Are there any rebuildable atomizers or tanks for this new type of nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’d like to try the newer form of nicotine but how long do the atomizers last and is there any rebuildable and rewickable types of atomizers for them?
    How is the flavor of this new type of salt nicotine?Are liquids still mainly sweet or is there any vg or pg in them?
    I can’t find much info on pods except marketing hype.

Wworrells

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2016
    The salt nic is good and this is for the pod style or well low wattage mtl unless you can handle high nic level in a sub ohm. I just got a bottle to try from levelup vapor. Coffeecake flavor the flavor is great using it in my vapeonly malle. Its the cigalike low wattage that fire when you take a draw. If the juice was not 24mg i would drop it in a subohm and really enjoy the flavor and clouds.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Tapatalk

Wworrells

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2016
    I got mine in a 80 vg 20 pg i think. Doesnt seem to be very sweet. Also it would depend on if the company added a sweetener to the juice or not and the flavor. I am not real sure since this is the first bottle of salt nic i have tried. I got one so i could have the higher nic on stressful days in a lower wattge device and to see what salt nic was.

Wworrells

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2016
    They can be used in just about any tank or device. Just a matter of the MG of nicotine as to what you want to use it in. If used in Subohm most stick with 3 mg or 6 mg.
    I was looking for a 3mg but didnt find it on three different sites. But i may thin this bottle dwn so can be used in a sub tank.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I haven't used commercial nicsalts but I do use them for DIY. You can use them sub0hm at a low enough nic percentage, or higher for MTL devices. I mainly got them for the LACK of throat hit, they are smoother which was something I was looking for when I got here due to the state of my throat. Some podmakers like Juul use them at very high percentages, as it's easier to get a very high nic level without the harshness. They are reportedly more quickly bioavailable just like cigarettes but to be honest, I haven't noticed a huge difference there. The nic comes in VG or PG just like regular nic. It's looking like they are more widely available and Mike P. told me that they can be made via different processes, so I don't know if Juul has some Nic salt thing going on that's proprietary? However, in terms of vaping them or DIY you use them just like any other nic, and I don't use any MORE of them than I do regular e-juice, so I'm not worried about it. Some folks use them to get to a higher nic percentage without the harshness.

I buy mine from Nicotine River, I've been happy with how they are so far.

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I ordered nic salts from Liquid Barn today. I haven't tried them, want to try them for smoother th as well. I sub ohm 9mg and will be mixing 70vg juices. The nic salts do not sweeten your juice, if you order vg base nic it is the vg that sweetens the juice.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I didnt know nicotine salts were "new". Ive been ordering it for a year from Nude Nicotine... and they were selling it long before that.

Is there something new about it? I dont think so.

Its nicotine, just processed to make it smoother, or give you more throat hit, or, or, or.. depending upon the processing.

I like the smooth personally.. but its still just nicotine. And very much not new unless we are thinking the last couple years to be new, which in the world of vaping isn't that new at all.

Anyway, I DIY with it and like it, because I don't like throat hit. I don't know anything about buying it in premade juice though, as Ive never purchased it that way.

In general you can use a higher nicotine level when using the smooth nicotine salts because it lessens the irritating throat hit.

its good nicotine, if that is your question. When added to pg, vg, and flavorings (aka e juice) you can put it in any kind of tank you like.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thanks for replies,I might give salts a try after I get a 21700 mod.
    I think my Doggystyle RTA might work good with salts.Its great MTL RTA.Its unique the way it wicks from cotton,almost like a RDTA.

Hello. I think you are misunderstanding the term "smooth". Smooth refers to throat hit, not the way it wicks. It doesn't wick any differently than freebase nicotine.

Nude Nicotine creates Nicotine Salts formulas so you might like to read their explanation of it.

Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine

"Nicotine Salt formulations are designed around harnessing the differing properties of nicotine inhalation character."

(they go into much further explanation at the link, but the first sentence is most important to understand)

So as you can see, the wicking properties of your tank will not be affected by the nicotine salts. Nicotine salts is PH adjusted, basically, which offers a benefit on the inhale, but that is all.

If you don't need or aren't interested in the inhalation properties of salts versus freebase nicotine, then your wasting your money buying salts - as they ARE more expensive than freebase.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I read they can be used in some of the older Kayfun tanks but the fact they use pg or vg means they’ll still be overly sweet.

ALL ejuice is made up of vg, pg, nicotine, and flavorings (and/or sweeteners which is in the flavoring category). These are the main components in e juice no matter where you get it from.

Nicotine in its pure form is deadly. So, it is suspended in (mixed with) either pg or vg prior to sale, so that its safer to handle.

Then, the company who makes your e juice cuts the nicotine further by mixing it with more vg or pg (or both) and add flavorings as well, creating the e juice you purchase which then has a 'safe for vaping' level of nicotine.

how sweet an juice is has less to do with your vg, and more to do with what an e juice company (or DIY enthusiast) adds to it by way of flavorings and sweeteners. While VG has some sweetness to it, the added sweeteners are more the culprit of overly sweet commercial e juice than vg ever will be.

As a consumer of commercially made e juice, you simply need to look for companies that don't add an excess of flavorings and sweeteners to your e juice, if you want to avoid overly sweet.

For an example: my husbands tobacco flavored e juice isn't sweet compared to my cinnamon roll e juice. The difference isn't in the amount of vg, as we both use the same amount, but rather, the difference in sweetness has to do with the flavorings and sweeteners I ADD to the base vg/nicotine solution. That said, would his tobacco flavored e juice likely be even less sweet if I were to use more pg in his e juice? Yes, it is possible, but the difference is also likely to be unable to be noticed in such small quantities because flavorings and sweeteners have more influence in how e juice tastes. I could make you some 100% vg e juice that you would swear had not an ounce of sweetness in it, for example, simply due to what flavorings i could add.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread