Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I love left-handers really - my dad was also left-handed :)

My mother is, and also my stepfather; my mom spent a great deal of time trying to "convert" me to a southpaw when I was first learning to pick up a crayon, according to my late grandmother, and I personally saw her doing the same with my son -- no dice in either case. :D I'm not even the SLIGHTEST bit ambidextrous, though my son is, slightly.

Being raised by 2 lefties as I was, *I* was the minority in my house, and it always kinda wigged me out that my mother, the youngest of 7 kids, was the only southpaw. But my grandfather said that his mother was.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Odd that your Mom wanted you to be a lefty.

Most lefties can tell you horror stories about people trying to convert them to righties.

Ahh... you'd have to know my mom to understand that; she always saw me as a "mini Me" and it grieved her to no end that I was a very different person, with very different ideas and values. The way I learned to mother my son was 1) Dr Spock's Baby and Child Care, and 2) figuring out whatever my mom might have done... and doing the opposite. :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My dad went to school in an era when it wasn't acceptable to be a lefty and was forced into being a rightie. As an adult he did somethings left and other things right :D

My mom and stepdad were both in that group too, though fortunately my mom had a more enlightened teacher for handwriting, so she always had a nice "hand," (before ill health and too much medicine made her shaky). My stepfather on the other hand writes with his hand crooked-round the top, giving him a very odd handwriting. But both of them are somewhat ambidextrous -- I asked them recently if either of them would benefit from left-handed scissors, since I found a place to buy them, but both of them said they had no issues with right-hand scissors. Which I can't imagine; if I try to use regular scissors in my left hand, they just don't work -- I guess they both use regular scissors in their right hands.

Andria

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Today's Puffer. Maverick ET 732. Temp Control. Has an hour counter on it
et732 003 (488x640).jpg

Can't believe I tried to hit it one time :laugh: Couldn't find the fire button
(Smokin spareribs today)

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Yes, dad always used regular scissors in his right hand. He would write with his left hand but ate right-handed (knife right, fork left). When I was 16 I broke my right thumb just before a set of mock exams and had to do them all left-handed. By the end of the 2 or 3 weeks I could write as quickly left-handed as right but I couldn't do it now :D

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015
Which I can't imagine; if I try to use regular scissors in my left hand, they just don't work -- I guess they both use regular scissors in their right hands.

Lefty here. I learned early to use the righty scissors with my right hand. When I realized my cousin's little one was a lefty, I taught her this skill as the most important one she could learn. I was the only lefty she knew and I miss her, since her mom ran off to Cali with her :(.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Yes, dad always used regular scissors in his right hand. He would write with his left hand but ate right-handed (knife right, fork left). When I was 16 I broke my right thumb just before a set of mock exams and had to do them all left-handed. By the end of the 2 or 3 weeks I could write as quickly left-handed as right but I couldn't do it now :D

I'm like that. Some things left, some things right, some things both.

Many attempts by various people to make me a righty.

Didn't take, but sure confused the Hell out of me.

My younger brother is totally ambidextrous.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Lefty here. I learned early to use the righty scissors with my right hand. When I realized my cousin's little one was a lefty, I taught her this skill as the most important one she could learn. I was the only lefty she knew and I miss her, since her mom ran off to Cali with her :(.
Lefty here, did the same thing as a kid, adapted to using everything but a pen and eating utensels right handed!
Even shoot right handed...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
WOW !!! I started using computers running DOS 3 then moved on to 3.11 and Windows '95 . . . Jumped all the way to "Millenium" and never had all the problems everyone else was having . . . AND - For over 10 years been using XP Pro on the same laptop with no problems at all (knock on wood) . . . So - Refused to instal Vista/7 after testing them on Friends computers and especially talking to a nephew-in-law who works for MS who said he wouldn't either . . . AND Now - Since having and using a tablet off and on for the past couple of years - I still am having too many problems trying to do the same things I normally would do with a computer . . . So - I don't know what I would do if anything happened to "My" computer . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)
I started on CPM. In a personal computer anyway. I was working on commercial computers back in the mid 70's. My first programming language was PURE machine code.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Just because...
4395592952.png

I just scored a Cloupor Mini 30W and a Lemo on our classifieds.

My first device capable of leaving the Tootle Zone.

Can we still be friends? :D

I do know about the reported melting Cloupors. I figured I'd gamble a dub on an otherwise well thought out setup. My first non-tube mod, as well.

Jay :headbang:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Just because...
4395592952.png

I do know about the reported melting Cloupors. I figured I'd gamble a dub on an otherwise well thought out setup. My first non-tube mod, as well.

I use a 30w iStick... at 10w. :D Just having it doesn't mean you have to use it -- I got the 30w instead of the 20w because the 20w won't step down, which just killed it for me.

It tootles excellently with a kayfun. :D :thumb:

Andria

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Today's Puffer. Maverick ET 732. Temp Control. Has an hour counter on it
View attachment 460277

Can't believe I tried to hit it one time :laugh: Couldn't find the fire button
(Smokin spareribs today)
No 510 connector?

I am looking for a TV remote MOD. A squonking one would be best it squonks every time you change channels.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Just because...
4395592952.png

Friends yes. I hear day passes are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread