit.
6) I've heard their support is second to none.
7) Shipping was FAST. Like 2 days order to doorstep. Impressive!

Dislikes:
1) The bottom right corner of the screen has a defect that is sticking up and catches my nail/hand/whatever. It's so tiny but not even close to smooth like the other 3 corners. I'll plan to email Apollo directly to get this resolved. I hope I just got a defective mod.
2) It seems like in the first second or two the coil isn't being limited to wattage and I get a LOT of crackling, even to the point of spitting juice into my mouth. As I understand it the unit SHOULD be limiting power to the wattage I am using, but it may be user error. I have guava lava in there with the ports full open (air and juice) running it around 16 watts @ 0.5 ohms.
3) There is a gap between the unit and it's own tank (Phazer). This is something I did not expect and isn't a deal breaker but really irks me already. For such a well-engineered product I would have expected it to fit flush on the mod with the ring on it. I may shelve the Phazer for this reason alone. Some of my more shallow 510's fit flush (can't see light when held behind).
4) When I swap coils it does not test and show the new ohm/volt combo until I fire the unit. I wish it detected the change and let me know it saw the new coil before I fired the unit. Going from 50W at 0.2 ohm and replacing with a 1.5 ohm coil, I'd hate to melt a coil because I forgot (I swap then leave the mod without firing often).

I look forward to learning more in using the unit, and this is a VERY abbreviated review. I look forward to working with Apollo on replacing the screen section with one that is nice and flush with the unit!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread