Are YOU a Tootle Puffer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I like the japanese cotton; I wasn't *terribly* impressed when I first tried it, the taste is just the same as with organic cotton balls... but I find myself using it all the time now; it's just so darn EASY compared to cotton balls! And really does wick terrifically well.

Andria
First it was Temp control and now Japanese cotton...... ;)

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Robert,

You would have loved it around here 3-4 years ago. It was quite a trial and error situation. Everyone had the same basic gear and we would try anything to figure out what worked and what didn't work. Some of the materials and modifications were... strange to say the least.

I like it better now though, you don't have to spend half your day fiddling to keep things working. Or the trips to radio shack to make modifications that actually worked.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
First it was Temp control and now Japanese cotton...... ;)

I've had the JOC for a while now; it took me a few weeks to figure out that I really do like the convenience of it. It was a PIF, but I've since located a local source of Shiseido cotton; I have better results with it than the KGD, and the size of it is *perfect* for the long wicks I need in the Achilles.

The TC mod has been sold, and shipped; that experiment is over. Once the money clears paypal into my bank acct, I'm going to order one of those Phiniac etched CF4s... with my name. :D A much better and more personal reward for my year smoke-free, than the Evic.

Andria

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I've had the JOC for a while now; it took me a few weeks to figure out that I really do like the convenience of it. It was a PIF, but I've since located a local source of Shiseido cotton; I have better results with it than the KGD, and the size of it is *perfect* for the long wicks I need in the Achilles.

The TC mod has been sold, and shipped; that experiment is over. Once the money clears paypal into my bank acct, I'm going to order one of those Phiniac etched CF4s... with my name. :D A much better and more personal reward for my year smoke-free, than the Evic.

Andria
What design are you going to get? Those are nice.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Ohh yes so much better equipment and juice, etc now. And more choices until the choices go out of style and manufacturing to make way for this months devices.
I have watched vids about the aquarium filter foam and tea bags, etc. Mech mods themselves are not too hard to keep going for a techie though.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Built me a 18650 battery charger. a nice block of wood drilled a 3/4 inch hole thru it and trimmed close to the hole with my mitre saw then spit the hole with the saw and wound up with 2 battery cradles. a couple of pieces of copper strap screwed to each end and wired to an ego charger. Works fine monitoring current, temp of batt and charger with an infrared thermometer, voltmeter, etc. The cradle/sled is a proto part for a wooden box mod I will be building from cherry wood. Pure mech mod dual 18650. Should run an Evod for days.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Ohh yes so much better equipment and juice, etc now. And more choices until the choices go out of style and manufacturing to make way for this months devices.
I have watched vids about the aquarium filter foam and tea bags, etc. Mech mods themselves are not too hard to keep going for a techie though.

My first power supply that actually worked was an Altoids tin mod(afied) with three AA batteries.

Enjoy:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Robert,

You would have loved it around here 3-4 years ago. It was quite a trial and error situation. Everyone had the same basic gear and we would try anything to figure out what worked and what didn't work. Some of the materials and modifications were... strange to say the least.

I like it better now though, you don't have to spend half your day fiddling to keep things working. Or the trips to radio shack to make modifications that actually worked.

Coarse-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Foam-Filter-Juwel.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I have considered boiling dog hair, then twisting it to make a wick. There's so much around it would be nice to put it to good use.

Here's Busardo's take on other wicking materials (I use rayon):

I have more than my share of dog hair here...2 Siberians in full blow mode

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Reactions: Uncle

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
What design are you going to get? Those are nice.

Well, I like the one that has the ribbon for your name, though I confess I'm not terribly wild about a dragon's head... I'm told that they do custom designs for not a great deal of money, so something like a rose would be nice, and actually Andria-ish (I'm wild about roses), but I'll have to see how much a custom design would actually cost; I may end up with the dragon's head just to get my name on it. I'm thinking black, to match my black knucklehead driptips I always use with my Achilles, and that sparkly "stardust" clear-coat. But I'm also considering red; red mods aren't exactly all over the place. :)

Having the dragon's head wouldn't distress me too much; according to the chinese horoscope, both my husband and my son (my nearest and dearest!) are dragons. :D I'm an ox :facepalm: which really makes no sense to me; I'm really not the plodding patient sort at all. :D

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread