Are there calories in e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG!

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Water has zero calories so it can't make you gain weight. Drinking more water will actually help you lose weight because it flushes your system and makes you feel fuller so you won't eat as much.

I've been drinking about four times as much water as I did before I started vaping and have dropped 12 pounds in three months. Perhaps the sweet vapes at night are curbing my sweet tooth? I dunno, but it's working. LOL

J. Randy

Apr 18, 2011
Tucson, AZ
It's a bit early for me to be sure (only been vaping for two weeks today), but to add some more anecdata, I think in my case it seems like vaping will lose me some weight. Much too much of my usual calories comes from a hardcore Dr Pepper fixation. But, since I've been vaping (especially inside where I couldn't smoke before), it seems like I don't have the urge to drink Dr Pepper anywhere near as often, and when I do, I'm much more willing to settle for the Diet Dr P rather than the real thing. I'm supposing that the sweet sweet e-juices are satisfying my sweet tooth, and/or it's just that urge to be doing something like that hand-to-mouth thing. Of course, this is dropping my liquid intake big time, which I guess I should start compensating for.

Now, just waiting to find some Dr Pepper-flavoured e-juice....

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Water has zero calories so it can't make you gain weight. Drinking more water will actually help you lose weight because it flushes your system and makes you feel fuller so you won't eat as much.

I've been drinking about four times as much water as I did before I started vaping and have dropped 12 pounds in three months. Perhaps the sweet vapes at night are curbing my sweet tooth? I dunno, but it's working. LOL

I was waiting to see someone say this... drinking more water actually REDUCES water retention. If you do not drink enough water your body goes into a conservation mode, where it retains as much as possible for future use. This was great when were were hunter gatherers and finding a source of water was not a frequent occurrence, but now we always have it available so let your body know that! Same goes for food actually, eating smaller and more regularly (without changing amount or type of food) will lead to weight loss (to a point, before it balances out again and you need to increase activity or decrease in take). My weight had plateaued for a while, changing how often and when I eat (while still eating the same amount of junk I liked, just spaced out) increased metabolism and "showed my body that it didn't need to store fat, food is always available."

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
I was waiting to see someone say this... drinking more water actually REDUCES water retention. If you do not drink enough water your body goes into a conservation mode, where it retains as much as possible for future use. This was great when were were hunter gatherers and finding a source of water was not a frequent occurrence, but now we always have it available so let your body know that! Same goes for food actually, eating smaller and more regularly (without changing amount or type of food) will lead to weight loss (to a point, before it balances out again and you need to increase activity or decrease in take). My weight had plateaued for a while, changing how often and when I eat (while still eating the same amount of junk I liked, just spaced out) increased metabolism and "showed my body that it didn't need to store fat, food is always available."

This is so true! Every time I was pregnant I NEVER had the swollen ankles bit, or anything like that. I was drinking so much water that it was unbelieveable. So what Valascar is saying is 100% true.
Drink your water, and stay hydrated guys. Also.... and this is really going to possibly make me sound like a nut. Avoid the High Fructose Corn Syrup. Your body doesnt digest it as well as sugar, and tends to store it away. Also.... Zero/Low calorie stuff isnt good either. It tells your body that you are actually starving it, so anything you eat after say.... drinking a diet soda.... will also make your body store it away.
If at all try to avoid the sodas. Do Vitamin water instead :D

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
sorry didnt catch the humor...lol Im a blonde, so I hope I get a hallpass! ;)

Hey hey none of that! LOL Can't go making statements like that. I am blond and I have a 160 IQ blond=dumb/stupid etc is a nasty stereotype that we, as blondes need to try to put an end to. No sense in perpetuating the negative stereotype IMO

~Kitty

asti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
TX. USA
Both PG and VG have been used for treatment of ketosis in cattle, goats, sheep, etc.
The treatment of, not prevention....a study in 2009 uses 162.50 g/per cow/per day ...whats your base blend level at?

Although, I would like to use this excuse seeing as my weight has increased since I started vaping - it couldn't be Im just a lazy ... and need to get up and move around some... :D

Last edited:

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Yeah- won't be the calories in the vapor. I wouldn't think that you absorb calories you inhale, though I suppose that you could get a tiny bit from the juice that condenses in your mouth. But remember, if you're a heavy vapor, you could vape 4-6 ml a day. Most days I get through 2-3, and that includes what I spill and wipe off my fingers when filling carts.

Even if it's pure calories, even if you absorbed them all, there's just not enough there. 3 ml is nothing. (But don't drink it! Nicotine is still nicotine...)

I'm betting on water retention, though reduce metabolism due to nicotine reduction is possible.

Personally, I'm finding that I eat a bit less since I've been vaping...

Best,
Ande

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
Kitty,
well aint you the lucky one ? brains and a mighty fine look about you too.

If you can cook real good i'm coming to get you......LOL

Well yes I CAN cook lol I have never cooked a meal that was bad and I have won some local awards for my cooking and baking (My baked goods are to die for) I wanna get into DIY and maybe start a juice biz ^.~

~Kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread