Are there any current generation atomizers that run well at 8-10 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
USA
Hello everybody. I have been using the SmokTech Micro ADC-II M-Core 2.5 ohm atomizers for about 1.5 years now. The vapor production is excellent at around 8 watts, which means my batteries last forever.

After finding out that the hardware I have been using is now out of production, I am looking for any currently produced atomizers that are designed to be run at a similarly low wattage. It seems sub-ohming is the current rage and I can't disagree with the awesome clouds, but the amount of juice (both eliquid and electric current) required to run such equipment means I am refilling tanks and swapping batteries about 5 times as frequently as I was with my old M-Core 2.5ohm attys. And that's not to mention that I still have about 30 bottles of 6-12mg/ml eliquid sitting around, and it's too strong for me to use in the new sub-ohm tanks, because anything over 3mg/ml is too strong for me in those tanks.

I am perfectly happy with my old low-powered equipment, and because I am running low on replacement atomizers I have a limited timeframe to discover a suitable replacement. Does anyone know of any new equipment that will produce reasonable clouds at 8-10 watts?

Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

Last edited:
Reactions: Foggy Road

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I fear I must always sound like a Sales Rep for them - but the Nautilus Mini, to me, does a grand job with its 1.8 ohm coils at between 8-10 watts and produces adequate vapour - but everyone has their own ideas on this last point.

Good luck in your research!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Happy to see that there is actually someone else on the planet who appreciates the efficiency of lower power gear.

You seem like a 'plug and play' type person as far as your atomizers? Not into rebuilding coils? So as much as I love my Evods I can't recommend them for you.

Have you looked into the GS-Air line of tanks? Very popular here and use a Vertical coil that I really liked back before I moved on to modified Evods.

Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    As long as coils are available, who cares if a tank is "obsolete"? You might also look and see if that tank has been cloned. EVODs may well be around forever (5-6W). Kanger dual coil also sounds similar, although might want a tad more power. The GS Air stuff is considered good, although most have the mechanically inferior 510 connector (OK if both sides are steel though). Aspire BDC tanks are also still available, or at least the BVC versions. They're a little smaller and lower power than the Nautilus. They also just came out with the K2 for mouth to lung. Another new tank is Innokin's Endura T18, 14 watt top coil.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone have experience with the new GS Air 2 model? Is it as good? The Eleaf website does not list specifications for the GS Air 2. I fear that an investment in the GS Air (no 2) may be unwise since it seems a successor model is now available.

I haven't used the GS Air 2, but I have used the GS Air M (19mm), GS Air MS (19mm Short Version), and GS-Tank (22mm). They are ALL Very Nice Tanks for people who use Lower Wattage. And the Coil Heads are All Interchangeable.

That appears to be True for the GS Air 2 Coil Heads also.

Eleaf GS Air 2 Coils Organic Cotton

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2010
    USA
    As long as coils are available, who cares if a tank is "obsolete"?

Lack of available replacement coils is exactly my concern.

Is there a performance difference between the Nautilus and the Nautilus Mini, or does one just have a larger tank? It looks like the BDC and BVC replacement atomizers are interchangeable between the two devices.

I'm probably going to pick up one of the Nautilus models and one of the GS Air models and try each out. The larger the tank, the better. Less refilling that way.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    I have both the Mini and the Full Size Nautiluses. The air control on the Full Size does offer more of a draw and the larger model does produce more vapour. On the other hand the Mini's air control is easier to get a grip of to operate.

Before buying the Full Size it can be worth checking the vacuum and seals are OK ( even if it's an authentic) I bought mine from the local B&M thankfully - filled it vaped it and it appeared just fine. Left it while I had my tea, came back, fired it up and got a mouthful of e liquid - it had taken to leaking through the air holes and had flooded though the coil was fine. Took it back the next day and the shop manager and I worked it over - the top unit was not making a full seal and even with the air control closed vacuum was incomplete.

Shop tried a few others and they were the same. Problem solved when they gave me the one with the lattice work over the cage. This could have been a bad batch as the problem was that the top unit would not seal properly.

The Full size uses the same coils as the Mini.

I have four Minis and one full size BTW.

P-Funk

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2010
    USA
    Just thought I would close the thread with an update: I went safe and basic and purchased both the Nautilus Mini and the GS AIR. Both performed admirably at 8-10 watts.

I have chosen the Nautilus Mini, and I will be buying several more, chiefly because as someone pointed out above, the model is extremely popular and the coils will likely be around for a long time to come.

Thanks again to everyone who offered their experiences and advice above!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just thought I would close the thread with an update: I went safe and basic and purchased both the Nautilus Mini and the GS AIR. Both performed admirably at 8-10 watts.

I have chosen the Nautilus Mini, and I will be buying several more, chiefly because as someone pointed out above, the model is extremely popular and the coils will likely be around for a long time to come.

Thanks again to everyone who offered their experiences and advice above!

Nice to hear that you found some more Current hardware that you like.

The Nautilus Mini is a Nice Tank.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I fear I must always sound like a Sales Rep for them - but the Nautilus Mini, to me, does a grand job with its 1.8 ohm coils at between 8-10 watts and produces adequate vapour - but everyone has their own ideas on this last point.

Good luck in your research!

I have to second Falconeer's recommendation for the Nautilus Mini. I personally run it at 12 to 12.5 Watts depending on the e-Liquid I have in each tank but still produces a good cloud. They also have lower Ohm or resistance BVC Atomizers for the tank.

GusG

Mar 29, 2016
    I have tried both the Nautilus Mini and the GS Air V1 and V2. The Nautilus Mini is truly the best non-rebuildable low power atomizer I have tried and after years it still vapes great. The local vape shop in my area has the GS Air's as testers and they are also a good option but they feel cheaper in comparison to the Nautilus and the vape shop that I mentioned has had many leaking and flooding issues with that particular model.

I would definetely reccomend the Nautilus Mini for a low power vape since it is a reliable, and durable atomizer.

GusG

Mar 29, 2016
    They have a re-buildable deck for the Nautilus just need to be able to work with small form factor. I have found mixed reviews everywhere.

Never heard of an RBA base for the Nautilus. This is news for me haha. I just searched for that RBA and it seems to be a lot like the RBA base for the ego one's where the space is reaally reduced.

I'm now actually looking forward to purchasing an RBA base for the Nautilus, should be interesting to build on that atomizer.

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    1451470272650579499.jpg

Reactions: edyle

SteveS45

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I was going to get one so I could use it sort of like a dripper for DIY. I do not want a totally different tank or dripper that could affect the taste, compared to my daily atty. But I will not really be messing with too many flavors so for now I have a box of Nautilus Atomizers.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    I placed an "ad" on "Reddit"in their E cig forum which said i was looking for a few Nautilus full size or Mini's and someone sent me three full size Nautiluses with the spare (fancy) metal tanks and a bunch of coils for $14.00 .

Lots of people have Nautilus tanks that they don't use anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread