Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
You can't dry burn without taking a coil housing apart--you need plenty of airflow to keep the coil cool--I blow gently on the coil to speed up cooling) and you really need to watch the coil like a hawk during the process. Too much heat and it will pop. Those wires are extremely fragile.

yep, why I just pull the silica wick out and put in a cotton one. No dry burning required then just change the wick about once a week. Quick as or quicker than dry burning And at tootle wattages no real hard gunk on the coil itself.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have never tried a NET, don't know where to get them in Canada. If it is anything like Katya says, then I'll probably not bother. ;)

I was kidding (a little). I don't really like NETs because I don't use tobacco flavors any more. But it's been a long journey. My first year or two of vaping were spent in pursuit of that elusive "authentic" tobacco flavor, which, as I now know, can not be replicated in a vape--lack of combustion. :(

Actually, a good unflavored base reminds me most of a cigarette flavor--and I often vape unflavored.

But NETs have a very strong following--if you're interested:

Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux | E-Cigarette Forum

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I finally broke down and got a GS Air-M tank (despite my self imposed vape spending moratorium :D) I couldn't get the tank to come apart for cleaning, took a hair dryer to it for a minute or two and she opened right up. Who knew such a basic lil' tank could put out so much flavor? Been kinda jonesin' for a cig here lately so I loaded up the tank with some higher nic El Kamino from Good Life and after a couple of pops from the coil she settled in and is treatin' momma right..... :vapor:

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
i have a realy dark chocolate mint juice and its my ADV at the moment its a real killer on wicks and coils

but i use the kanger subtank mini and all i realy do is like others have said as its a fairly large coil

i norm get a day and a half sometimes two before the flavor starts to drop off

then i just pull the wick rinse the coil body and base section of tank under the hot tap blow out as much as poss then wipe it dry on a clean towel and put it back on my mod and pulse fire it just to glow the wick and with the tap on a cold dribble i quench the coil a couple of times after releasing the fire button my coils look nice and clean again and all the gunge is gone
i wipe off any access water and blow it out again

rewick then juice the wick and replace the topped up section and i good to go again

all done in around 3-5 mins as i only have the one mod at present

i only completely strip and clean my tanks prob once maybe twice a week

i have 3 subtank minis and two are always full so i can just swap back and forth between two different flavors

i do cycle them with the third tank sort of

is this bad i am a bit lazy with cleaning tanks etc

but it works for me and i always have great flavor

Last edited:

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
This tootle puffer needs help deciding on a tank. I love my Nautilus mini.. But i want n need a bigger tank. The only reason I'm not going with the bigger version is i feel like i should try a diff tank and i dont want a bell look this time. So I've been thinking about the Atlantis, isub g or the aspire Triton. I havnt found coils for the isub yet though...so not sure that is an option. I also just learned a valuable lesson. Order more coils before you think you might need them. I thought I had about a week left on my coils and no sooner than I stuck some in my cart did my cf4 say check atomizer :(

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I have yet to find a coffee vape that has a great dark roast flavor and doesn't obliterate a build after 3ml's... :lol:
Ain't gonna happen.

TPA Espresso mixed at 7-10%. It's nearly colorless, clear and very roast coffee. If you want to bolster the roast flavor add some TPA Caramel Cappuccino (less than 1% it's very strong)

I love my coffee vapes and have used them without destroying coils of all types.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I tried my first flavour extraction today. About a month ago I got some lemon green tea. I opened about 14 teabags in a glass jar, poured PG over the tea till is was just covered and left in a drawer. Today I passed it through a cheese cloth and then through cotton wool at the base of a syringe. After a bit of mess I ended up with around 40 mls of flavour which in all cost me about a dollar fifty. I mixed it with base at 3mg, 50/50 and tried it immediately after a shake in my Magma. It tasted a little tame so I added about 5 drops of Capella Juicy Lemon to my 10 ml bottle of juice. Tasted a little better though not out of this world. I will let it rest for a few days and taste again. If it works it might be worth it. I could think of other flavoured teas. I could even try experimenting with leaving the tea in the bags which would possibly be one step less in the process. I might even get a small bag of tobacco and see how this cold extraction works with that. That's a project for the winter though. I'm too busy enjoying the summer right now. :)

Last edited:

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
After time with my daughter I'm a zillion pages behind on this thread but I wanted to take a second and say thank you to boden

Thanks, that took a couple of hours but if it helps someone :thumbs:
So you know it did help someone:)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
This tootle puffer needs help deciding on a tank. I love my Nautilus mini.. But i want n need a bigger tank. The only reason I'm not going with the bigger version is i feel like i should try a diff tank and i dont want a bell look this time. So I've been thinking about the Atlantis, isub g or the aspire Triton. I havnt found coils for the isub yet though...so not sure that is an option. I also just learned a valuable lesson. Order more coils before you think you might need them. I thought I had about a week left on my coils and no sooner than I stuck some in my cart did my cf4 say check atomizer :(
How about the Triton? Check out Phil Busardo's video on it. You can do clouds or you can tootle puff with the 1.8 coil.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
After time with my daughter I'm a zillion pages behind on this thread but I wanted to take a second and say thank you to boden

So you know it did help someone:)
Like you, I've been away for 6 days and have the zillion pages to catch up on too - oh, well, here goes ...... :D

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Oh that infamous restocking on Fasttech

TC istick.JPG

The iStick TC was supposed to ship yesterday. This morning I got an email: "To speed up processing of your shipment, the following products (SKUs) will be shipped in a separate package:2641800"

Dang it I wanted the iStick before I left for my vacation but I doubt it will make it here now. :( There is another mod which is TC and takes an interchangeable 18650 (always a plus in my book) that is in stock and ships next day but I know nothing about it and have not seen any reviews anywhere: It's the one below.... wish someone could tell me something about it. I don't like large mods... I want something small, lightweight and kind of stealthy.

$39.19 Authentic Shield Cig Mini 40W TC Temperature Control Variable Wattage VW APV Box Mod - 1-40W / 1*18650 / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: TrollDragon

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have never seen a video on simple cleaning and maintenance of Tp battery posts and ego chargers. The other thing I don't see a lot of is basic hygiene when it comes to vaping gear.

People seem to throw their vaping gear into pockets and handbags without any thought but it still goes in your mouth and you hold it in your hands. You wash your hands.....do you clean your PV

Seems as if I sanitize my PV with PG regularly. ;)

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    TPA Espresso mixed at 7-10%. It's nearly colorless, clear and very roast coffee. If you want to bolster the roast flavor add some TPA Caramel Cappuccino (less than 1% it's very strong)

I love my coffee vapes and have used them without destroying coils of all types.

Thanks that sounds Excellent!

I tried my first flavour extraction today. About a month ago I got some lemon green tea. I opened about 14 teabags in a glass jar, poured PG over the tea till is was just covered and left in a drawer. Today I passed it through a cheese cloth and then through cotton wool at the base of a syringe. After a bit of mess I ended up with around 40 mls of flavour which in all cost me about a dollar fifty. I mixed it with base at 3mg, 50/50 and tried it immediately after a shake in my Magma. It tasted a little tame so I added about 5 drops of Capella Juicy Lemon to my 10 ml bottle of juice. Tasted a little better though not out of this world. I will let it rest for a few days and taste again. If it works it might be worth it. I could think of other flavoured teas. I could even try experimenting with leaving the tea in the bags which would possibly be one step less in the process. I might even get a small bag of tobacco and see how this cold extraction works with that. That's a project for the winter though. I'm too busy enjoying the summer right now. :)
    I'm watching how this turns out, thanks for keeping us posted.

Reactions: anjelvape77
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread