Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Hi Cooladdict- I have the Freemax Starre Pure tank in black! Love that tank! I have been building up my ceramic coil supply everytime I order from Fattech! I won that tank from Heaven Gifts a while back- and so far I am very happy with it! I have taken out the first coil and soaked in in hot water, ran a qtip in it and it looks great, I am going to see if I can reuse it and how long it lasts! I am on my second coil now for 3 weeks and still going strong!
The Silver would probably match the Dolphin better because of all the silver in that mod!
Another great tank is the OBS Engine- very easy buy a Demon Coil Kit of different coils, and wicking! Very easy to do! Now they have the OBS Nano- which is even easier with only a single coil! I do a single coil in my OBS Engine and it works great! Fantastic tanks, easy to coil and wick- no leaking!
I LOVE the Starre Pure!! I am actually vaping on a coil I washed exactly as you described right now and it's every bit as good as it was the first time around. I am a huge fan of the ceramic coils. :) I have been looking at the OBS Engines. I don't have a single tank I build on because I am a #lazyvaper, lol. I really do need a rebuildable, though, and I have heard great things about the OBS line. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that! :) I think you are probably right about a silver tank looking good on the Arthur, and the size of the Pure tank is probably just about perfect. We shall see, though!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Maybe look into the OBS Engine Nano instead as that is a single coil RTA- OBS also has just come out with a factory coil tank- I think it is called the Engine Sub Tank- try GearBest they have both!
While I did buy the Coil Mater kit and some wire- I did buy the Demon Coil wire kits- I believe it is 8 premade coils of 8 different types like the alien and tiger so that is 48 coils- easy to install and you get to try different types- get some Cotton Bacon( i like that), watch some You Tube and it is a really nice tank! I wish I waited until they came out with the Nano- I think the dual coil engine mini gets too hot- so now I do a single coil in it!
Glad you like the Starre pure and tried that cleaning! My second coil is still going strong and haven't tried the "cleaned" coil yet, but it is so clean it looks brand new! If that works good, then the 5- 5packs I bought should last a long time, cheapest place for those is Fasttech, I have been buying those on sale at about $8.00 a pack!
Thanks on the compliments on the Silvanusa- I love it too!
That sale I used on my second Minikin V1.5 was excellent- that ended up costing around $34.00 it was a 25% off sale, plus a free bottle of eliquid! Free shipping if you spent $49.99 so I threw in the Tobeco Super Tank mini(rainbow) some Cotton Bacon , came out to $50.00 + free eliquid!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I LOVE the Starre Pure!! I am actually vaping on a coil I washed exactly as you described right now and it's every bit as good as it was the first time around. I am a huge fan of the ceramic coils. :) I have been looking at the OBS Engines. I don't have a single tank I build on because I am a #lazyvaper, lol. I really do need a rebuildable, though, and I have heard great things about the OBS line. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on that! :) I think you are probably right about a silver tank looking good on the Arthur, and the size of the Pure tank is probably just about perfect. We shall see, though!

Everything I've read about the Starre Pure has been positive.

An Engine as a first RTA is a really nice choice. It's got a nice large build deck, very forgiving about wicking, and can't leak, which is typically the biggest problem when starting to build (well, dry hits too, but those are harder to get on the Engine). The single coil version is great to start with as well, as mounting and playing with dual coils is a tiny bit more involved. Not bad, but still not as simple as a single coil to start.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Maybe look into the OBS Engine Nano instead as that is a single coil RTA- OBS also has just come out with a factory coil tank- I think it is called the Engine Sub Tank- try GearBest they have both!
While I did buy the Coil Mater kit and some wire- I did buy the Demon Coil wire kits- I believe it is 8 premade coils of 8 different types like the alien and tiger so that is 48 coils- easy to install and you get to try different types- get some Cotton Bacon( i like that), watch some You Tube and it is a really nice tank! I wish I waited until they came out with the Nano- I think the dual coil engine mini gets too hot- so now I do a single coil in it!
Glad you like the Starre pure and tried that cleaning! My second coil is still going strong and haven't tried the "cleaned" coil yet, but it is so clean it looks brand new! If that works good, then the 5- 5packs I bought should last a long time, cheapest place for those is Fasttech, I have been buying those on sale at about $8.00 a pack!
Thanks on the compliments on the Silvanusa- I love it too!
That sale I used on my second Minikin V1.5 was excellent- that ended up costing around $34.00 it was a 25% off sale, plus a free bottle of eliquid! Free shipping if you spent $49.99 so I threw in the Tobeco Super Tank mini(rainbow) some Cotton Bacon , came out to $50.00 + free eliquid!
Thanks for the tip on the Demon Wire kit. I do have some premmade coils I picked up a while back ago (kanthal) and a bunch of wire, but I just never got into building my own coils. I love that there are so many types you can get prewound now. I will look into the OBS Nano! I am really happy with both the Starre Pure and the Vaporesso VECO tanks and I have lots of ceramic coils for those 2. I found that it's easier to clean the little EUC coils by dropping them into a mug of water and microwaving them until they are at boiling temperature and then using one of those little toothpick sticks with the flat brush on one end to get the crud out of them. The opening on those is too small to clean effectively with a Q-tip but they get good and clean with the toothpick/brush thingie. I feel like I should buy stock in Q-tips and dental supplies, lol!

Wow, that's a great haul for $50! I loves me some free shipping! I have been pretty good about ignoring e-mails for great deals when I shouldn't be spending money but I always regret it when I hear about something like that. :D

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Everything I've read about the Starre Pure has been positive.

An Engine as a first RTA is a really nice choice. It's got a nice large build deck, very forgiving about wicking, and can't leak, which is typically the biggest problem when starting to build (well, dry hits too, but those are harder to get on the Engine). The single coil version is great to start with as well, as mounting and playing with dual coils is a tiny bit more involved. Not bad, but still not as simple as a single coil to start.
The Starre Pure is pretty much the perfect tank. When I started vaping in 2012 it was all clearomizers and i went through a LOT of tanks trying to find my perfect vape. I just knew at some point tanks would get better and delivery would improve and it was actually a lot of fun growing into where I am today. I still have some of that old gear in my vape tomb and I am amazed at just how far the industry has come. I just hope we will be a part of future growth! I am still holding out hope that the deeming regs won't stick and that the FDA will either have to back off or that they will finally figure out that nicotine is not tobacco, and neither is our gear!! I think I will pick up an Engine. The fact that it doesn't leak is a major bonus for me! Nothing like walking around with juice spots on your clothes, right? :D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Starre Pure is pretty much the perfect tank. When I started vaping in 2012 it was all clearomizers and i went through a LOT of tanks trying to find my perfect vape. I just knew at some point tanks would get better and delivery would improve and it was actually a lot of fun growing into where I am today. I still have some of that old gear in my vape tomb and I am amazed at just how far the industry has come. I just hope we will be a part of future growth! I am still holding out hope that the deeming regs won't stick and that the FDA will either have to back off or that they will finally figure out that nicotine is not tobacco, and neither is our gear!! I think I will pick up an Engine. The fact that it doesn't leak is a major bonus for me! Nothing like walking around with juice spots on your clothes, right? :D

I've read a lot of good things about the Starre Pure, with great flavor. I've only been vaping a little over a year, so I don't have a collection of the older stuff, but I do still have some plastic clearos in the drawer. I hope all this stuff remains available, but it's just another reason to build your own and DIY your juice. I like being self sufficient with this stuff. Now I just have to see how long my mods will hold out for, although I keep adding to that collection for the stash "just in case".;)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Your microwave was OK with the metal of the EUC coil in the water? I usually keep metal out of the microwave, but it's a nice trick to know about. I'm actually enjoying my EUC ceramic coil in my Super tank with the adapter sleeve.
I heat up the water in a mug and then drop the coil in! Hard to believe how clean those ceramic coating and kanthal coils end up, I haven't had a chance to use a cleaned one yet!

Reactions: cooladdict

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I've read a lot of good things about the Starre Pure, with great flavor. I've only been vaping a little over a year, so I don't have a collection of the older stuff, but I do still have some plastic clearos in the drawer. I hope all this stuff remains available, but it's just another reason to build your own and DIY your juice. I like being self sufficient with this stuff. Now I just have to see how long my mods will hold out for, although I keep adding to that collection for the stash "just in case".;)
Yes, the Starre Pure is a really nice tank- would be a shame if we couldn't get coils for it as it has no RBA that I know of!
The FDA Regs sent me into a buying frenzy- and I am pretty much done! That is when I started buying 18650 battery mods and finally getting some RTAs( all OBS)- I have recently started buying some dual 18650 mods- loving the long battery life and the prices have been crazy good! I have quite the stash! The only thing I haven't gotten into yet is DIY juice- too many fantastic prices on premade- I don't seem to be as nic addicted, I have stepped down to 3mg no problem, that I am sure DIY without nic will be in my future!

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Your microwave was OK with the metal of the EUC coil in the water? I usually keep metal out of the microwave, but it's a nice trick to know about. I'm actually enjoying my EUC ceramic coil in my Super tank with the adapter sleeve.
Amazingly, it's just fine to put coils in a mug in the microwave! I read on here that someone else was doing that and I asked about it. She said she had been doing it for a long time and never had an issue, so I tried it. Apparently if they are covered in water they don't cause the sparking issue. Cool, right?? Microwaved water gets hotter and stays hotter longer than boiling on the stove and there's no danger of walking away and letting all of the water burn out of the pan. Just ruined a pan this weekend making applesauce. Maybe I should have microwaved that! :D
I have an EUC in my Super Tank, too. I set it up for my son, who wanted to try vaping but, unfortunately, is not yet ready to make the switch. :(

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I really like the OBS Engine mini- but am hoping that they make a Nano mini- I really like the single coil, but need a 23mm tank!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yes, the Starre Pure is a really nice tank- would be a shame if we couldn't get coils for it as it has no RBA that I know of!
The FDA Regs sent me into a buying frenzy- and I am pretty much done! That is when I started buying 18650 battery mods and finally getting some RTAs( all OBS)- I have recently started buying some dual 18650 mods- loving the long battery life and the prices have been crazy good! I have quite the stash! The only thing I haven't gotten into yet is DIY juice- too many fantastic prices on premade- I don't seem to be as nic addicted, I have stepped down to 3mg no problem, that I am sure DIY without nic will be in my future!

At 3 mg, and assuming you're not vaping 30 ml a day, a liter of nic will last you damn near forever. Throw 2 liters in your freezer and you're set no matter what the powers that be try to enact. That, some flavorings, and a little PG and VG, you're good to go. You just need recipes you like. Not to say you shouldn't enjoy your premades on the market, but getting into a survival mindset wont hurt. And believe me, as good as those premade prices seem, they can't compete with a $0.25 30 ml bottle you made yourself.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have a TON of DIY stuff. I have a peanut butter banana juice I was forced to re-create when Vape Wild stopped making my favorite juice, lol. I have a liter bottle of 100 mg nic juice I got before the regs that I haven't even touched yet! I already had some lower-nic VG juice that I am using up. I also vape at 3 mg but I vaped no nic for half of last year due to surgery. I went back to 3 mg just for that little bite the nicotine adds. Plus, I ain't skeerd of a little nicotine, lol~ :)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
At 3 mg, and assuming you're not vaping 30 ml a day, a liter of nic will last you damn near forever. Throw 2 liters in your freezer and you're set no matter what the powers that be try to enact. That, some flavorings, and a little PG and VG, you're good to go. You just need recipes you like. Not to say you shouldn't enjoy your premades on the market, but getting into a survival mindset wont hurt. And believe me, as good as those premade prices seem, they can't compete with a $0.25 30 ml bottle you made yourself.
You are so right- probably my next frenzy will be directed at DIY juice! Just to have for a rainy FDA regs doomsday!
I have read some of the recipes and looked at the sites- so DIY will definately have to be in my future

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Amazingly, it's just fine to put coils in a mug in the microwave! I read on here that someone else was doing that and I asked about it. She said she had been doing it for a long time and never had an issue, so I tried it. Apparently if they are covered in water they don't cause the sparking issue. Cool, right?? Microwaved water gets hotter and stays hotter longer than boiling on the stove and there's no danger of walking away and letting all of the water burn out of the pan. Just ruined a pan this weekend making applesauce. Maybe I should have microwaved that! :D
I have an EUC in my Super Tank, too. I set it up for my son, who wanted to try vaping but, unfortunately, is not yet ready to make the switch. :(

That's very cool. I had to get the 10 pack of EUCs to get a sleeve with it. If they clean up easily, and as they're not an all day thing for me, those 10 heads will last me a really long time.

I really like the OBS Engine mini- but am hoping that they make a Nano mini- I really like the single coil, but need a 23mm tank!

I fel the same. I have 3 dual coil Engines right now, 2 in my ADV rotation and one in the stash. I passed on the single coil nano for the very reason of wanting it in 23 mm as I don't need another Engine in 25 mm.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
That would be awesome! I have a couple of dual coil decks but I would rather build singles. It's just easier that way, lol. And I agee, 23 mm is perfect for a lot of my mods. I'm really happy to see that more companies are going with colors other than black and silver, too. My Super Tank is white, which I love, but I am positive I need a rainbow tank. :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Any word when you are getting the Arthur?
Nope, still no tracking! :( I will try and contact Heaven Gifts tonight and see if they can give me an estimate. I have a feeling supplies are a little low since Arctic Dolphin did some changes to them before release. As much as I hate to wait, I would much rather have a trouble-free mod when it does finally arrive than to have a hitchy one earlier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread