Arctic V12 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
I picked up a HorizonTech Arctic V12 on black Friday for a steal. I had watched a vid about the coils for this tank and was intrigued. The ones I have are just the ones it came with, which are the 12 coil(quad coil, triple stacked). Anyway I inspected it making sure the O rings were in place and that everything was snug. So, this thing ripped through the 3/4 of a tank of juice I filled it with, in like 10 hits. It was nuts. But it was leaking out of the airflow. Just a lil we aping at first, but then a lil more. I took it back apart and double checked the coil to make sure the O ring was there and in place, which it was, so I refilled it. Same results. I don't know if it's because if the heat, since I was vaping at 130W, but the coil is rated for 120w-160w, so you wouldn't think it should be an issue. The juice I was using was max vg, so that shouldn't be an issue either. So if there's anyone who has had the same problem, or that has any feedback, please let me know, thx! (BTW my HorizonTech Cerakoat leaked like crazy too. Do HorizonTech products just suck?)

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
Hello, i know this is a bit of an old post but I too experienced some leakage with my V12. It was more seepage than leakage for me. It would get a bit wet just outside of the air holes.
I fixed the problem by replacing the o-ring that is located at the bottom of the coil itself. The juice was leaking from where the coil screws into the base. I have quite an assortment of spare o-rings so i found one that fit the base of the coil and that fixed the problem. No more leaks, bone dry.
Let me know if you need to kow the size of the o-ring I used. I'll forward that on to you.

Reactions: Darth Xibalba

Darth Xibalba

Jun 4, 2016
Hello, i know this is a bit of an old post but I too experienced some leakage with my V12. It was more seepage than leakage for me. It would get a bit wet just outside of the air holes.
I fixed the problem by replacing the o-ring that is located at the bottom of the coil itself. The juice was leaking from where the coil screws into the base. I have quite an assortment of spare o-rings so i found one that fit the base of the coil and that fixed the problem. No more leaks, bone dry.
Let me know if you need to kow the size of the o-ring I used. I'll forward that on to you.
Thanks for the reply. So did u end up going with a thicker o ring? I'll try that, cuz I too have quite a collection of o rings. I had just sat that tank aside, disgruntledly cuz I had also picked up the Limitless XL, which has preformed perfect. The coils in that one seem to be about the same as the v12, but look to be better made. They screw together instead of just press fit. So do you just keep putting that same o ring on every coil you use, with no problem? Thx again, and I'll try that out for sure

Reactions: John M.

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
I basically used a better quality oring, it's about identical in size to the original one. The size I used is 1Dx13CxS1.
It just seems to be a better quality ring and maybe a tad bit thicker. It completely eliminated any seeping of juice from the air holes. I really like the V12, almost as much as my TFV8 (which has been my favorite since it came out). And now that it doesn't leak on me it's pretty much equal to my TFV8.
I'll have to take a closer look at the Limitless XL..I've heard good things about it.
Good luck with your V12 and let me know if I can help! I think you'll be glad you tried out a new o-ring on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread