Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Just a question. If you have a RTA that takes dual coils, like the Goblin for instance, is a dual coil build a must or can one just go with a single coil. I know I have done single coils in RDAs that can take a dual coil but with this being a tank, would it leak? Thanks.
Usually no, The new Kayfuns are 4 posts but I only use a single coil! But I have no experience with the Goblin..

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
When that happens, its time for a voop! Nothing adjust the attitude better than a paid voop. :w00t:
I really need one of my boxmods... I only bring 2 little Ego's with EBC clearos to work because the heat makes my good tanks leak :(

Working on a solution.. Have a few ideas...

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Just a question. If you have a RTA that takes dual coils, like the Goblin for instance, is a dual coil build a must or can one just go with a single coil. I know I have done single coils in RDAs that can take a dual coil but with this being a tank, would it leak? Thanks.

I just ordered one for my istick, you can do either, there is a plug included for single coil builds...Can't wait to get it!

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I really need one of my boxmods... I only bring 2 little Ego's with EBC clearos to work because the heat makes my good tanks leak :(

Working on a solution.. Have a few ideas...
I always have a leather pen case in my man purse with two charged and loaded cigalikes in it.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I always have a leather pen case in my man purse with two charged and loaded cigalikes in it.
I used to keep two cigalikes with my two Egos in the small EGO Case as well lol
Even used to have the AquaVapor 510 Kit with the large PCC Box with Boge's I used to fill every night!! That was back in the day and a hassle.. lol

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Iv been eying either a Goblin or Goliath... Just haven't pulled the trigger..

I don't have a Goliath so I can't speak about it but the Goblin is a really great atty. The deck is a little tight but I never had any particular difficulty with it. I have even used 28g dual coils in there with no problems. I consider it one of the best atties I have for both flavour and clouds for those times when you want to live on the edge. :D Of course what I say about clouds is probably very relative since I'm not usually into clouds but as regards flavour I can vouch for it. One little drawback is that it is a bottom fill but I usually top fill it, especially if it is empty... I just hold the glass tank tightly down. Busardo has a very good video about it - shows you how to coil, wick and fill it in great detail.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I don't have a Goliath so I can't speak about it but the Goblin is a really great atty. The deck is a little tight but I never had any particular difficulty with it. I have even used 28g dual coils in there with no problems. I consider it one of the best atties I have for both flavour and clouds for those times when you want to live on the edge. :D Of course what I say about clouds is probably very relative since I'm not usually into clouds but as regards flavour I can vouch for it. One little drawback is that it is a bottom fill but I usually top fill it, especially if it is empty... I just hold the glass tank tightly down. Busardo has a very good video about it - shows you how to coil, wick and fill it in great detail.
Nice! When it comes to RTAs I'm more into the Flavor!! Good Clouds are mainly a plus!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!!! :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I'd wait for the Cthulhu V2 as it comes with 2 decks, a Kayfun style for single coils and an Velocity style for duals. Top fill, big Air, it ticks all the boxes for me.

Cthulhu RTA V2 | CTHULHU MOD, RTA, Hastur RDA

22-1024x576.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I also like the 528 Customs Monster V3..

Troll you know of every atty it seems!! Lol
Not me... I just keep updated on RTA juice pigs that I might like, since I have the Silverplay V1.

The 528 V3 looks interesting, but I still think that the Cthulhu's KF deck has more airflow.

The Silverplay V2 would be one to get if you are looking for a dual coil Orchid style build with massive air. I have a dual 24g in the V1 now at 0.2 ohms and it will move juice like no tomorrow. The problem with the V1 is they put the glass at the top of the tank and you cant tell how full it is till it pours out the DT. The chimney is bigger than a Kafun's and it sits too close to the walls so MaxVG only dribbles on by. It will take standard KF parts but you loose the wide bore chimney top using them. Just a poorly thought out design overall. These problems are fixed with the Silverplay V2 and cheaper than the 528 Monster V3.

I think if I do pick up another juice burner, it will be the Cthulhu V2 and for only $39.99 IMHO it will be a good deal.

Sorry TP'ers this should all be discussed in the MW thread. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I actually read both threads, but I've never posted in the Mod Whompers thread because I don't really fit the criteria.

There really isn't any criteria... I never vape over about 10w, but I build my own coils; haven't done the "blisterpack" thing in way over a year. And I really don't like tanks anymore, though I just started using my cartotank again; other than that, strictly RDA. But a cartotank is still best for my blueberry muffin vape, for some odd reason.

I think I'm a tootle-womper, sorta. :D

Andria

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sorry TP'ers this should all be discussed in the MW thread. :)

Yes, sometimes it's hard to figure out which thread I'm in. :D

:lol: I actually scrolled up to see if it was tootlers or wompers. :D

Andria

I actually read both threads, but I've never posted in the Mod Whompers thread because I don't really fit the criteria.

I simply do not think that it really matters all that much.

Having fun with it does. :thumbs::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread