Are people Still buying Provape Anything? WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
The manuals and specs can be found here:

P3, Classic & 2.5 Instruction Manuals
Yeah. Those don't show the amp limits if memory serves, so are pretty useless to me.

The 1.0 has a 2.5 amp limit if I remember correctly. Beyond that, I don't recall.

Checked the links and the Classic and the Radius will suit my needs, but the 2.5 still has that almost useless manual. What's the amp limit on a 2.5? Is it still 3.5?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Huh. I thought it was $40.

Shoot, at the prices the 2.5's are selling at, I ought to just grab one of those. The 'classic' is intriguing as well.

Most of my coils these days are built to about 1.2-1.4 ohm. I don't even know if a ProVari will run one of those at 8.4 watts.
The Classic will push 4.5 amp :) I PM'ed Monster Kenny about this.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah. Those don't show the amp limits if memory serves, so are pretty useless to me.

The 1.0 has a 2.5 amp limit if I remember correctly. Beyond that, I don't recall.

Checked the links and the Classic and the Radius will suit my needs, but the 2.5 still has that almost useless manual. What's the amp limit on a 2.5? Is it still 3.5?
2.5 is still 3.5...

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Go here to find the Droids you seek...

DNA 20/30 as Compared To Provari v2.5

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
You had to pick a page that I replied extensively on, didn't you. :(

I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand. I hate feeling like a newb.
POM...

It is good to have you back.

I'll never forget the Provi Ti Banner you made for me.

Thanks for being POM!!!

Jim

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Huh. I thought it was $40.

Shoot, at the prices the 2.5's are selling at, I ought to just grab one of those. The 'classic' is intriguing as well.

Most of my coils these days are built to about 1.2-1.4 ohm. I don't even know if a ProVari will run one of those at 8.4 watts.

Sure it will. I use a Rüzgar with a 1.5Ω coil on my P3 at home - usually around 4.2-4.5 volts (11 to 13 ish watt range). I pop it on a 2.5 mini when I go out. It works fine, however the battery life is cr@p - hence my new Radius.

ETA: I only bought the Radius because of the size and battery life. I like the minis a lot, but I'm often in a position where I can't change batteries easily.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Sure it will. I use a Rüzgar with a 1.5Ω coil on my P3 at home - usually around 4.2-4.5 volts (11 to 13 ish watt range). I pop it on a 2.5 mini when I go out. It works fine, however the battery life is cr@p - hence my new Radius.

ETA: I only bought the Radius because of the size and battery life. I like the minis a lot, but I'm often in a position where I can't change batteries easily.
The sole saving grace of the Radius with regards to my interest in it, that and the charge port...oh yeah, and it looks so sweet!

Last edited:

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Yes, not exaggerating. I have coveted the provaris as too nice to leave home. Im a bit .... about them and didnt want to see even a scratch on one. The provaris live on the coffee table and home use only. I simply have never dropped one and always had a cheaper mod for use out of the house. My current daily driver is a 2016 mazda mx5 miata. Love the car but absolutely no place to put anything. If im driving with a passenger then my mod sits on my lap. I have repeatedly gotten out of the car with my mod in my lap and bang, bounce of the pavement.

I drive a 2007 MX-5 PRHT. Buy one of these and stick it in the cup holder on the door. Works great.

Vapor Stands Trek-E Black - Cup Holder Ecig Stand

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
OK I simply cant let this one go. "Provape customer service is simply non existent". Is 100% credible unless of course you dont understand what the meaning of customer service is or have very low expectations esp when spending a premium for what is considered the Cadillac of devices.
There is no way to contact Provape other then via there web site form. When my P3 died

fill out the form
wait 48 hours and received an RMA
Ship the device
4 days later a response from Provape saying $80 to repair and a link to either Pay or have it shipped back broken
respond to that asking to speak to someone about the issue because i felt it was not my fault and should be a covered repair. I included my phone number and begged someone to call me. back and forth with at least 24 hours between responses. I was already 2 weeks into no P3 when I received a call from KIM, a nice gal who felt bad for me and called me from her cell phone to talk about my issue. Kim explained to me that they are not even allowed to use the in house phone to speak to customers but felt so strongly that i was being treated unfairly that she called me. As it turned out, Kim went to bat for me and got the parts and cleaning costs dropped. 3 weeks and $30.00 later and the P3 was finally home. I believe that justifies saying that there is no customer service support. Yes there is a process for repair, but there sure is no way to get support.

One more tidbit, I recommended the P3 to a friend a while back, he ordered the device and about 2 mins later noticed online that it was offered in Titanium. He was willing to drop the extra 50$. Of course with no way to contact them other then the stupid form he filled it out within minutes of placing the order, asking that they change the order and he would go online and pay the invoice. NOPE, TOO LATE WAS THE RESPONSE (2 days later), your order has already processed and shipped. He offered to return it unopened and pay for the upgrade and again, NOPE.

Rondo, I don't think your statement about "not even allowed to use the in house phone" is true. But assuming that is, you just threw Kim under the bus. The folks from ProVape do read these threads. What a nice guy you are!

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
PM me for David's email address. We gotta get the "Save Kim's job campaign" started! :eek:

...I kid, I kid. I really do have David's email, but I won't hand it out without his permission. Because that wouldn't be cool. It would be kind of like throwing him under the bus.:rolleyes:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
PM me for David's email address. We gotta get the "Save Kim's job campaign" started! :eek:

...I kid, I kid. I really do have David's email, but I won't hand it out without his permission. Because that wouldn't be cool. It would be kind of like throwing him under the bus.:rolleyes:

I think throwing him under a Segway would be more appropriate.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
IMG_3010.PNG

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I want the Radius to be 200 watts, temperature control, Two batteries, and smaller... way smaller... shorter too. It needs to have squonking, and onboard charging that charges at 1.9A. And also, the Plastic parts need to be metal. Lose that P3 thread, it's stupid, because fastech doesn't make an atty with P3 threading. I want the 510 connector FLUSH, I want it to weigh more for a heftier feel, but be made of Titanium for lightness.

I want it to have software that can customize the screens and the ability for the user to design which button controls individual functions. I want the back to be the sides and the sides to be the front. The boost needs to go to 11 because 5 isn't enough. I want IQ back, and Voltage, even though I vape in watts all the time. I want the choice to be mine, not theirs.

I want it to be upgradeable to 300 watts when somebody else makes a 250 watt device, and I want it to go to 400 watts when 350 watts becomes normal, all of which is done using the the software that is provided for updating it, which will run on Unix. It should include the ability to run on ANY battery, no matter what. But especially VTC5s because they are making a comeback.

And I want it to sell for $47.36 on Fastech, but with a coupon code that makes it $29.16

I want ProVape to make exactly what I want - nothing less. It is insensitive and hurtful to me that ProVape won't meet my needs - now:thumbs:.
upload_2015-11-22_18-11-22.png

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
OK, so I own a 2.5 and a 3.0. Both have been in for repairs and I was an early adopter to each so paid over $250.00 a piece for them. Both are now in working condition and have become closet queens that see ZERO use. There are far better devices selling in the $45.00 - $65.00 range and its actually embarrassing to be seen as the sucker that spent so much money on an ecig that offers nothing special and is limited in function at best. Not the new Provape Box Mod is out. 40watt, no temp setting, tiny little screen, plastic and the P3 threading with no options for tanks. And again $200.00!!!!!!! My latest device is the EVIC VTC Mini, direct competion for the new Provape box. BUT evic mini, all metal construction, magnetic battery door, 60w, temp setting, usb charging, beautiful large OLED screen, 3 button control thats intuitive. CAn be bought for under 50.00 for the device and around 80 as a starter kit with Charger and tank. Ive dropped it like 10 times and no damage. Ive never even dropped either the 2.5 or 3.0 and both have been repaired. NO WAY THE NEW PROVAPE BOX IS ON MY RADAR.
Going to try and answer this in a way you might understand.

First my evic. Bought for $100. $25 shortly after to replace cracked batt tube after a short fall, not covered by warrantee. $80 for a new head after having charging issues and the board frying due to a bad usb circuit. Again not warranteed. $50 to replace unit after 2nd head adjustment buttons stopped working thanks to my b&m working out a deal since joy tech refused to help. Replacement unit trashed after Usb overcharged batt causing a vent. Total $255 wasted and didn't get 4 months use.

Next my e-mech. Good solid vape power, liked the mod. Usb broke on third charge. No big deal used dedicated charger. Started autofiring and fried. Lasted 1.5 months company refused to honor 90day warrantee. $80 in the trash.

Ipv box. $130 fried and caught fire on first charge attempt never Vaped. Replacement covered by b&m because IPV refused warrantee, auto fired on 2nd hit fried in flames. B&m gave me a v2 to replace it which also fried within 3 weeks. Given an IPV v3 fried within a month. $430 wasted between me and b&m

Bought p3. Works great. My mistake popped contact plate off positive pin but still worked. Provape replaced it free. Still working flawlessly after a year. Cost $280 no money wasted.

Vs rdna 40. 5 replacement boards later including a Dna 200. Still not working right between screen issues, TC malfunctions , resistance reading errors, mis fires etc. VS didn't help beyond first board but evolv did step up some. Still tinkering with this one but $300 sunk into it so far.

Won a radius. So far it's been flawless. Dropped it out of my pouches while roofing taking a 15 foot drop onto gravel and not even a scratch. Would I buy it for the $200. Yes I would.

Best value out of my purchases. P3 hands down They work, are hassle free to get repaired if needed and provape stands behind them 100%. I expect no less from provape on my radius. That's why people still buy Provape products.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
It's true for me Turf...what works for me to stay tobacco free is why I vape in the first place...2-3 deep lung hits on a .25 ohm build at 70w with 5mgs of nic and I'm good..wasn't like that sucking on a Provari/protank three years ago as a newbie tootle puffer...lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
I get plenty of nic running 1.5+ ohms 10-15w at 12-18mg. Worst part about the high watt fad is I have to order most of my juice now where not more than a year ago I had 4 b&m stores I could go to. Now all they stock is 0-6 mg for the cloud crowd. Believe it or not one store lost 85% of their business because they stopped stocking higher nic liquid. I only go there now because I've made friends with the staff and like to support them but I don't buy much like I used to.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
..... [Snipped]
Bought p3. Works great. My mistake popped contact plate off positive pin but still worked. Provape replaced it free. Still working flawlessly after a year. Cost $280 no money wasted.

Why'd you spend so much on the P3 or was $280 what it was selling for?

Note 5!!!

Reactions: gnees
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread