Are You A Vapeaholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
According to some reports, nothing is replacing it. Some reports - generally considered flawed by ecig users - insist that vaping does not significantly raise the nicotine level in the bloodstream, and therefore it is not a reliable or effective nicotine replacement therapy.

As I mentioned in my original post, I don't this assertion myself, but some studies have said this. And as I understand it, some governmental agencies are using this type of information as a means to damn the e-cig industry. In my mind however, if those reports are right and I'm not actually getting nicotine, then Great!!!! That means I will not only have quit smoking, but I will have effectively beaten my nicotine addiction as well. :thumbs:

I am talking about documented scientific studies performed by major universities, independent studies and by pharmaceutical companies. Not only in regards to nicotine but in regards to any other substance vaporized. I even have a published book on vaporizing and how it makes the body ingest higher levels and purer levels then conventional methods of ingesting.

In the event it was true that there was in fact no nicotine uptake that would give the government even less reason to try and ban e-cigs. What would be the point unless they were just passing a law to make it against the law to have these units sold as nicotine "replacement therapy"

Nicotine levels in the blood stream should be lower if a purer form of nicotine is entering the body with out all of the carriers that are in analog cigarettes. Same thing happens with the patch or nicotine gum that is why they are sold at such high MG levels.

I do agree though if it is a placebo I think it is great as long as I get my hand to mouth movement and see smoke come out I am happy. I have known many people to quit using cigarettes by replacing what they smoke. Most are addicted to the movement. I don't want any burned smoke entering me so vaporizing is my method of choice and find it to be enjoyable and relaxing.

I also extremely enjoy the fact that I have no chance of burning down my house with a cigarette, I don't have nightmares from wearing the patch, I don't get lock jaw from chewing so much nasty tasting gum, I don't have to take an anti-depressant which can lead to depression after use is discontinued and I don't have a chance of sleep walking and being injured or of flipping out and killing someone like you can experience with Chantix.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
I am talking about documented scientific studies performed by major universities, independent studies and by pharmaceutical companies.

Yeah, so am I. Read the study report from Dr. Thomas Eissenberg, Professor, Director of Clinical Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Virginia Commonwealth University.

Not sure why you want to act like this information is not out there. I'm not saying I agree with it, simply that it exists and studies such as the one mentioned above are being used to try to "protect us" from the evils of e-cigs.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
All I can find is information on the e-cig not being a good method of nicotine delivery. That's GREAT, I don't want it labeled and thrown in with all of the quit smoking crap. There was no mention of what brands of cigarettes were used, what the fake cigarettes contained and what level of nicotine was in the e-cig and/or what model voltage was used for the test. How heavy of smokers were used for the test, if they abstained from smoking for an hour or more during a normal day and so on and so forth.

Just because this guy did a study of a significant amount of smokers an impressive 18 people is of no concern to me and I highly doubt that any changes will come from such a silly test that was labeled scientific research and this guy should worry more about his grant being pulled than I should of my e-cig being banned from his study.

I don't care if e-cigarettes are not approved as smoking cessation product. Here is a list of all the CRAP that is approved to QUIT smoking. I am not interested in using an e-cig for a short period of time and then stopping it's use. I am not using it for cessation. FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Products

Untitled Document is a link to the main campus address if anyone would like to tell this quack he is a quack. His current study is the uptake levels of "nicotine" using a water pipe. Can't say out of the 300+ people I know with water pipes that a single one uses it to smoke tobacco and around 200 of them don't even use tobacco.

Sherrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
Blackwater, Kentucky USA
Here are all of the ECF related threads, blogs, articles, etc., related to Dr. Eissenberg and how his study is being viewed by governments, organizations, other researchers, etc. And discussions of how his study may be a threat to our rights as vapers.

Eissenberg - Google Search

It now occurs to me that you simply want to argue.
Sky is blue. Water is wet. Hagbard wants to argue.

I've got other things to do.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
OK - I'm Ed and I'm fixing to be a vaporholic - I am an alcoholic - been sober 6 years. so I know about addiction first hand.

But let me ask you guys this - if we vape all day - say 24mg e-nicotine, how does that relate to how many cigarettes we used to smoke? I mean, I used to smoke 2-3 packs a day. Now it's about a pack a week. But I have no idea about how much nicotine I'm putting in my body if I vape 24mg all day!

Can someone out there enlighten me?

Ed.

Congrats on the 6 years!!!
And, Yes, I am.:)

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Declared and Non Declared Conflicts of Interest. The case of Thomas EISSENBERG, Wasim MAZIAK, Jack HENNINGFIELD

A little history on Thomas Eissenberg and friends.

And here is the information on his grant that is for..............http://www.news.vcu.edu/news/VCU_reseacher_wins_NCI_grant_for_tobacco_research

Studies are planned to assess the effects on smokers of cigarettes and smokeless products that are marketed by "tobacco companies" as safer alternatives to traditional cigarettes. Seems any work on e-cigs would be bias.

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
Y'all are getting plenty of nicotine from your ecigs.

Part of being mislead (whether intentionally or accidentally) is being led to ask the wrong questions. Eissenberg is asking the wrong questions (or more precisely making unwarranted conclusions via an incomplete and inappropriate data set).

Check this out from my blog for more on the topic.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
Please define vapaholic.
Do you mean vapping to the point where your body morphs into your PV?

Do you mean setting up PV and Juice relay stations all over the house because you might run out of something? Like a batt dying while enroute from the bedroom to the bathroom?

Do you mean modding out a nebulizer so you can vape while you sleep? (Honest, my son doesn't need his anymore. His asthma is cured.)

Do you mean throwing out all the food in the fridge and reserving it only for e juice? (My family is getting by on PBJ and canned beans just fine thank you.)

Do you mean buying another vehicle solely for the purpose of holding all your vapping supplies when you decide to leave the house?

We have 10 attending meetings

Can't attend 10 meetings. Too busy vapping. And I am NOT a vapaholic. NOT, NOT, NOT, NOT!!!!:D

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Yeah, so am I. Read the study report from Dr. Thomas Eissenberg, Professor, Director of Clinical Behavioral Pharmacology Laboratory, Virginia Commonwealth University.

Not sure why you want to act like this information is not out there. I'm not saying I agree with it, simply that it exists and studies such as the one mentioned above are being used to try to "protect us" from the evils of e-cigs.
I WOULD LIKE DR THOMAS EISSENBERG TO HIT MY BIG CHUCK AT 6V'S WITH SOME 36MG DUNHILL AND TELL ME THIERS NO NICOTINE:w00t:

Idaho Ron

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
Please define vapaholic.
Do you mean vapping to the point where your body morphs into your PV?

Do you mean setting up PV and Juice relay stations all over the house because you might run out of something? Like a batt dying while enroute from the bedroom to the bathroom?

Do you mean modding out a nebulizer so you can vape while you sleep? (Honest, my son doesn't need his anymore. His asthma is cured.)

Do you mean throwing out all the food in the fridge and reserving it only for e juice? (My family is getting by on PBJ and canned beans just fine thank you.)

Do you mean buying another vehicle solely for the purpose of holding all your vapping supplies when you decide to leave the house?

All of The Above!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread