Are my efest batteries the 20amp or the 10amp version? Any help will be appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaryhf

Oct 18, 2017
efest battery 3.jpg
efest battery 2.jpg
efest battery 1.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Being that Efest is a battery rewrapper, and being that Efest can change whatever cell they are rewrapping at any time without public notice, who could really say what is actually under the wrapper?

Purple Efest Batteries Not As Advertised
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded) Battery?

Mooch might be willing to offer a guess by just seeing the top cap, but in the future it might help to show the entire battery instead of just the positive cap.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Is there something special about the top that would tell you in one way or another? I'm pretty sure with rebranded batteries you kinda have to rewrap them to see what's actually underneath to know for sure. What are you planning to use them in (probably safe to use in a regulated mod, an unregulated, not so much.

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Not a good way to tell but sometimes there is a way to tell with certain batteries. The LG HG batteries have four posts and some counterfeits of them have only 3.

The only way to be relatively certain about batteries being genuine is to buy them from a reputable distributor.

zaryhf

Oct 18, 2017
Is there something special about the top that would tell you in one way or another? I'm pretty sure with rebranded batteries you kinda have to rewrap them to see what's actually underneath to know for sure. What are you planning to use them in (probably safe to use in a regulated mod, an unregulated, not so much.

Anna
well my mod is regulated, but does that mean its only safe if i use it at a low wattage? my coils are .29OHMS

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would think that provided you aren't going crazy HIGH like 120 watts or something you should be okay. If you use high wattage and your batteries aren't up to the task, though, they should tell you, by either not firing if they don't have the power to do so, and/or battery sag later (your mod can't convert power and the vape will get weak, or the mod again will stop firing, even if there is "battery life" showing.

It's a regulated mod, so trying them out probably isn't as unsafe as with an unregulated mod, but I'm not going to actually recommend it, since you don't actually know what they are. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I always recommend best practice, but I think the first outcome I listed is more likely than thermal runaway and venting (if you are able to notice battery sag in your vape) unless you are repeatedly trying this experiment, which will eventually cause battery stress and a possible terrible outcome, but I don't think that trying them a few times in your mod and seeing how they perform would be awful though there are always risks. I guess I'm trying to walk a fine line here, since personally I probably might not, but I also don't think it's the unsafest thing of all time to TRY them, just be aware of safety, if your mod or batteries are heating up, etc., and if you do notice poor performance, save them for a mod where you use less wattage, or don't use them at all (can you send them back? That's probably what I would do if I could, and make sure I bought authentics).

Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
well my mod is regulated, but does that mean its only safe if i use it at a low wattage? my coils are .29OHMS

It's "safe" only if you use batteries from major manufacturers and don't exceed the current capability of the particular batteries you are using. It sounds like you are going to a dual battery mod, so the better brand 20A batteries in pairs will be OK up to 120W used in a pair (60W each). Stick with Sony, LG, and Samsung batteries that are rated at 20A or higher.

I'd use those Efests in a 5W LED flashlight if I were you.

Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com
Look here for authentic batteries 20A and up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread