Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
i just did some accidental science

just found out how low you can vape down the juice in a kanger subtank mini without a dry hit

to totaly empty

was just browsing through forum doing some reading etc paying no attention to my juice level then put my mod down to type my previous post just as i picked up my mod again looked at my tank and it was empty tipped it up to check and sure enough it had no juice left in it

took it off my mod to fill as i always tend to do, unscrewed the base and before i put it on the desk to fill, i tipped it up and not a drip came out

i can honistly say i only just noticed it a few more hits and i would of got a dry one

so as to how low juice can you go on a STM before refilling the answer is all the way

i learn something new every day

Last edited:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Tootle gear alert:

I just bought a Vamo V5 for $14 shipped at VaporEngine.com

MTFBWY...

Jay :headbang:

I saw that and was very seriously considering getting one, but talked myself out of it. I still have 2 VAMO V2's that work just fine (though I seldom use them anymore). :D

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I saw that and was very seriously considering getting one, but talked myself out of it. I still have 2 VAMO V2's that work just fine (though I seldom use them anymore). :D
yeah had to talk myself out of it too. And it was not easy about wrung my vape budget hands off.
Holding out for the Evic VTC Mini I think. Vamo its too big.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Ok @Taxguydave are you interested in a coil designed to be used between 35W and 110W in RDA's?
View attachment 487276
It doesn't matter what I am or am not interested in.

I did make a big boo boo earlier. I said you can put a Kanger Protank coil head in a Subtank Nano. You cannot. I forgot that I gave up on those (although they can be modified to fit) and used these instead:
parts for subtnano.jpg

The coil head in the picture is actually a Smoktech 2.2 ohm head. It works quite well.
subtnano vision coil.jpg

Like Gadgetkeith notes above, you can just about drain these tanks without getting a dry hit. That's also true even with my little substitution here. The tank really is a cool design.
SubTNX6.jpg

What's hard to believe is how much more vapor these same coil heads produce at 5-7W in the Subtank Nano than they do in my Smok mini trophy tanks.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
It doesn't matter what I am or am not interested in.

I did make a big boo boo earlier. I said you can put a Kanger Protank coil head in a Subtank Nano. You cannot. I forgot that I gave up on those (although they can be modified to fit) and used these instead:
View attachment 487309
The coil head in the picture is actually a Smoktech 2.2 ohm head. It works quite well.
View attachment 487310

Like Gadgetkeith notes above, you can just about drain these tanks without getting a dry hit. That's also true even with my little substitution here. The tank really is a cool design.
View attachment 487311
What's hard to believe is how much more vapor these same coil heads produce at 5-7W in the Subtank Nano than they do in my Smok mini trophy tanks.

i remember seeing a video on youtube about the protank coils and i think they do fit the mini but not the nano without moddification as the cage is different

from what it looked like the chimney on the mini slides down over the coil tube top so would also reduce the airflow ideal for those who like a tighter airflow for MTL

dont hold me to it its just what i watched

if some one here has the stm and protank maybe they could confirm it

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
i just did some accidental science

just found out how low you can vape down the juice in a kanger subtank mini without a dry hit

to totaly empty

was just browsing through forum doing some reading etc paying no attention to my juice level then put my mod down to type my previous post just as i picked up my mod again looked at my tank and it was empty tipped it up to check and sure enough it had no juice left in it

took it off my mod to fill as i always tend to do, unscrewed the base and before i put it on the desk to fill, i tipped it up and not a drip came out

i can honistly say i only just noticed it a few more hits and i would of got a dry one

so as to how low juice can you go on a STM before refilling the answer is all the way

i learn something new every day
The STM coils juice holes are halfway up the coil, it's well know that this is one tank you can't vape until it's empty. Maybe though, your using the 1.5ohm coil so it doesn't vaporize the juice as quick as the 0.5ohm does.. I think I've just answered my own question lol. Interesting all the same though..

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
The STM coils juice holes are halfway up the coil, it's well know that this is one tank you can't vape until it's empty. Maybe though, your using the 1.5ohm coil so it doesn't vaporize the juice as quick as the 0.5ohm does.. I think I've just answered my own question lol. Interesting all the same though..

Using the RBA deck you can. I do it all the time.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas

you are close i am using a rebuilt occ coil at 1 ohm and when i rebuild the coils i leave a tiny bit of wick protruding ie just a smidge i trim as close as poss but do not push it into the coil body all i can think is as i tilt and vape this picks up the juice but does not explain when the juice gets extremely low how it managed to mop up the last little bit even tho the hole is towards me and there is a gap between the end of wick the cage and glass i do use a pretty high vg juice

and was casualy vaping not my usual chain vape

i can honistly say with hand on heart i vaped it dry and no dry hit all that was left was the residue left on the glass

i never normaly let it go below the juice holes as common sense would say it wont pick up the juice but somehow it did

it realy shocked me when it was empty

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
you are close i am using a rebuilt occ coil at 1 ohm and when i rebuild the coils i leave a tiny bit of wick protruding ie just a smidge i trim as close as poss but do not push it into the coil body all i can think is as i tilt and vape this picks up the juice but does not explain when the juice gets extremely low how it managed to mop up the last little bit even tho the hole is towards me and there is a gap between the end of wick the cage and glass i do use a pretty high vg juice

and was casualy vaping not my usual chain vape

i can honistly say with hand on heart i vaped it dry and no dry hit all that was left was the residue left on the glass

i never normaly let it go below the juice holes as common sense would say it wont pick up the juice but somehow it did

it realy shocked me when it was empty
Lower wattage and the style of vaping must help, you can't do this with the 0.5 ohm coil, lung hits, full air open. I vaped it just below the juice holes a few days ago and got a dry hit, so much so, the burnt taste wouldn't go away and I had to to replace the coil..these were also the vertical ones..

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
while i was vaping i was looking through the forum and mod was in my hand all the time elbow on the desk drip tip resting on my lower lip so mod and tank were pretty much constantly horizontal and with this particular tank one of the juice holes was directly facing me so when horizontal its at the lowest point poss but still does not explain how it managed to mop up all the juice

all i can think is that as my juice is pretty thick and i was only taking a draw every 1-2 mins there must have been just enough contact for the wick to somehow draw up the last of the juice

and like you say the higher ohm coil does not burn through the juice as fast as the lower ohm ones

its got me beat but when i tipped the open tank top up nothing came out it was empty

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
air was full open and my prefered vape style is lung hits this evening it was just slow and steady once a min or two mins my average draw time was also around 3-4 seconds horizontal rebuilt occ coil wicking is fairly loose due to thick juice @18w

all i say is it realy surprised me that i managed to totaly empty the tank

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
air was full open and my prefered vape style is lung hits this evening it was just slow and steady once a min or two mins my average draw time was also around 3-4 seconds horizontal rebuilt occ coil wicking is fairly loose due to thick juice

all i say is it realy surprised me that i managed to totaly empty the tank

Maybe it was a one off lol, these things happen sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread