Are DSE801 cartomizers available anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
For the 801 carts I've heard they'll take 40 drops of e-liquid. I haven't gotten any yet. I do the condom fill from the batt end on my 510 cartomizers, not sure how I'll be able to do that with these.
The 801 cartos come packed like a atty in plastic (no condoms). Seems like you just take off the tip a drip into it.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I just got a few from MadVapes, and am having problems with them, probably user error though :)

I drip my juice in and it pools on top of the filler and slowly soaks in, really slowly. How do I know when there is enough in?

If they are like 808s, and I imagine they are, hold the carto at a 45 degree angle and drip close to the wall of the carto. It's full when you're sure the juice has settled and the filler looks slushy.

With the 808s I found that the easiest fill was what's called the condom method. If you can get a silicone cap from another type of carto and it fits alright, drip juice into it and slowly push the carto in. Either end will do but I use the battery end since that's where I want my juice anyway. Going slowly, your carto is full when the juice starts seeping out the other end.

xanas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Wow, I was hoping these would be good alternatives to a standard atty while driving to work or running errands. I tried StormFinch's method, tilted it about 45 degrees, and slowly dripped juice down onto the filler. I let it get saturated, about 40 drops. Liquid came out the battery end of I wiped it off and flipped it over so any excess would drin out the other end. I get a really tight draw and almost no vapor. I feel like I'm sucking a really thick milkshake. I blew into the battery end, had airflow no juice came out the other end and no change in draw.

I bought them primarily on LeggoMyEars' recommendation and video review.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Sounds like it's still a little flooded xanas. Hold it over the sink or a paper towel and give it one or two really hard blows, like trying to blow up one of those small balloons. That should clear the excess juice, and the next time you will know to back off a couple of drops on your refill. Let us know how it goes.

xanas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, I bought 4 of these cartos so I could experiment with them and use different juices. I took one of the unused cartos and filled it, using less liquid so that non-came out the bottom, trying to prevent flooding. I did blow out the previous one as well for comparison. I did get a little more airflow, but both the carts were harsh. I had previously been vaping some grape in a normal cart so I used the same grape in the carto so I could have a direct comparison. After one pull I ended up having to swap back to my normal atty and take a couple pulls just to get the taste out of my mouth, nasty!

I keep hearing such great reviews and I still have so much hope for them, I feel I must be doing something wrong.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Dave "leggomyears" just posted a new vid on youtube on both issues;

YouTube - VapeTalk 801 Cartomizer AirFlow and Filling Instructions

Also, I've been checking the reviews on the 801 cartos on MV website and appears that they are not all consistent, some are reporting they are getting bad ones. I'm not sold on them yet, and I can chain vape like mad at times, the carts are holding out fine for me, so I'm gonna hold off on ordering any for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread