Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I live in the middle of a California desert...... The ground here is phenomenally hard in most places, and pure sand where it's soft. Luckily I don't have to buy growing soil. Even this ground can be good for growing after much back breaking work, and mixing with horse manure, of which I have plenty :p
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

What part of the desert USMC? We are in the Kern River Valley out towards Ridgecrest. We are about 3,000 feet above sea level with 7 to 8K foot peaks around us but it is desert as the native vegetation is Joshua trees and sagebrush here. The soil is mostly like DG (decomposed granite) though some parts are washed sand so it is either so soft you will get stuck or will pack so hard you cant get a pick into it unless you wet it first.

Same with this soil on the organic material Andria, your clay soil is just swung the other direction from us. OM is the great balancer to brings either towards the happy medium hence all of the pony poop. I got lucky that The Offspring happened to talk to someone who had a need to remove a lot of it from their property so I have been hauling all I can because sitting in a pile it just keeps getting better.

Nice to see so many folks into their soil regardless of what challenges it may be. Wasnt too sure how well a manure post would go over here but then I suppose mine wasnt the first :/

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
What part of the desert USMC? We are in the Kern River Valley out towards Ridgecrest. We are about 3,000 feet above sea level with 7 to 8K foot peaks around us but it is desert as the native vegetation is Joshua trees and sagebrush here. The soil is mostly like DG (decomposed granite) though some parts are washed sand so it is either so soft you will get stuck or will pack so hard you cant get a pick into it unless you wet it first.

:/
You are only 1 hour 55 minutes north of me :p
I'm about 20 minutes west of Victorville. Same basic desert, same basic climate (I'm even close to same elevation, at 3100 feet).

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
At 109 Now. Here's some tootlepuffin emoticons for us:
87c93fbe-36a5-404a-ac80-1a5a12c59b99_zpstlznum9j.jpg
0b4e118f-6b95-473b-989e-87214968e90e_zpsiqjktson.jpg
4421141c-0cee-4d4c-b86e-9e9c5d5cda0a_zpsd3jownre.jpg
stock-photo-illustration-of-a-puffe.jpg

NICE ! ! ! :thumbs:

Wonder If I could add this one
87c93fbe-36a5-404a-ac80-1a5a12c59b99_zpstlznum9j.jpg
to "MY' Signature Line without having to remove anything ? ? ?

(Also - Wonder if someone from Administration or a Moderator is around . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Hello Tootles!

Sorry, I've had such a spell of absence, but an ECF situation took quite the toll on me emotionally.

I'm thrilled to see you guys are still having so much fun Tootle Puffin your way thru manure, rock hard soil, and debates on the attributes of high end mods.

I also believe that it might just be time for this thread to go in another direction. More on that later. ;)

@chilicat, the Provari (affectionately known by me as the Provi) is one hell of a device. I think you would not be disappointed in it, be it a V1, V2, V2.5, or a P3. There are a bazillion Provi threads here and you'll undoubtedly find all the info you desire. Yes, you can most assuredly use your aero tanks and Nauti Minis on a Provi. @Pinggolfer ..... point the way?

petrotech, we don't have membership cards, but I still have a coupla wrist bands....... :facepalm:

OK so can anyone give me a list of 1 to 3, or 1 to 5, of their favorite RDAs / RTAs for tootle puffers please? Max flavor, no big clouds needed, absolutely no lung hits just M2L.

Sir rolygate, what an honour for you to drop by. This is now a celeb thread. I do hope you felt sufficiently answered on the RDAs/RTAs.

Tootle Puffers are the future and the future is NOW!

Thank you, Robert Trippers. ;)

High end was when Hanna made a $4 atty cost $25 bucks. :lol:

Is that High End topsoil? :)

Two abstolute LOL posts right here! ^^^

We have the opposite. We live in the hills of Adelaide (not big enough to be called mountains) with a lot of trees and the soil is beautiful. What this means is that bushes become trees, weeds grow overnight and all our fruit trees are prolific. This keeps a large population of possums amused and they manage to harvest everything the day before you want to pick anything. It is as much work to keep controlled as it would be to get plants to grow in a dry environment.

But let's face it we all love our own patch of paradise.

And how is Ms. Connie, sweetie? ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hugz for you our tootle puffing leader.

How can we change your little mood symbol from depressed to something a bit brighter. Take care of yourself XX

Ps. Connie is on walkabout and we haven't seen her for a while.

I'd like to go on walkabout.

Perk up, KitKat. Things will improve. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
ON topic (short, sweet & rare): I'm locked in with Naughty tanks, Cerotank, GS Airs and Kanger Megas.

I tried the Peakomizer thingies, me no like. And the smaller versions of pretty much everything leave me wanting for more. I'm not big on filling stuff every 20 minutes. I like big tanks (and I cannot lie...).

Tootling away for yet another day.

Enjoy, all.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Morning Everyone!!

good-morning-2644.gif

Kat - hope to see you smiling and back to the Kat we love ASAP! Then all will be right in Tootle Town!

Good Morning Big Daddy 22! I echo your love of tanks that can go a hot minute without refilling - loving the GSAirM!
Have a great Tuesday everyone!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, Nan! ;)

And I believe that I might have one of those GS Air M's ready to roll my way some day soon. Might that be true, @Katdarling ? :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can pull her out of her funk. Goals are important.

One last thing; I did see all you Tootlers going on and on about the Kayfun Lite Plus V2 (did I get that in the correct order?). I've got one of those things (as @Pinggolfer knows) and was planning on offloading it. Do I need to keep it???

I looked inside and saw those tiny little screw thingies. How in THE WORLD do you Tootlers DO that stuff?

Idunno. I've got a few weeks to think about it since time won't allow me to do any gear-dumping for a spell. We'll see.

Maybe if I get some of those prebuilt-whichamacallit-thingamajigs that @The Ocelot posted once, somewhere/someway...

Gotta tootle - happy puffin', one&all. :vapor:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Thanks, Nan! ;)

And I believe that I might have one of those GS Air M's ready to roll my way some day soon. Might that be true, @Katdarling ? :rolleyes:

Hopefully we can pull her out of her funk. Goals are important.

One last thing; I did see all you Tootlers going on and on about the Kayfun Lite Plus V2 (did I get that in the correct order?). I've got one of those things (as @Pinggolfer knows) and was planning on offloading it. Do I need to keep it???

I looked inside and saw those tiny little screw thingies. How in THE WORLD do you Tootlers DO that stuff?

Idunno. I've got a few weeks to think about it since time won't allow me to do any gear-dumping for a spell. We'll see.

Maybe if I get some of those prebuilt-whichamacallit-thingamajigs that @The Ocelot posted once, somewhere/someway...

Gotta tootle - happy puffin', one&all. :vapor:

That would be good fodder for the zombie box ... just in case Hell freezes over.
    So if it was me, I'd hang on to it.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Kat.... {{{HUGGGGGZZZZZZ}}}

Dang, I go out of town for work for a couple of days (and the only time I had to surf, I couldn't get connected to ECF :grr:), and I missed the venerable Rolygate....

I don't have much in the RDA realm (o.k. I only have ONE, and it's an Atomic, so that doesn't count here.) Although, I'm REALLY digging the "itty bitty" RDAs that Blivey's sporting.... Hmmmmmm.... To buy or not to buy, that is today's question????

I have a kf lite clone and a kf ES 3.1 clone, both of which are lovely, now that I FINALLY learned how to build and wick them :unsure:

blivey

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Waycross, Georgia, United States
    Kat.... {{{HUGGGGGZZZZZZ}}}

Dang, I go out of town for work for a couple of days (and the only time I had to surf, I couldn't get connected to ECF :grr:), and I missed the venerable Rolygate....

I don't have much in the RDA realm (o.k. I only have ONE, and it's an Atomic, so that doesn't count here.) Although, I'm REALLY digging the "itty bitty" RDAs that Blivey's sporting.... Hmmmmmm.... To buy or not to buy, that is today's question????

I have a kf lite clone and a kf ES 3.1 clone, both of which are lovely, now that I FINALLY learned how to build and wick them :unsure:

Do it! You won't regret it :vapor:

Reactions: DingerCPA

TFL!

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    Chatfield, MN, USA
    OK so can anyone give me a list of 1 to 3, or 1 to 5, of their favorite RDAs / RTAs for tootle puffers please? Max flavor, no big clouds needed, absolutely no lung hits just M2L.

You can use the Kanger sub tank RDA just build it above 1.8. I am using now with a 2.2 ohm coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread