Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
11hunfo.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
yeah for sure as its the first time ive ever done it

gotta see if i can do it again

less filling more lazy time thats a win win in my book
I always use the q tip fill method for this reason, why didn't they lower the juice holes to begin with, I just have no idea how the juice fed into your coil, I also vape high VG too...Mystery

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
i got some vertical coils the other week from FT and they are 1.5 ohm but different to the early ones not sure if the genuine kanger ones are the same or not

but when i screwed one onto a base i like to nip them up pretty tight with my fingers and the outer square shell just twisted off to reveal an inner section with the juice holes and two vertical slots holding all the coil and wick so they look easier to rebuild than the first vertical ones that you had to remove the top section

and the way they are made if you was to use a realy thin juice and had flooding problems you could twist the outer square to close up the holes like a juice control

they are well good 1.5 clones from FT

they wick fantastic i chain vape them @ 35w and they do get hungry for a stm

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Of course, I'm an idiot, why didn't I think of that, juice holes smack on the bottom of the deck, soaks up more juice in there too. What a dim rod :mad:
The previous versions had juice wells in the bottom of the BRA deck. The newer ones dont but the chamber doesnt screw down on them, it has one screw holding it to the deck. I removed the bottom orings from my newer style RBA decks and dont get dry hits when I vape the tank dry. If I continue to vape it will happen! Thats why I cant really tell if its the Smok M80 plus preventing dry hits or if its the design of the tank and blind luck that keeps me from getting them.
Lower wattage and the style of vaping must help, you can't do this with the 0.5 ohm coil, lung hits, full air open. I vaped it just below the juice holes a few days ago and got a dry hit, so much so, the burnt taste wouldn't go away and I had to to replace the coil..these were also the vertical ones..

Never used the vertical .5 coils on the STM but have used the other ones. They do not like juice any thicker than 70VG/30PG. I have vaped them real close to dry before and have gotton over 20 tanks from an OCC coil but the RBA deck is far superior. I vape them at max VG all the time and vape them dry a lot. Running one now with a 24 ga Kanthal coil in it at .5 on a Smok M80 plus under TC. Only real dry hit I ever got from it was when I ran it dry and kept vaping just to see and it was a slight scorched hit eventually.

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
never tried the q tip trick as i like that bit of air space above the juice to hold a vacum as i build my coils smaller than the juice holes so i can have some tension on the wick through the center of the coil but less in the juice holes so my thicker juice can get in through the holes easier but still allows for a snug wick in the coil itself

i have even drilled out some of the juice holes in a few shells so i can use larger id coils and still wick the same style

as they say its all in the details its the fine tuning

Reactions: TrollDragon

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
chopdoc i have done some time with the standard occ coils and i can chain max vg no prob it just takes a little tweaking

i have loads of rba decks new and old and i am gonna try a dremmel or small drill to open the the air holes a little as i find them just a little to tight for my liking gonna have to try and slot them rather then larger diameter as there aint enough meat on then for bigger drill bit holes

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Update: The ProTank coil in the MINI Subtank is still working fine and no leaks after vaping (chain) a full tank. I did have to change out a short wide tip to a longer narrower tip because as the juice got lower it also got hotter. I'm using it atop the Cool Fire IV and the screen shows 1.52 ohms, 3.5 volts/8.1 watts, middle hole on AFC.

I am using my own rebuilt coil (30 guage Kanthal, Sally's cellucotton), and did use another silicone grommet upside down on the chimney of the atomizer to cover the wider opening of the down shaft of the tank. Whether it's needed or not, don't know. Will try without next tankful. Vaped 'til juice was all gone as the wicking is right out there for all the world to see! :)

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Update: The ProTank coil in the MINI Subtank is still working fine and no leaks after vaping (chain) a full tank. I did have to change out a short wide tip to a longer narrower tip because as the juice got lower it also got hotter. I'm using it atop the Cool Fire IV and the screen shows 1.52 ohms, 3.5 volts/8.1 watts, middle hole on AFC.

I am using my own rebuilt coil (30 guage Kanthal, Sally's cellucotton), and did use another silicone grommet upside down on the chimney of the atomizer to cover the wider opening of the down shaft of the tank. Whether it's needed or not, don't know. Will try without next tankful. Vaped 'til juice was all gone as the wicking is right out there for all the world to see! :)

OOOOH!! I have a subtank mini and coolfire IV on order (thought it was time to try a bit of mod whomping - haven't been over 9 watts yet :)) - I use rebuilt evod coils in an aero mega and would be really good to have another option if I don't like the supplied coils so I'll give it a go when it arrives :thumbs:.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
IMO, you can't beat horizontal coils with exposed wicks as the best all rounder. The only time I've ever experienced dry hits (since the days of CE4s ;)) is with the enclosed type wicks. eGo ONEs can also be vaped dry without a dry hit.
For tootle puffers I agree but for some of us that use the 0.5 ohm coil, the vertical ones are better, can handle much higher wattage and have better flavor, they also last a hell of a lot longer unless your rewicking them yourself, which of course isn't possible with the vertical ones..

I made a peach and ice cream juice and tried it today, so so nice..and easy to make up..Gotta love vaping toots

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
For tootle puffers I agree but for some of us that use the 0.5 ohm coil, the vertical ones are better, can handle much higher wattage and have better flavor, they also last a hell of a lot longer unless your rewicking them yourself, which of course isn't possible with the vertical ones.

Yes, but we are on the tootle thread ;)

(Mind, I don't have much success with the vertical coiled stuff)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
For tootle puffers I agree but for some of us that use the 0.5 ohm coil, the vertical ones are better, can handle much higher wattage and have better flavor, they also last a hell of a lot longer unless your rewicking them yourself, which of course isn't possible with the vertical ones..

I made a peach and ice cream juice and tried it today, so so nice..and easy to make up..Gotta love vaping toots
I have to agree with GT I can get a super consistent vape with horizontal coils. I use blister pack vertical BVC coils in my BB's but have never had much success with coiling them myself.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Yes, but we are on the tootle thread ;)

(Mind, I don't have much success with the vertical coiled stuff)
I know but some of us are mod wompers....personally, I tootle in the day and sub ohm at night..I was just making conversation :)

You know I love you guys and gals right !!! :pervy:

You just annoyed I got page 700 :rolleyes:

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Closest I've got to "Mod Whomping" is my SX Mini "M" class with a Nectar Micro RDA ... at 16W ;)

The rest of my arsenal includes eGrip CLR @ 13W, eGrip V1 with CL base and 1.8Ω tensioned contact coils @ 11W, and of course my eGo ONEs with 1Ω coils (~15W). Oh, and my little homemade dripper on an eGo 650 ...

Can't quite make up my mind which I prefer :eek:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Holding out for the Evic VTC Mini I think.

I'm going to wait and see what PBusardo has to say about it. I like that it has stealth mode. I really don't like devices that have screens that can't be turned off.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Closest I've got to "Mod Whomping" is my SX Mini "M" class with a Nectar Micro RDA ... at 16W ;)

The rest of my arsenal includes eGrip CLR @ 13W, eGrip V1 with CL base and 1.8Ω tensioned contact coils @ 11W, and of course my eGo ONEs with 1Ω coils (~15W). Oh, and my little homemade dripper on an eGo 650 ...

Can't quite make up my mind which I prefer :eek:
How is the Nectar Micro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread