Not open for further replies.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Just catching up here - Anjel - so sorry honey. All the "adults" in my family are gone now, too. Kinda sucks because I have no one from whom I can get "life advice".... I guess I get to make it up for myself now :)

Peace and blessings to you and your family...

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
Anjel, my condolences on your loss, sending wishes of peace and healing to you and your family.
sad_huggy.gif

ArgusMcJohnsten

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2015
  • Squape Reloaded is stupid easy to build, but if you get a clone, it could be a challenge to get it up and running.
  • Taifun GT-V2 is one that's been recommended to me over and over again (been holding out cuz all my mods are 22mm).
  • Out of the old KFs, I hear v3.1 had the best airflow. KFL+ V2 had that adjustable airflow screw thing at the bottom (some people leave the screw off for extra air, I have mine pretty tight). Dunno about V4, but not willing to get an atty that has 40 parts to find out. :eek: [emoji23]
  • I'm about to receive a Tobeco Aqua V2 tomorrow. It can take single coil builds, but it's natively a dual coil atty, just like the Orchid, which also has good airflow. With these two, just a matter of plugging one of the airholes and a couple of the wick channels (or you can do split wicks).
Been loving my taifun gt 2. Lots of room to build, no leaks, easy to adjust airflow, easy enough to fill, supposed to have juice control, but even tightened all the way, have had zero dry hits even on 100% VG.

I have a Kayfun lite, whichever has the side adjust airflow. Feels smaller to build on, wicking is a little finicky for me, airflow adjust needing a screwdriver makes it inconvenient, whistling becomes annoying, bottom fill is a pain.

Since they're about the same price on fasttech, I would recommend the taifun gt2 over a Kayfun every time.

I just got a lemo 2, but haven't messed with it yet, waiting until I finish my tgt2 tank.

ArgusMcJohnsten

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2015
For those of you who were wondering about liberty-flights sale and their juices, I got an email today.

The ZMAX's are all sold out at this time. For $5 each, they went fast!

All our e-liquids are blended at approx. 70/30. If you want a PG heavy
blend, simply order the PG formula.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
And I believe many will go to TC for the juice savings. I believe it uses juice much more efficiently:2c:
Maybe tanks will start coming out with an efficiency rating Watts per ml or something.
Then the mandatory efficiency ratings kick in....

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
People grow into Tootle Puffing.

Just found this out today. I'm only into my 9th day vaping to quit the nasties. I've been chain vaping on my eGrips the entire time at around 12 to 14 watts. My woodie Egrip was my first purchase because I knew the first time I hit it that it had the kickin TH to defeat the analogs. Next day I realized I could need a backup so went and put together my tootle, have to admit tho that when I got it home I was pretty disappointed with it and went out the next day for my 2nd eGrip. Now... wind the the clock forward to last night and I discovered that I have COOKED the roof of my mouth. Hmmmmm. now what.... Of course I turned down the wattage on the eGrips. Got up this morning and started with some soft sweet watermelon rancher juice and decided I should give the eGrips a break and try to get by with my tootle today. Been out and about all day hangin out and watchin everyone pulling out their nasties and realizing I could easily bum one if I wanted but I didn't want. Tootle kept me calm and I worked with it all day learning to get a decent hit and I've quickly become quite fond of it. I was happy to get home and hit on some huskier espresso juice tho. watermelon was gettin a little lame.
Today was my first day out of the house since last Sunday. Truck was in the body shop...someone backed into it so I was outta work. I wasn't "worried" but was wondering if I would buy a pack or bum a couple... didn't happen... no struggle.... just meh don't want one.... Tootle served me well, got him charging right now. Mouth will heal I'm sure. 59 hours analog free!

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Just found this out today. I'm only into my 9th day vaping to quit the nasties. I've been chain vaping on my eGrips the entire time at around 12 to 14 watts. My woodie Egrip was my first purchase because I knew the first time I hit it that it had the kickin TH to defeat the analogs. Next day I realized I could need a backup so went and put together my tootle, have to admit tho that when I got it home I was pretty disappointed with it and went out the next day for my 2nd eGrip. Now... wind the the clock forward to last night and I discovered that I have COOKED the roof of my mouth. Hmmmmm. now what.... Of course I turned down the wattage on the eGrips. Got up this morning and started with some soft sweet watermelon rancher juice and decided I should give the eGrips a break and try to get by with my tootle today. Been out and about all day hangin out and watchin everyone pulling out their nasties and realizing I could easily bum one if I wanted but I didn't want. Tootle kept me calm and I worked with it all day learning to get a decent hit and I've quickly become quite fond of it. I was happy to get home and hit on some huskier espresso juice tho. watermelon was gettin a little lame.
Today was my first day out of the house since last Sunday. Truck was in the body shop...someone backed into it so I was outta work. I wasn't "worried" but was wondering if I would buy a pack or bum a couple... didn't happen... no struggle.... just meh don't want one.... Tootle served me well, got him charging right now. Mouth will heal I'm sure. 59 hours analog free!

12 to 14 watts really isn't *excessive* or anything... what PG/VG ratio are you using? When I used 90% PG for a week, it burned my throat, sinuses, nasal passages -- you might be more sensitive to even less PG, as a lot of folks seem to be.

Andria

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
12 to 14 watts really isn't *excessive* or anything... what PG/VG ratio are you using? When I used 90% PG for a week, it burned my throat, sinuses, nasal passages -- you might be more sensitive to even less PG, as a lot of folks seem to be.
Pretty sure it's 50/50 VG/PG. I think I just literally burned the back of my mouth. Dead white skin with brown spots just hanging there. Nuthin major. Just been sitting in front of the puter all day for best part of a week now scouring these forums and youtube with PV in my mouth huffin and puffin away almost constantly. Just need to start lightening up on it a bit I suppose.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Pretty sure it's 50/50 VG/PG. I think I just literally burned the back of my mouth. Dead white skin with brown spots just hanging there. Nuthin major. Just been sitting in front of the puter all day for best part of a week now scouring these forums and youtube with PV in my mouth huffin and puffin away almost constantly. Just need to start lightening up on it a bit I suppose.
What is your tootle puffer rig?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
anjel, sincere condolences on your loss, hon. :(

My dear Tootle Kween,
Please do not take any offense at the comment regarding the nautilus mini. After half a pack of bad coils and a tank that would not unscrew half the time, my patience for this atty had worn very thin. I stopped into a local B&M on the way home one night and picked up the Heatvape Kayfun 3.1 ES. So I took it home and watched a few product reviews and build videos. I gave it a good cleaning, a build, filled the tank with the same juice that was in my mini and vaped it. Well I never looked back, it was a night and day difference from the eVod's and nautilus. The rest is history and many tankfuls of juice.

I don't have a problem with anyone else enjoying the nautilus line of products. If it works for you and you love it, then that is great and all that matters. I didn't share the same experience, buying a $15 pack of coils to find only 2 usable was really what cheesed me off in the end.

My apologies if I have offended any nautilus users in this thread, that was not my intention.

View attachment 467740

My TrollMeister! My apologies (for having an insanely hard to type sense of humour, or senseless even). You know I lub ya and really was mostly joking. In fact one of my Nauti tanks is being QUITE Naughty and I'm not pleased with it at all. As I told a few here, I plan to file it under "G", for garbage, once my new ones arrive. They arrived today, so anybody up for a trash toss? Ready? Aim! TRASH!!!!!!!!!

Not one tiny little droplet of offense taken whatsoever, my dear Troller. After your experience, I'd be Kayfun shopping too! Enjoy it.

Vaping makes the world go round, world go round, world go roundddddddddddddddd.

I also tried a kayfun (KFL+) immediately after discovering that I ABSOLUTELY HATED the nautilus (old style full-size in my case). And also experienced never once looking back (or even wanting to!) to doing the replacement-coil shuffle. Why pay for something you can do for yourself, and better, and not have to wait on those infuriating USPS slowpokes?

To me it felt a bit like learning that I could cook something FAR better than a restaurant... so why subject yourself to outrageous prices and outrageous wait-times? Sure, convenience can be a great thing... but it's certainly not the ONLY thing, nor even the MOST IMPORTANT thing.

Andria

Welp, it's understandable, Andria, but in my case I can NOT make it better, nor do I have the desire. :) As far as restaurants go, I simply adore the luxury of the experience, and often they DO chef much better than I. (altho I can make a mean mocha semi freddo!) :D

Super huge big ole massive congratulations, Claude! 9 days of victory!!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I can't see how you could literally burn your mouth vaping. The brown spots could be related to nicotine or the juice but the dead white skin don't sound good. Good to hear you quit the cigs so quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread