Are the coils for an iSmoka Mini BCC cleanable/rebuildable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I do not see much information in this forum about the iSmoka brand.

My local B&M has plenty of replacement coils for these. I like the 1.8 Ohm ones.

In looking for an online supplier I see many coils that look similar to the one in the iSmoka, but I cant be sure they are the same and will fit.

A few questions....

Is this coil cleanable? If so, can someone please post a link to the procedure.

Is it rebuildable? Seems like a pretty small device to rebuild.

Are coils under a different brand name compatible in my iSmoka?

Any advice would be appreciated.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I do NOT have an iSmoka mini BCC but I looked at the picture for the replacement head and it looks very similar to a standard EVOD head. So it >SHOULD< be cleanable and rebuildable.

Here are some cleaning instructions that I put together for the EVOD heads.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-great-but-how-do-i-clean-2.html#post10502114

Thanks Scott!

Wow, after reading what you go through to clean those tiny atomizers, I think I am ok with just spending $2.50 to replace em :)

Thanks again.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Yes, but not easy

Similar to a kanger rebuild...but the little stem piece is press fit in the base...

I pulled my Totally Wicked Tornado RCS coils apart (which are EXACTLY like the BCC Mega and Mini tank coils)

You have to gently pry off the stem, use a pair of needle nose (or external snap ring pliers) to gently bend out the collar slightly where the stem is fit to...rebuild coil, put back on stem then use a pair of pliers to recrimp the stem collar down (or if you are good enough don't stretch the stem collar but tap the stem back in... [or try sliding collar in tank air tube, then putting the base in the bottom aligning everything up and gently screwing it back in to reseat?? gotta be careful with plastic threads...too much torque and they might strip out])

BCC type coils (no threads)
tornado_atomizers-(page-picture-large).jpg

Kanger type coils (threads)
bottomcoil.jpg

Tons of vids on how to rebuild a kanger
http://www.google.com/#q=rebuild+kanger+heads

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Thanks Scott!

Wow, after reading what you go through to clean those tiny atomizers, I think I am ok with just spending $2.50 to replace em :)

Thanks again.

No problem. Really though I made the instructions detailed so it looks like a lot, but other than the soak time it's only about 5 min of effort once you get it down. You can also rotate a few heads and just clean them all at the same time to save a bit on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread