Travel and Vaping Are e cigs legal in Bali, Indonesia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalk

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2009
Malaysia
I spend quite a bit of time in Bali, but have never seen an ecig there. I have no reason to suspect they would be illegal though I don't think you will find anyone selling supplies, if that is what you are asking. I'll shoot a quick email to my contact in the police dept and see if he knows anything.

Much appreciated Munson. What I want to do is order and ship to Bali, so I can vape over there. Looking forward to your update. Cheers!

Munson

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Chandler, AZ
I just heard back from my Balinese friend, Nyoman:

I have just asked to my friend, he said that there is a chinese doctor brough it to Bali and sell it $50. It is 2 sticks of electric cigarette and it can re-charge but it has to put somethings inside to taste what u like. Is it????

Haha! Not the best English in the world but apparently not only are they legal, there is a supplier! =) Hope this helps!

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
There are local suppliers in Indonesia, but unfortunately most of them sell generic e-cigs and not the fancy branded kind. If you have an address for suppliers to ship your order then i think it's fine.

So far, there's no law against e-cigs in Indonesia, i think cos cigarette industry hasn't been hit hard by e-cigs considering cigarette price is relatively low. Good luck with your plan :)

tchefunkta

Dec 3, 2011
United States
BUMP....can those of you who went to Bali report back about how it went with the electronic cigarette? Did anyone just pack it in their suitcase? I'm going to Bali this summer, and I am already stressing about what to do if I can't bring my e-cig--I searched long and hard to find the one (Ego-C) that works for me and I doubt it is sold in Bali. I'm afraid that a customs agent would think that my e-cig is drug paraphanalia and will then arrest me or something.

Dirty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
Vancouver
Before I left for Bali I could not find a single person giving any form of advice for taking ecigs to Indonesia or Bali. I'm just back from a trip to Bali and I took my ecigs. So if you're wondering, it's more than possible to do it and not be arrested as they are "illegal".

I took two 650mAh ego batteries in my carry on luggage and three big batteries for my lavatube. The egos had a CE2 on one and a 510 cartomiser on the other. I figured I should leave something vapable on them if I was asked what they were. No one asked at all and I went through security four times: once in Edinburgh (Scotland), Amsterdam, Singapore and Bali.

I left my lavatube with no batteries or attachments in my checked luggage and again, no one said anything.

The security in Bali seemed pretty lax. I had to put my checked and carry on through an X-ray machine but it seemed like they wouldn't care unless it was an obvious bomb.

Since the bombing a few years ago, expect a lot of security checks going into places like hotels and malls - just don't have anything like a provari or lavatube on show as they don't frisk you or look into your bags if they're not bulging full or anything.

I stealth vaped everywhere I went so I couldn't tell you how anyone would react if they saw you vaping. I'd guess they'd be pretty cool about it or try to sell you something because you stand out more.

Well, that's it from me. I hope someone else looking at taking an ecig into Indonesia finds this more helpful than my search for whether you can take ecigs in or not.

This is from another thread, posted by member "leftfield", Thanks leftfield. Just leaving it here for future seekers

Bronte

Dec 14, 2011
Geoje, South Korea
Just an update for anyone interested but thought I'd add to the thread and let people know that I had no problems at all in Bali (although I was only there a couple of days and spent the rest of the time on the Gili Islands). Vaped from the moment I got outside the airport, walking along the street, bars, beach etc without any negative interest. It was a major conversation starter for other travellers although the Indonesians didn't seem to be bothered by it in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread