Apple reject all of vape apps online since Dec 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
This morning, Apple App Review Team called us for the review issue of our app "Vapeam".
They claimed that they will rejected all of vape apps, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes.

And currently, they did not remove the online version on app store, cause they need some time to discuss with it. Once they have figure out the result, they may remove all of vape apps on app store.
My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
This morning, Apple App Review Team called us for the review issue of our app "Vapeam".
They claimed that they will rejected all of vape apps, including but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, hookahs, and/or e-cigarettes.

And currently, they did not remove the online version on app store, cause they need some time to discuss with it. Once they have figure out the result, they may remove all of vape apps on app store.
My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for Vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!
Thanks so much for the heads up. Is there a way for the pubic to communicate with those people or is the wall around their ivory tower too tall? Are there other classes of apps they don't allow? Do you know what they are? I wonder why they think they need to do this. I hope there is a discussion on the forum to figure out the issues from their point of view then may be communicate with them if there is a way. Another way to put them on the spot is to leak the story to the press and see if they are interested. It would quallify as a new angle on the vaping story but may be better to wait a while.

Can you estimate how may vape apps there are in apple and and how many downloads? It would be helpful to know that. I'm anandroid user.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ouch!
apple-vs-android.jpg

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

My Team and I deeply concerned about this, it would be a disaster for Vaping Community and all of our vapers.

Feel so disappointed!

Stop giving then so much power.

They sell us extremely overpriced crap that is marginally better than other available devices costing 1/10th of the price.

Sound familiar?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Not really any vape related apps I would even bother downloading anyways. Almost all are vape store apps from "Vape Boss" and the odd crappy coil calculator (free, but $$$ required to get rid of ads, etc.).

Not cool that they are not allowing new apps at the App Store, but I'm not heartbroken.

P.s. I have a Mac, iPhone, multiple iPads and an Apple Watch, but still think Apple is evil.

P.p.s. Vapeam is kinda cool!:)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
i'll stick with my canuck BB... both hubby and i have em and i love having my keyboard, since they're android capable i don't miss out on any of the good stuff normally. i just wanted a coil calc, but since i do all my building at home anyhow next to the comp... i don't really need it.

After a bit you'll just know how to wrap with each guage wire to get the coil you want without the calculator.
I havent used one in years.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

That sucks! There are a bunch of good calculator apps for Android and I have a shortcut to SE on my phone that works like an app, but none that I know of have the social side that your app has. Then again I use forums for that :)

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. If there is I'll support you any way I can :thumb:

Reactions: beckdg

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Thanks so much for the heads up. Is there a way for the pubic to communicate with those people or is the wall around their ivory tower too tall? Are there other classes of apps they don't allow? Do you know what they are? I wonder why they think they need to do this. I hope there is a discussion on the forum to figure out the issues from their point of view then may be communicate with them if there is a way. Another way to put them on the spot is to leak the story to the press and see if they are interested. It would quallify as a new angle on the vaping story but may be better to wait a while.

Can you estimate how may vape apps there are in apple and and how many downloads? It would be helpful to know that. I'm anandroid user.

The number of vape apps can reach to 500+.

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Not really any vape related apps I would even bother downloading anyways. Almost all are vape store apps from "Vape Boss" and the odd crappy coil calculator (free, but $$$ required to get rid of ads, etc.).

Not cool that they are not allowing new apps at the App Store, but I'm not heartbroken.

P.s. I have a Mac, iPhone, multiple iPads and an Apple Watch, but still think Apple is evil.

P.p.s. Vapeam is kinda cool!:)

Thank you, bro.
Vapeam do not have vape stores and ads, no need to paid for any features or tools, just for vapers connection.
Now it could be removed anytime by Apple.

Reactions: BreSha6869

StillMyHeart

Jun 13, 2016
NewYork
vapeam.com
Have a question

I found this thread tonight and checked the AppStore

There is vapeam, vape boss and some coil calculators so are you referring to new apps or it is only in US?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It just can't upgrade the app since December.
Apple claimed that they may remove all of vape apps by anytime.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
After a bit you'll just know how to wrap with each guage wire to get the coil you want without the calculator.
I havent used one in years.
except i am dyslexic, so i'd rather not trust my own math... yes i know this many wraps will give me roughly this ohm... but not the first time i do it, i know my limits.

Reactions: OlderNDirt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread