Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Good Lord, everyone should watch Bussardo’s video. Two facts become very clear. 1) It is quite obvious why they cost what they did. 2) It’s also quite obvious why they couldn’t compete with China.
My gosh, quality control on steroids. Kudos to them.

The first time I ever vaped a provari I heard the angels sing.. (figure of speech)

Before that everything i had ever vaped was exactly crap, for real. (ego, kangertech, innokin, aspire etc.) The provari was my unicorn, my perfect happy place.

Sure, I don't mind other things from time to time, but once a unicorn always a love. This is how it is with most provari users... are they high end? Yes. But they are worth the money if your vaping style falls within their range.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
I just checked eBay and the prices for the Radius are insane! I still have one, in the box, resting comfortably until I need to call it into action!
Did you see the new in the box P3? Crazy money.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    so what atty and ohm coils are people using on their provaris ?

I still use 3 ohm Boge carto tanks.
    P1000891_zpstzwl1xdr.jpg

Bought that "J-tank" in 2011, and still use it every day.

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)
    I've been perfectly happy with my P2.5 though I should get a beauty ring. I generally use a mini Buddha tank (18mm) with 1.6Ω coil. Sometimes I'll throw my mini Protank or an EVOD on as well. It's a tank, no doubt, dropping it on the gravel driveway has chewed up much of the lovely emerald green paint but it still functions fine. I just have to clean off the center pin.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    I've been known to like them....:D

View attachment 687085

Oh wow i am so jealous...what beauties!!! I use a provari and love it, i don't even leave the house with it as i don't want to lose it or it get stolen. Already had one stolen. I put a kabuki tank on mine and it's never missed a beat. Every vape is right on and consistent. If you can get one go for it...it will last you a life time.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    The first time I ever vaped a provari I heard the angels sing.. (figure of speech)

Before that everything i had ever vaped was exactly crap, for real. (ego, kangertech, innokin, aspire etc.) The provari was my unicorn, my perfect happy place.

Sure, I don't mind other things from time to time, but once a unicorn always a love. This is how it is with most provari users... are they high end? Yes. But they are worth the money if your vaping style falls within their range.

OMG you said it best i felt the same way!!

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2014
    Cali
    I would say they are.
    8a029f26cf4eae5897d9e3cb12b053ab.jpg

As for why they closed up, there are a few reasons. First and foremost is the deeming. No new products, no updates to current ones and not enough profit margin to pay for the cost of the PMTA process or the new licensing to be a tobacco manufacturer. 2nd is the lawsuit California did against them for not complying with the prop 65 rules that cost them money out of their pocket. Third is the upcoming lawsuits for exploding batteries that are being blamed on mod makers.

The cloud machine/watt wars had nothing to do with it. Sure, sales were down some but they were still selling tons of mods and well in the black financially.

Now Mike (Zen) did try to buy Provape and had investors looking at it but ultimately the very reasons Provape closed is why he couldn't get backers to help buy it. He even tried to convince them to keep it open and only sell overseas but they wouldn't go for it. I believe the quote was "why have an American company if you can't sell in America"

There's a Busardo vid as well as a plumes of hazard episode where Mike talks about it if you want to know more. Mike has said several times he owes a lot of his success to provape for helping expand his market.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2015
    Indiana
    I would say they are.
    8a029f26cf4eae5897d9e3cb12b053ab.jpg

As for why they closed up, there are a few reasons. First and foremost is the deeming. No new products, no updates to current ones and not enough profit margin to pay for the cost of the PMTA process or the new licensing to be a tobacco manufacturer. 2nd is the lawsuit California did against them for not complying with the prop 65 rules that cost them money out of their pocket. Third is the upcoming lawsuits for exploding batteries that are being blamed on mod makers.

The cloud machine/watt wars had nothing to do with it. Sure, sales were down some but they were still selling tons of mods and well in the black financially.

Now Mike (Zen) did try to buy Provape and had investors looking at it but ultimately the very reasons Provape closed is why he couldn't get backers to help buy it. He even tried to convince them to keep it open and only sell overseas but they wouldn't go for it. I believe the quote was "why have an American company if you can't sell in America"

There's a Busardo vid as well as a plumes of hazard episode where Mike talks about it if you want to know more. Mike has said several times he owes a lot of his success to provape for helping expand his market.

I am so heart broken that they closed shop, could you provide the link to busardo's video talking about it. just so sad, and it was a good american company!!

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    Pro Vape is a fascinating story, although still a little bit of a mystery. I get that the influx of low cost, reliable Chinese product hurt them. I don’t fully understand their position that the FDA put them out of business.
    I’m sure the boom of cloud chasing in 2015-2016 didn’t help.
    Hard to fathom that an article in April of 2016 touted them as on top of the market, and shortly after they were gone.
    Were there other factors involved? Would the seeming resurgence of tootle puffing in 2017 have saved them if they stuck it out? Was the cost just too much for the market?
    Interesting subject.

Imo they couldn't keep up with the evolution of vaping. Evolv said 40 watts was enough they soon figured out that consumers wanted more power. Provape never made one high power mod and they got into temp control way too late. They're just wasn't enough people out there that were willing to pay $200 for a 40 watt mod when you can get a 200 watt mod with temp control. It's easy to blame the FDA but considering Evolv is still pumping out boards and updating Escribe it's not that.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains

Amen, felt the same way except that I still use a spinner when we travel and find it quite adequate. Switch back to my 2.5s the instant I get home though. :)

I still use 3 ohm Boge carto tanks.
    P1000891_zpstzwl1xdr.jpg

Bought that "J-tank" in 2011, and still use it every day.

And I thought I was so original flipping my used batteries in the box. :lol: (Don't know how else you'd keep track of them though.)

I am so heart broken that they closed shop, could you provide the link to busardo's video talking about it. just so sad, and it was a good american company!!

Part 1

Part 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread