Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
alibaba is fun, type in something and see how many photoshopped ads pop up for items that dont actually exist. wanna see something stupid? search for a provari - bet you never owned a provari clearomizer before lol

and its always fun to read ads where the translator gets stuck like this -
Toppest selling Innokin itaste VTR best quality provari variable voltage

besides it isnt for the regular folks looking for one of something, it is a dealer site for people looking at bulk items, far easier to get under the minimum amount set by manufacturers going through dealers on AB

( i think thats my word of the day right there - Toppest selling-)

I'm self-employed & a production facility so I am searching for multiples of certain things from time to time. They also do tools which they're even worse at than anything in the PV community. Other than for a laugh, perhaps, I just consider them worthless & a scam. Piece of mind has a price sometimes.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I'm self-employed & a production facility so I am searching for multiples of certain things from time to time. They also do tools which they're even worse at than anything in the PV community. Other than for a laugh, perhaps, I just consider them worthless & a scam. Piece of mind has a price sometimes.
I'm almost positive the US military buys from alibaba....lol

My fault for buying them off FleaBay in the first place, and for not paying close enough attention to the ad picture posted. When I got them and looked back at the ad this seller did not state that they were genuine. So while not being totally honest maybe if they are in fact fakes he also didn't lie.

The picture in the ad at the vendor's website I bought them from looks like Thrasher's - extra text/logos and all.
AW IMR 18650 2000mAh Battery | Ecig Life

Also, not using the word "genuine" shouldn't matter, AW is a brand - if they are fake, they are not AW, simple as that IMO.

That's how the original AW batteries used to look like. That is very interesting !

View attachment 275726

These are the originals from Hong Kong in 2009 by Andrew Wan.

Yes, I've seen genuine retailers use that pic as well - the text is a solid, truetype font. Mine is dot-matrix style.

Just noticed the photo on ProVape's site. The one's I received last week from them look like the one Thrasher posted though.
AW IMR Batteries: Ecigarette Batteries, ECig Batteries, Battery 18500

As above.

like I said earlier, dont hold the vendors feet over the fire too quickly, as I stated, sometimes they are being duped into buying the fakes as well, it's very easy to go to a wholesale site like alibaba and get stung if you dont really know what your doing or what to look out for.

Compare the pic in my OP and this:
AW IMR 18650 2000mAh Battery | Ecig Life

Now tell me he was the one who got duped...

I have only bought AW's from ProVape....18490 and 18350. Some of them have the additional printing and some do not.

As above - eve the ones with no logo don't have dot matrix-type writing. I am 95% certain they're fake, therefore I have shown the vendor I bought them from.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
20131123_212009.jpg

Here are my AW's. The one on the top is from RTD. I emailed them, and they told me they get them straight from Andrew Wan

The bottom is from Provape. Which one is fake ???

He still might have got duped but nevertheless, what you got isn't what's on their website so you did not get what you paid for.

Exactly!

Yes, they look exactly like the print on mine! Thanks for the link, I'll be using it whe I email the vendor.

As for the argument of whether he knew or not - if his website has the genuine ones pictured and he sends me something that looks totally different - I say he knew.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I'm almost positive the US military buys from alibaba....lol

Oh, don't get me started on the spending rituals of the US Military... We buy something at full price, and when it breaks we send it in to get refurbished, and turn around and buy another at a "reduced" price, only to find out the only thing they did was maybe replace a CPU for $150, yest rather than pay the price to repair it, we pay several thousand... ...? We buy $200 hard drives all day long because they have been "Certified" as safe for classified information... That certification costs $1500 a unit... Yes... Makes me sick. Seriously, whenever I have to review a parts order for a boat, I think 15 more hairs turn white right then and there...

We do use US vendors exclusively though, unless we are unable to for whatever reason... It's hard for a submarine in Japan to source something from the US, so in cases like that we'll use a foreign vendor. It's not them that are raping us though, it's the insane defense contractors and their "certified" parts. Like slapping a milspec on something really inflates the price by 1000% or more...

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Oh, don't get me started on the spending rituals of the US Military... We buy something at full price, and when it breaks we send it in to get refurbished, and turn around and buy another at a "reduced" price, only to find out the only thing they did was maybe replace a CPU for $150, yest rather than pay the price to repair it, we pay several thousand... ...? We buy $200 hard drives all day long because they have been "Certified" as safe for classified information... That certification costs $1500 a unit... Yes... Makes me sick. Seriously, whenever I have to review a parts order for a boat, I think 15 more hairs turn white right then and there...

We do use US vendors exclusively though, unless we are unable to for whatever reason... It's hard for a submarine in Japan to source something from the US, so in cases like that we'll use a foreign vendor. It's not them that are raping us though, it's the insane defense contractors and their "certified" parts. Like slapping a milspec on something really inflates the price by 1000% or more...

The joke was about exactly what you're saying how they buy crap repeatedly and end up paying more. I knew they weren't going to outsource, though. ;)

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
View attachment 275963

Here are my AW's. The one on the top is from RTD. I emailed them, and they told me they get them straight from Andrew Wan

The bottom is from Provape. Which one is fake ???

They both look genuine... The 18490's I just got from ProVape look like the one on top you got from RTD. Pretty sure ProVape only sells the genuine article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread