are eleaf products junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
This is only relevant if this opinion is based on actual first-hand experience. I've seen this same opinion posted many times and am starting to think it is wandering into the urban legend/myth status..

Actually it's based on disassembling and reassembling and secondly listening and reading all the backlash from vapors all over the web .

You ever see how those things are put together on the inside , my God . Most people take them for what they are , a very cheap mostly functional mod with a company who doesn't give a damn about their customers .

Their refusal to admit known defects in certain isticks and basically saying F U to their loyal customers who had legit problems and couldn't afford to buy another is appalling .

eleaf has also been busted flooding forums as pretending to be just an average joe specifically to self promote and shill for their own products while bashing their competitors products .

Reddit found eleaf had 13 accounts self promoting their products pretending to be average vapors, they are just an awful and untrustworthy outfit . Lots of people will never buy eleaf again because of what they are known for .

If people want to support a company like that by all means but lots of people will not and will never buy Eleaf again . Many well known e cig personalities call their mods garbage , certainly not just me by any means.

Reactions: beckdg

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
Well it came today. The shape is very short and stout. Initial impressions are not too great, the tank is kind of difficult to drip liquid into and it doesn't seem to come immediately into direct contact with the coil, it has to sort of flow through some little structure, so priming may take a while. My main beef with it is that the airflow isn't genuinely adjustable, and yet the airflow part of it has a bunch of ugly ridges like it is supposed to have some sort of airflow adjuster on it, only it doesn't. It came with a really ugly neon yellow "grippy"-textured silicone ring with slots for air adjustment, which you can slide over the tank... it is gaudy and seems hard to use/adjust once it is on. The tank however holds quite a bit of liquid. Right now I am letting it sit and prime, not too sure how to prime it to be honest because of the way the liquid has to get through a little contained section before it gets to the coil. We will see how it does though, I am using the same liquid I have in my subvod/toptank so I will be able to compare flavor and vapor production between the two.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
I am an idiot noob and actually initially took a huge drag without priming the coil. Oh my god, terrible. Gross gross gross. I went ahead and swapped out that 0.3 ohm coil for one of the 0.5 I ordered. Been priming it for a while now, dropped some liquid on the cotton and in the coil, and let it sit, and I am now taking some hits but they taste funny. Dunno if some of the burnt flavor is hanging out somewhere in the tank or what. I am just going to let it sit for a bit and take puffs here and there. Vapor production seems quite good. I am noticing that the base area of the tank is heating up very quickly. The vapor is pretty cool, whereas I prefer a warmer vape. I am also not getting a lot of flavor. The draw is kind of weird since the tip is quite wide-bore yet the airflow is a little tight. So far I have a feeling I will wind up tossing the whole device... especially because the tank gets so warm after only one or two drags and seems slow to cool off.

Last edited:

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Actually it's based on disassembling and reassembling and secondly listening and reading all the backlash from vapors all over the web .

You ever see how those things are put together on the inside , my God . Most people take them for what they are , a very cheap mostly functional mod with a company who doesn't give a damn about their customers .

Their refusal to admit known defects in certain isticks and basically saying F U to their loyal customers who had legit problems and couldn't afford to buy another is appalling .

Eleaf has also been busted flooding forums as pretending to be just an average joe specifically to self promote and shill for their own products while bashing their competitors products .

Reddit found Eleaf had 13 accounts self promoting their products pretending to be average vapors, they are just an awful and untrustworthy outfit . Lots of people will never buy Eleaf again because of what they are known for .

If people want to support a company like that by all means but lots of people will not and will never buy Eleaf again . Many well known e cig personalities call their mods garbage , certainly not just me by any means.
I'm familiar with vendors "astroturfing" comments and reviews of their and competitor products.

I don't have any first-hand experience with dealing with Eleaf on warranty support, so I can't in good conscience comment one way or another. I'm just saying that everything supporting your position is anecdotal, second-hand information. "Vendor X" could sell 20,000 units of "Product Y" and have five people get bad ones or have issues and they go all over the Internet saying "Product Y is CRAP! Don't buy! Support is TERRIBLE!" Does that make it a bad product? Conversely, five people are just wowed by Product Y and go all over the Internet saying "Best thing. E.V.E.R!!" doesn't make it a great product either.

Salt shaker handy; grains applied as deemed necessary. ;)

Reactions: NoFumus

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I'm familiar with vendors "astroturfing" comments and reviews of their and competitor products.

I don't have any first-hand experience with dealing with Eleaf on warranty support, so I can't in good conscience comment one way or another. I'm just saying that everything supporting your position is anecdotal, second-hand information. "Vendor X" could sell 20,000 units of "Product Y" and have five people get bad ones or have issues and they go all over the Internet saying "Product Y is CRAP! Don't buy! Support is TERRIBLE!" Does that make it a bad product? Conversely, five people are just wowed by Product Y and go all over the Internet saying "Best thing. E.V.E.R!!" doesn't make it a great product either.

Salt shaker handy; grains applied as deemed necessary. ;)

I think that is fair enough , thanks for your comments.

Reactions: beckdg

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I have never tried e leaf batteries bit I have an e leaf tank on my coolfire Iv plus an never had a problem with it.
I believe e leaf are very reliable products but for me it was always kanger products.
I recently started using innokin an it is the best e cig I have ever had. Good resistance an would say the coolfire iv plus just totally blows a lot of effort cigs out of the market

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Anyone have experience with eleaf? I have read their products are junk. Does this seem to be true?

I ask because I am waiting on my ijust 2 kit to arrive, debating whether I should have just ordered a second kanger subvod/toptank kit. But the battery is higher mah in the ijust and the tank holds more liquid.

Eleaf™ iSmoka iJust 2 Starter Kit - Vapor Authority
Ive had two Eleaf Istick 30W for a year and an Istick 40W TC. Gave one away so ordered two more. Reliable and can't be beat for price or small size.

Reactions: jefsview

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've got a Few eLeaf Mods and Tanks.

2 iStick 20w
1 iStick Mini 20w
1 iStick 40W TC
Bunch of GS Airs and GS Tanks.

They All work (are working) Fine. Except for one of my iStick 20w. The 510 threads on have gotten pretty Worn. But I did it a Lot. So I think I got more than My Monies Worth.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am an idiot noob and actually initially took a huge drag without priming the coil. Oh my god, terrible. Gross gross gross. I went ahead and swapped out that 0.3 ohm coil for one of the 0.5 I ordered. Been priming it for a while now, dropped some liquid on the cotton and in the coil, and let it sit, and I am now taking some hits but they taste funny. Dunno if some of the burnt flavor is hanging out somewhere in the tank or what. I am just going to let it sit for a bit and take puffs here and there. Vapor production seems quite good. I am noticing that the base area of the tank is heating up very quickly. The vapor is pretty cool, whereas I prefer a warmer vape. I am also not getting a lot of flavor. The draw is kind of weird since the tip is quite wide-bore yet the airflow is a little tight. So far I have a feeling I will wind up tossing the whole device... especially because the tank gets so warm after only one or two drags and seems slow to cool off.
I don't think you're giving it a fair shake since you just got it. ;) ignore the negative comments on Eleaf and give it a fair try. You can replace the drip tip with any you prefer.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I've got a Few eLeaf Mods and Tanks.

2 iStick 20w
1 iStick Mini 20w
1 iStick 40W TC
Bunch of GS Airs and GS Tanks.

They All work (are working) Fine. Except for one of my iStick 20w. The 510 threads on have gotten pretty Worn. But I did it a Lot. So I think I got more than My Monies Worth.

Basically the same here but I have the istick 30s and a few of the stealthy 10s, all sizes of the GS Air tanks from the original to the newest and I have never had an issue with any of it, it all performs great! I think with the internal battery units you have to buy them knowing you are buying a disposable mod, although I have a few over the 1 year mark now and the threads are getting a bit worn they still going strong.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
If you decide to toss it, don't toss it in the trash, toss it my way, I've been wanting to pick one up to try out!

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I've read on here that many folks think they are junk, But I've had a iStick 20 for three years now and it's served me well. I wasn't gentle with it either. So I would say that it's like any other product. You can get good ones and you can get bad ones. I love the size and it's got enough power for my purposes. Aspire Nautilus Mini tanks work great on it

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I've read on here that many folks think they are junk, But I've had a iStick 20 for three years now and it's served me well. I wasn't gentle with it either. So I would say that it's like any other product. You can get good ones and you can get bad ones. I love the size and it's got enough power for my purposes. Aspire Nautilus Mini tanks work great on it

3 years? They only came out in fall 2014.

I have 3 of the 20w purchased late 2014 that still work fine.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Anyone have experience with eleaf? I have read their products are junk. Does this seem to be true?

I ask because I am waiting on my ijust 2 kit to arrive, debating whether I should have just ordered a second kanger subvod/toptank kit. But the battery is higher mah in the ijust and the tank holds more liquid.

Eleaf™ iSmoka iJust 2 Starter Kit - Vapor Authority

1) Any mass production manufacturer will have units that get past QC and don't match up to muster, this includes Eleaf, Joyetech, Sigelei, Pioneer4You, all of them have had issues with certain models.
2) Eleaf is an entry level device manufacturer. They crank out massive numbers of devices, being lower entry level end, quality is a bit lower than a higher end Provape Provari or Svoemesto Semovar, nor are their products engineered to last past a year of moderate usage, just like Joyetech. This level and mass unit production they have more bad units pass QC and get reported on compared to a Sigelei a couple tiers up or a Provari Radius (Provari by numbers their QC is higher, less units produced less room for QC problems). Not waiving the Provari flag as a fan as an owner of one myself, just to show quality level of you get what you pay for.
3) For entry level and beginner vapers, Eleaf is hard to beat with their only true competitor being Joyetech IMO, both companies make excellent beginner units at an entry level price. Eleaf iStick40 watt TC with an Eleaf GS Air Tank or Aspire Nautilus/Nautilus Mini or Joyetech Ego One/Ego Mega One or a Kanger Subtank is a hard entry level combination to match for the price, $80 to $90USD for the whole thing with a bottle of juice and spare 5 pack of coils, and a battery device that can expand I suggest to most beginners that have the extra money to move up from a starter Ego Class and Aspire CE5 or ET-S tank. Double the mAh of most of the Ego class (even Eleaf's iTwist Mega 1700mah), variable wattage and entry level temp control that can last between 6 months to 12 months depending on how hard it is used and taken care of.

The iJust2 is also a good starter unit like the iSticks, quite similar to the Joyetech Ego One and Aspire CF Subohm units. Would I own one if I was starting out, yes I would, had no problems with my iStick20watts and iStick30watts, shop I work at we have very, very, very few Eleaf iTwist Megas or iStick 30 or 40 watts return with issues beyond user error, the 20watts and 50watts we had issues with, but a volume of 10 units sold per day average, 1 or 2 returning during the month with manufacturer problems is money lost warranty wise yes, but for the most part it was working through bad suppliers more than at eLeaf's end. But a battle of numbers with units sold/produced vs units that legitamately boomerang back due to QC at the manufacturer higher bulk manufacturer will have higher reported bad units compared to a less higher volume manufacturer in any industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread