Are coils from different manufacturers interchangeable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liazard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2016
Are coils from different manufacturers interchangeable? In product descriptions they all say a specific device name on them. But then in reviews of mods you often hear things like "It's not the best coil available . . ." as if you had a choice.

If coils can be swapped out between devices, what are the key specs? Resistance in ohms? Are the threads the same?

Reactions: aikanae1

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
There is a long list of tanks (Melo III, Atlantis, iJust - just to name a few) that can all take the same Aspire Atlantis/Triton coils. Plus they can all use their own brand of coils.

Then there are tanks whose coil designs are specific to that brand.

I think when most reviews say something like that, they are probably referring to that specific variation of the coil. Because one brand of coil can come in different resistances and with different wire material.

I'm a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Some are and some aren't. It's been frustrating to keep track of which coils work in what tanks. There's a large list of Atlantis coil tanks and vice versa, but they aren't the only ones with some compatibility. I keep hoping to see a spreadsheet or listing but haven't yet. Sweet Vapes USED to list compatibility, but stopped doing that. Most manufacturers won't mention it.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread