Are cartomizers supposed to change OhM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmrdave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Irving, TX
Just to add to the data, I use Kanger horizontal coil cartos in my tanks. They read ~2.5 ohms new. Using clear liquids after a week they are still at 2.5. Using darker liquids, the resistance creeps up to 2.7/2.8 after a week.
I think, per the discussions above, that the darker liquids gunk up on the coil so that after a while it can't dissipate the heat as easily so the heating effects cause the coil to build up resistance.

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I don't think you have to worry about the Provari. They have short protection. That's one of the many reasons they are tops.

I threw out the carto. I got scared it would short my provari. I still want feedback please. This is something I have never seen before and not sure if it is normal or not

xxThr4sh3rxx

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
North Bay, Canada
Any time I have the slightest issue with a carto, I empty my tank with a syringe, and do the same as much as possible in the carto sponge. I then put it through a cycle in my Ultrasonic cleaner (using only hot water) check the Ohm's on my Provariu, and if I still have issues, I toss it. Even though my Provari has circuit protection, @1.20 each I'd rather chuck a carto then have to worry about my PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread