Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Yeah... I won't argue with the half-witted, or engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. I don't know that high-powered ultrasonics would pose any danger, but I also don't know if *anyone* knows... Considering the impact of subsonics on the brain, I think it worth looking into, and as you pointed out, using something on a regular basis, that near one's brain, could make the impact far greater.

Very wise, Andria. And, if you care, I wrote up a 60-page dissertation on electromagnetic fields and their effects on the human body several years ago (it is peer reviewed) and I will make it available to anyone here who cares to read it. I wrote it in language that anyone should be able to understand (no math, Andria, so you won't get a migraine). Within this document is a full spectrum chart that shows where everything is and their frequencies (sound, light, gamma rays, the whole ball of wax). If anyone wants this, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a .PDF file.

AllElseFailed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2015
Champaign, IL
Had to pop back in to say...I think this one is bad...

Don't know if you can see it, but the wicks are black and look thick. Ok, gotta get to bed. Will check in in the a.m.!

Attachments

• IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 35

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
If you can get past the horrible logo, the MINI Mad Hatter is kinda neat. Flip top, so you won't have to keep removing the top cap and readjusting your air, and bottom air flow, so flavor should be good. Then if you decide to keep dripping, it has a pretty decent drip well.

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Had to pop back in to say...I think this one is bad...

Don't know if you can see it, but the wicks are black and look thick. Ok, gotta get to bed. Will check in in the a.m.!
Yeah that looks pretty bad. Put it back on the base, put the base on the batt (turned off), then wiggle that top stem off (you can go all dentist on it and yank it out with pliers, but this is easier). That'll expose the coil, and you'll be able to see the hardened black crud all around the coil.
Some flavors just plain burn up in those things too. I couldn't vape White Chocolate until I switched to RBAs. But that's something you would notice right away, so if it's been awhile and it's been OK the whole time, it's probably just crud.

Last edited:

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA
I'm not sure either but when I was getting my first hardware the other day, there was a gal who was having trouble and the shop lady told her that when she isn't getting anything or when it tastes burnt, then it's time for a new coil. But that was only 3 days ago and mine still tastes the same so it will be interesting to experience whatever changes take place...

And I totally forgot that she said if you take the atomizer out and the white o-rings are brown, then it's time for a new one. Basically, anytime you have cause to check it and the o-rings are brown, then put a new one in. Or something like that. Does that sound right? Of course, if you're taking it apart and looking at it, then something's probably going on, assuming it isn't merely curiosity to see what it looks like.

I think she meant it sort of like if your car won't start, before you take it apart, check to make sure you're not merely out of gas. Like, if there's any kind of problem and those o-rings are discolored, then put a new one in. Or, change it whether they're discolored or not, right? Because the one you have might just be bad.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Very wise, Andria. And, if you care, I wrote up a 60-page dissertation on electromagnetic fields and their effects on the human body several years ago (it is peer reviewed) and I will make it available to anyone here who cares to read it. I wrote it in language that anyone should be able to understand (no math, Andria, so you won't get a migraine). Within this document is a full spectrum chart that shows where everything is and their frequencies (sound, light, gamma rays, the whole ball of wax). If anyone wants this, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a .PDF file.

Ok! :thumb: Sounds like very interesting reading! :)

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
If you can get past the horrible logo, the MINI Mad Hatter is kinda neat. Flip top, so you won't have to keep removing the top cap and readjusting your air, and bottom air flow, so flavor should be good. Then if you decide to keep dripping, it has a pretty decent drip well.

I saw that one, and thought it looked very interesting... but that very unfortunate graphic on it... :facepalm:

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
The more I think about it the funnier it is. Here I was, thinking it was going to be this whole big "thang", trying various juices until I find one that I like and trying to clean up the tank for each one...lol...what a dork!
7 months later, I still have flavor ADD... And a lot of tanks. Just bought a load of prewound coils so I can redo my coils without burning a new pack all the time. It's really cheap, and really easy. I just wait for a good arthritis day, and I can do them all at once.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
7 months later, I still have flavor ADD... And a lot of tanks. Just bought a load of prewound coils so I can redo my coils without burning a new pack all the time. It's really cheap, and really easy. I just wait for a good arthritis day, and I can do them all at once.

There is definitely something for every care factor level. Blister packs, pure wound coils, straight wire to coil your self.
I am amazed at how the industry has evolved.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
There is definitely something for every care factor level. Blister packs, pure wound coils, straight wire to coil your self.
These little suckers are so helpful!

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Thanks everyone for all of the fantastic advice tonight. I feel like I have a MUCH better understanding now of A LOT of things. And will be looking for a 510 bridgeless atty!

Sorry I hijacked the thread a bit!

And good night all! Have to work in the morning!
I love my cisco bridgless it was an accident finding it but I've had it for so long. I even cleaned it a few times and is still kicking. I got it to taste test but It tasted better than my tanks at the time. So it became an everyday Thang. Love 510s they are awesome.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So, can I ask a real noob question?

How do you know when to change your coils on PT3s and T3Ss? I have read so many threads and still don't really think I get it. I rotate through a whole bunch (stupid amount..noob, remember?) and I haven't changed one yet. I have replacements, but seriously I have no idea what I'm doing there and since I don't want to "waste" any replacements, I just keep buying new tanks. I know, it makes no sense.

Knowing when to replace a coil head takes a bit of experience. It all depends on how much you vape and what kind of vjuices you're using--sweet, dark ones and NETs will gunk up your coils in a matter of hours, while clean, clear, lightly flavors juices (and most menthols) will not. In my experience, a good coil should be able to vaporize at least 8-10 mls without a problem, more than that if your juices are "clean." Also, different people have different tolerances for dirty coils--mine is very low. I like clean coils, so I always rinse them when I refill my tank. Kanger coil heads can be dry burned and rinsed clean afterwards (to remove any ashes)--this simple procedure will extend the life of the coil. There are many tutorial on YouTube showing how to take a coil head apart for cleaning. The silica wick in the coil is non-flammable and can be torched clean. Kanger coils can also be rebuilt quite easily and rewicked with silica rope, cotton or rayon.

Good luck!

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA

LOL! Don 't call it something negative, like ADD - I am attentionally "deficit" but I like to think of it as a positive thing! I call it..."I'm an explorer! I'm exploring! And it's glorious and I'M NOT SMOKING!!!".

cincocc

Jul 27, 2015
Illinois, USA
Knowing when to replace a coil head takes a bit of experience.

And the thing that this thread has really driven home is the fact that IT'S NO BIG DEAL! You can't do it wrong!

What's the worst that can happen? Aside from it not working at all and not having a spare coil, the worst that can happen is that it tastes bad. So I can just think of it as bumming a cigarette off someone who smokes menthols or some other flavor I don't like. No big deal. I'm still going to get a hit of nicotine, even if don't like the taste and then I can simply go get my own cigarettes - or in the case of vaping, go get a new coil. No big deal.

It's the addiction that creates this stress. The "what if?" stress. That's all. It's the idea "What if it breaks or what if it doesn't work for me?" but if I - one whose surgeon had to PRESCRIBE that I be taken outdoors so I could smoke to stop me from tearing out my IVs and going home - if I can vape, ANY smoker can vape. ANY smoker can quit smoking. Just stick a pack of cigs in the fridge or freezer to ease your mind about it and get started.

Obviously, "it's subjective", LOL - there are as many ways to vape as there are people who are vaping. You can't get it wrong. If you don't like it, you adjust something. Get a different juice. Adjust the size of your hits. Close your eyes and take smaller hits if it makes you cough so you don't see how much vapor there is. If you can't inhale, don't worry about it! Take a MOUTH hit because you'll still get your nicotine via the membranes of the mouth. It is TRULY no big deal! You TRULY cannot get it wrong.

Here's what I'm going to do -
I will ALWAYS have two pens with me. Charged and juiced with something I didn't particularly like (which will not go to waste) and they will be there if I need them and I will ALWAYS have coils on hand for those pens. No matter what else I do, no matter how many tanks or batteries I collect - I will NEVER "run out" of juice or - even worse than not having a cigarette was HAVING a cigarette and no way to LIGHT it, AARRGGHH - so I will NEVER be without coils for and a functioning and charged EVOD. If I have to, I will use a solar charger or sit and charge it in my car with a 12V charger and charge incrementally, just to make sure I don't destroy a battery.

The lengths I would have gone to for a cigarette are not going to be relevant for vaping. I can vape in a bathroom stall and blow vapor into my armpit if I have to, LOL. It's liberating, in SO many ways to be free of the smoke! It's just SMOKING without the smoke and all of the damage and attention it creates!

Even if I wasn't quitting cigarettes, I would STILL keep this pen handy, juiced, charged and functioning. If I was still working, I would be sewing little pockets for it into every skirt, jacket and pair of pants I own.

I've walked out of a job because I couldn't smoke. Granted, I got hired back and special privileges, but anyone who trashes VAPING in my presence is going to get a huge dose of the militant smoker in me. And I'm a philosopher! I can crush their very soul with one short and single rant! ROFL!

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
My new tootle puffer toy arrived today. Have to love the Provari mini prices at the moment :cool:

I even managed to talk a mate into selling me a polished mini as well. :banana:

I love it, XX. Now, about that GMZ... (dooooo it). ;)

She's here. That's an old picture.

:laugh:

Provape themselves. because the P3 has superceded them there are only $100. I was looking at the gunmetal zenkote which is stunning but this purple is all me :p

As previously indicated...

Ah the lingo - I spent my first two weeks here just trying to get past the acronyms. A lot of the posts sounded like Morse code to me. :D Eventually I found a dictionary - really there is a thread somewhere that explains some of the most commonly used abbreviations. :)

There is.

this was my first new one. All the others were bought second hand from the classifieds. I have a white one that the owner had put a black wrap on the day he got it and it was pristine. Felt and looked new. I have a couple of the extension rings so that I can make them full sized but I prefer them small. :p

Whatevs. :D

I was under the impression "retired" was a mod... i mean a moderator not a battery... got to be careful with shortened forms in here. :D

The two "R"s are often confused. They are not the one-and-the-same (no, not at all).

What did I miss? :p

I had the same though, Marine.

I don't use my main gear for trying flavours. My system is like this

Get new flavour and smell if you don't like the smell you won't Vape it.
Put a couple of drops in a tablespoon of water and taste it. Flavour is very similar to the muted taste of vapour.
Use a dripper of sorts to try if you like it keep trying it over a couple of days
If I like it enough I put in a small tank and keep trying over a couple of days
If it's still in rotation I will give it a proper setup

I hate devoting or spending money on coils or cartos for something that got old quickly. With me there is always a honeymoon period for anything new. So it has to pass the three day test. If I am still using something regularly (eliquid or gear) after three days then it's a keeper. :p

:thumbs:

I've already abandoned the Spinner. I just prefer the EVOD - not sure why - and I don't even have any juice that I like yet.

There's something about those little suckers that I like too.

Perhaps you didn't read far enough before fatigue set in. I gave a recap a couple of pages back.

You realize the difficulty, si?

Also I keep reminding myself that there are no rules around vaping. You will find a way of doing things that make sense to you and in a rhythm that fits your lifestyle. Keep trying new things, new ways and enjoy the journey. It should be fun but it needs to make sense in your life. :p

And again, :thumbs: to da XX.

With all due respect to Brandon...

Thanks for the tease, TO. It was nice catching up. I'd love to see the now-closed "fun" too, if you're so inclined. I've gone back 10+ pages, so if it's referenced before that, the aforementioned fatigue did indeed set in.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Yeah... I won't argue with the half-witted, or engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. I don't know that high-powered ultrasonics would pose any danger, but I also don't know if *anyone* knows... Considering the impact of subsonics on the brain, I think it worth looking into, and as you pointed out, using something on a regular basis, that near one's brain, could make the impact far greater.

Andria
This topic happens to be one of my fields of work. What do you want to know?

Subsonics have no physical effect on the brain. The effects of subsonics are psychological. Ultrasonics also just bounce off the skull. No psychological effects as the energy is too low. Although I guess if you were to put one in your mouth you might loosen your sinuses if you have a stuffy nose . :)

Just looked up ultrasonic atomizers they seem to operate at about 1.7 MHz which I don't think it would have any effect on the brain. If you were to touch the vibrating element directly to your lips could cause some physical damage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread