Are Provari's too Safe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasanova

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2014
Wiggles, NJ
Well are they? I recently purchased an Efest Luc 4 bay charger, and when my batteries went "Empty" on my Provari v2.5 and P3 I went ahead and popped them onto the charger. The charger indicated that the batteries are at 3.7-3.8v, which means that they are at about 60-70% charged. If the batteries were actually empty, they would show 3.2-3.3v as other batteries indicate when empty on my other mods(Sigelei 150w, Sigelei 50w VR2, IPV Mini V2, Etc...) Is there a flaw with my Provaris or is Provape just playing it too safe with us? If Provape is playing it safe, I see no point in cutting off the power at 3.7-3.8v since the P3 is just a 20w device that only goes down to .7 ohms and the v2.5 only a 15w that goes down to about .9 ohms.

I have tested the batteries on 4 other Luc 4 chargers, not just mine.

Thank you

Edit: I've read the P3 indicator battery life Thread, but they just are speaking about the menu indicator. I need to know why a $200+ device cuts off my batteries at 3.7vish? If I would have known this from the beginning, I would have never invested in a company that thinks their customers are ......ed. And yes, I am beyond agitated!!!! I want my money back Provape!!!!!

Last edited:

Kasanova

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2014
Wiggles, NJ
I don't get it, it's robbing you from a lot more use out of it. I think Provape and AW have an agreement, make a $200+ device that requires the user to buy multiple AW batteries that goes "Empty" around 3.5v'ish. In this case, Provape and AW are making money off us. I use my Sigelei 50w VR2 at 40w and my one battery(LG HE4) on that device last from 8am to about 3pm. I use the P3 at 15w on a 1.3 ohms atomizer and I barely get to lunch time with the same battery before it displays "Empty", but the thing is, its like that with my other batteries I use with the P3 including the AW's.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Battery expense is not my problem. My problem, is why build such a beautiful device that only utilizes 40-50% of a fully charged battery before it displays "empty". If the Provari's are so technologically advanced, why not let me use my battery until it hits 3.2-3.3v?

Relieve your pain by selling it in the classifieds.

Reactions: coldgin96

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
It is not telling you that that your battery is dead. I is telling you that it doesn't have euff charge to fire it at the amps and wattage you are using. Try lowering the watts by a couple and your battery % will go up. I have found that if I have my Mini-sub running the 1.5 OCC at 16 watts and drop the watts to 10 my % go up.

1.5 coil 16 watts 65%, 12 w 73%, 10 w 76%
2.1 coil 6 watts 79%

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Well are they? I recently purchased an Efest Luc 4 bay charger, and when my batteries went "Empty" on my Provari v2.5 and P3 I went ahead and popped them onto the charger. The charger indicated that the batteries are at 3.7-3.8v, which means that they are at about 60-70% charged. If the batteries were actually empty, they would show 3.2-3.3v as other batteries indicate when empty on my other mods(Sigelei 150w, Sigelei 50w VR2, IPV Mini V2, Etc...) Is there a flaw with my Provaris or is Provape just playing it too safe with us? If Provape is playing it safe, I see no point in cutting off the power at 3.7-3.8v since the P3 is just a 20w device that only goes down to .7 ohms and the v2.5 only a 15w that goes down to about .9 ohms.

I have tested the batteries on 4 other Luc 4 chargers, not just mine.

Thank you

Edit: I've read the P3 indicator battery life Thread, but they just are speaking about the menu indicator. I need to know why a $200+ device cuts off my batteries at 3.7vish? If I would have known this from the beginning, I would have never invested in a company that thinks their customers are ......ed. And yes, I am beyond agitated!!!! I want my money back Provape!!!!!

Firstly, a battery charger does not a voltage meter (think Fluke) make...

Second, if you mean investing, you bought a product... You might be mistaken.

Nevertheless, Good Luck with that!!!

LOLz, Jim

PS I love my P3

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
I have three 2.5 Provaris and all three cut off at about 3.2V. The one I'm using right now is showing 3.4V.

Made me look. The 2.5 I'm vaping on at the moment is showing 3.3 V and isn't blinking yet. For me 18650's and 18500's are good till 3.2, 3.3 V. 18350's in the 2.5 mini are done (device wise) at 3.4 to 3.5 V.xx

Last edited:

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Mine start to flash at around 3.6v - 3.7v. If I run it to shutdown and remove and reinstall the cap and then run it to shutdown they are usually at 3.2v - 3.4v. I barely get a full Lemo or Kayfun tank out of a 18490 battery.

Sounds like a malfunctioning unit to me...

TFL!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Chatfield, MN, USA
Mine start to flash at around 3.6v - 3.7v. If I run it to shutdown and remove and reinstall the cap and then run it to shutdown they are usually at 3.2v - 3.4v. I barely get a full Lemo or Kayfun tank out of a 18490 battery.
My 2.5 do that also, when that happens I clean them with ever clear, threads, positive contact, spring (and stretch spring) And clean both ends of battery. Then I am good for 3 or4 battery changes.
This works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread