Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Now, this I do remember, two cults Provari and REO. Lordy, now I am a member of two conflicting cults.

Though I know there was some out of line comments by some Reo people, and likely the other way around too, I don't really remember them. Between those two it's pretty much apples and oranges. The outright hostility against ProVari always baffled me though. Whatever happened to, "Whatever works for you"?

I desperately tried everything to quit smoking for over 40 years. I finally quit with an overpriced ego starter kit from Volcano. Worth every penny and a lot more.

I fully lay the blame on @Baditude for winding up with a herd of ProVari. He was relentless when I first joined here. One thing he kept telling people was the vape was smoother (firing) with a ProVari. Really? Smoother? Yeah, right.

First year quit, for our anniversary, my husband gave me a ruby red ProVari. :wub: The first thought that came into my head taking that first hit was, "That's really smooth!" Then I slapped myself.

You still see the same thing going on now with the sub-ohm vs + ohm thing. I have read posts by people that state they don't even want to talk to anyone that vapes under 40 watts. I read stuff like that and think "say what!"

That's, just, well :facepalm:. If you can convert 40 watts to volts for me I won't talk to them either.

it wasn't just the over priced and under wattage they hated ... people despised the single button that was rated at a million+ presses.

one button? ... really now, who can vape with that? :blink:

True story. We live in one of the worst areas for bug kill trees in California with over 100 dead trees on this property alone. PG&E dropped a bunch of trees and stacked the lengths around the 500 gallon propane tank 10 feet from the tin can we call home. We live on the side of a mountain. That's only part of the dead fuel problem around the house this fire season. I also don't have a car during the day and would have to walk out of here with the dog, important papers, etc. I can only carry so much while running from a fire.

You meet the most wonderful people here on ECF. You really do. I asked a friend on here if I could send him a box of my vaping stuff to hold during fire season. He graciously accepted and off it went. My gratitude was (is) undying.

Box arrived fine and he stashed it. Then he found out it was the bulk of my herd of ProVaris and he moved it to the laundry room next to the kitty litter box. I'm a dog person. :grr:

Soon the threats starting started rolling in that he was drilling holes in my mods for extra buttons. :shock:

We've had good fun out of a bad situation. I don't care what someone vapes (or didn't until I saw the For the Women thread) as long as it gets them off the cigs and they don't blow their clouds in my face.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
so what atty and ohm coils are people using on their provaris ?
I use mostly carto-tanks and KFLs. I don't use disposable atties or cartos on them only because I don't like the aesthetic. I aim for either 18" diameter or 22" diameter. Almost everything I vape is in the right range for the Provari.
still vaping the first used ProVari I bought in the classies 3 years ago ... I may eventually Ebay some of them.

View attachment 687465

View attachment 687469
You never took an updated picture? We want pictures!
Shush, we are, just don't tell anybody.
:thumb:
Beat me to it!
I really love my provari! If I was having another child I would use Vari as part of the name!!!
Now that's original!

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
I really dislike the tube mods and had no interest in Provari but when prices fell i tried one and fell in love!! I have 2 and wish i had the chance to save for the radius but they closed up before i could get it,but at least i have my 2 babies! I can see myself even getting a few more 2.5 minis if the price is right and i dont even like the tubes lol.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I avoided ProVaris in my first years of vaping because of the price. I tried a number of other VV mods and kept returning to mechs for that smooth DC power that I couldn't get otherwise. Anything other than that was giving me major throat irritation at most any setting.

A friend who had used one exclusively for two years while working on a Hilo with numerous drops fell in love with the Hana mod three years ago. He ended up sending me his beaten up ProVari 2.0, which I used for a couple more years. It was exactly what I was looking for and I knew it on the first puff.

When they started almost giving them away for about $30 I ordered a few. Then a few more...

I like a couple other devices but the ProVari 2.5's are the foundation of my hoard. I don't expect my other regulated mods to last more than a year while the ProVari's should hold on for a very long time.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
equilibrium.jpg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
As I was beginning to learn that there was more gear than the ego stick and CE4 clearo. My first purchase was a pink provari for my wife when they were at their height of pricyness, over 200 bucks then the batts, charger and exchange to CAD to add on top...big investment. Couple months later I then bought myself a black one, they are both still used almost daily but now the provari is closed they have taken more-or-less a back burner and using other hitters. I got lucky and scored a black P3 for 99 bucks, got it delivered went looking for another almost immediately and provape was closed down, the P3 is still NIB with a few vapes taken off it to see if it worked.
The selling of used provaris has slowed down but there were many mini's but only a few standard and they usually went quick. I have no time for a mini and 350 batts.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I fully lay the blame on @Baditude for winding up with a herd of ProVari. He was relentless when I first joined here. One thing he kept telling people was the vape was smoother (firing) with a ProVari. Really? Smoother? Yeah, right.

First year quit, for our anniversary, my husband gave me a ruby red ProVari. :wub: The first thought that came into my head taking that first hit was, "That's really smooth!" Then I slapped myself.
This claim was difficult to explain to non-Provari owners. Skeptics would ask how could one regulated battery device produce a smoother vaping experience from another?

The answer could be explained by the chipset used by Provape. The chip was a military-grade, US-made chip that fired at a faster frequency than the majority of the Chinese-made mods available at the time.

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc
Provari: Made in the USA

I guess you had to own one to understand. ;)

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Those tanks! Is that something you decorate them with/

As I was beginning to learn that there was more gear than the ego stick and CE4 clearo. My first purchase was a pink provari for my wife when they were at their height of pricyness, over 200 bucks then the batts, charger and exchange to CAD to add on top...big investment. Couple months later I then bought myself a black one, they are both still used almost daily but now the provari is closed they have taken more-or-less a back burner and using other hitters. I got lucky and scored a black P3 for 99 bucks, got it delivered went looking for another almost immediately and provape was closed down, the P3 is still NIB with a few vapes taken off it to see if it worked.
The selling of used provaris has slowed down but there were many mini's but only a few standard and they usually went quick. I have no time for a mini and 350 batts.

It's why god invented extension tubes? If you found a mini you wanted, I could mail you an extension tube, if I can find it. Down side is I think it's chromed brass (could be polished ss), upside is it's new. How much does it cost to send across the border?

This claim was difficult to explain to non-Provari owners. Skeptics would ask how could one regulated battery device produce a smoother vaping experience from another?

The answer could be explained by the chipset used by Provape. The chip was a military-grade, US-made chip that fired at a faster frequency than the majority of the Chinese-made mods available at the time.

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc
Provari: Made in the USA

I guess you had to own one to understand. ;)

Hi Bad! Great to see you, hope you are well. Have internet yet?

You did your homework, knew your stuff and helped the noobs relentlessly. I trusted you and you didn't let me down. Since than I tried one other mod that was a dismal failure. There's one other that I want to try, if I can find it again, stealth type, but am one happy camper with my ProVaris. Severe vape mail withdrawal after ProVape closed. :(

When asked why I like ProVari, I mention durability, reliability, "and it vapes very smoothly :blush:."

Edit because I can't spell noob. :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread