Are You A Vapeaholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
The vapaholic Group is growing folks when we have 150 members there might be a little something going on here. I will kepp the group up to date on what it might be when we get a bit closer. Welcom to All here I have a feeling this could be a huge group of some really cool people.!!!

JoeD4

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA
I am not a vapaholic. I am a nicotine addict. I used to inhale nicotine by burning tobacco and inhaling the smoke which contained 4000+ chemicals over 40 of which were mutagenic nitrosamines. Now I get my nicotine by inhaling a far less harmful vapor produced by a device commonly refered to as an e-cigarette. This is not only a harm reduction strategy but also a means of controlled reduction of nicotine intake. Nicotine consumption through this method (vaping) can be monitored and controlled with reasonable accuracy. I plan to stop vaping when I no longer need it as a nicotine delivery method.

Threads like this could be dangerous to our freedom to vape if they were read and publicized by the wrong people. Let's be careful not to put ammo into the guns of the enemy.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
I am not a vapaholic. I am a nicotine addict. I used to inhale nicotine by burning tobacco and inhaling the smoke which contained 4000+ chemicals over 40 of which were mutagenic nitrosamines. Now I get my nicotine by inhaling a far less harmful vapor produced by a device commonly refered to as an e-cigarette. This is not only a harm reduction strategy but also a means of controlled reduction of nicotine intake. Nicotine consumption through this method (vaping) can be monitored and controlled with reasonable accuracy. I plan to stop vaping when I no longer need it as a nicotine delivery method.

Threads like this could be dangerous to our freedom to vape if they were read and publicized by the wrong people. Let's be careful not to put ammo into the guns of the enemy.

Have you ever looked at the studies on PV's that have been done in the last 10 years? Vaporizing causes the body to take in much larger doses of the Vaporized substances in purer form then when a substance is burned. Not all Vaporers use nicotine, there for you can be a Vapoholic with out the use of nicotine. Vape on my friends 15 members attending meetings now.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Have you ever looked at the studies on PV's that have been done in the last 10 years? Vaporizing causes the body to take in much larger doses of the Vaporized substances in purer form then when a substance is burned. Not all Vaporers use nicotine, there for you can be a Vapoholic with out the use of nicotine. Vape on my friends 15 members attending meetings now.

Have you seen any of the studies that insist PV users are getting very little or no nicotine via the e-cig nicotine delivery system? Could be that none of us are using nicotine. Perhaps the placebo effect is that strong. I don't believe it myself, but just because a "study" somewhere says something - that doesn't make it true.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
According to some reports, nothing is replacing it. Some reports - generally considered flawed by ecig users - insist that vaping does not significantly raise the nicotine level in the bloodstream, and therefore it is not a reliable or effective nicotine replacement therapy.

As I mentioned in my original post, I don't this assertion myself, but some studies have said this. And as I understand it, some governmental agencies are using this type of information as a means to damn the e-cig industry. In my mind however, if those reports are right and I'm not actually getting nicotine, then Great!!!! That means I will not only have quit smoking, but I will have effectively beaten my nicotine addiction as well. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread