Are you done stocking up?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Heh - I'd had a mod on order from FT for about 7 weeks. Pre-order Date 1, Date 2, Date 3, No Date, etc. I finally got pizzed and cancelled the order last evening and ordered a different mod with the GC refund. Look again this morning, and it's saying "Ships Next Day" :mad:

So, I ordered it (again) :facepalm: However, status says "Waiting to be Packaged" as of 45 minutes ago..... Other stuff has already been assigned a tracking number!

Picked up a L of nic from MFS, as well as some coils for a new tank. Ordered enough stuff to qualify for free shipping. The 20% discount brought everything down to just a bit over the regular cost of a Liter. I consider that a "score".

Do I really "need" all this stuff? No. Do I want it? YES.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Was going to order some more flavours but after cleaning up all of my vape gear and realizing I have about 60 different flavours, Ima gonna stand pat for a while.

Re: new mods... has anyone else notice that there have been very little innovation or cool new mods released in the last 6 months? Since the Alien, Lost Vape, new Smoant mods and the plethora of 3-4 battery beasts and some touch screens, I really don't see anything that screams "buy me".

Anyone else feel the same?

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
That old adage definitely applies here: better to be safe than sorry!

Well Chels...not always...

The Dooming Regs state NO new vaping products can be introduced after 8/8/2016...

If you'd have stocked up then...to be "safe"...you'd have missed out on A LOT of GREAT Mods, Tanks, etc. that have appeared since then...

Early on, I tried dropping from 18 to 12 and decided that was too much, too fast. I ended up settling in on 15 for the better part of 3 years. Now I'm trying to get down to 12, one or even a half a mg at a time.

Since I'm an old fart...

and since I have a family history of Alzheimer's...

and since nicotine is the only substance proven (so far) to actually delay/prevent the onset of Alzheimer's/senile dementia...

I've never considered lowering my nicotine...:shock:

I did notice that Memorial Day has some better sales than most holidays.

Yesterday's "Today Only" Nautilus 2 Tank Sale for $9.99 appears to still be active...

Aspire Nautilus 2 Tank - VOLCANO e-Cigs

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Did do a flavor order but not because of the holiday but because I needed some. Came down to between flavors or nic but figured I can get by a couple more mixes with the nic I have. Thinking I will get nic around 7/4, will stock up even more if there are sales.

Should be good on everything else unless something shiny comes along.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Re: new mods... has anyone else notice that there have been very little innovation or cool new mods released in the last 6 months? Since the Alien, Lost Vape, new Smoant mods and the plethora of 3-4 battery beasts and some touch screens, I really don't see anything that screams "buy me".

Anyone else feel the same?

I love my Tesla Steampunk, which is recent, and plan to pick up at least one more before 8/16, but am pretty set with the mods I have now (Tesla Steampunk (1 maybe 3), Battlestar (1 maybe 2), Alien 220w, 3 iStick 100W TC's). So may get 1 or 2 Steampunks and a Battlestar unless something shiny comes along.

I think there might be a rush of newer models this summer. R&D to manufacturing takes a while so there might be a rush to get out mods in that process right now before 8/16. For how I vape (20W-60W depending on the tank) I really don't need anything mod wise that I don't already have (more power, more batteries, etc) or is available already.

I might pick up more tanks, what I have are either RTA's or premade coils along with build decks (might stock up on some premade coils though for when I'm lazy) and am just starting to rebuild, so should be good there. Nic is about the only thing right now on my radar to stock up on in the near future. Have actually saving $$ for maybe one last big splurge around the 7/4 holiday, to see what sales may happen then, for nic any any hardware I will need.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Re: new mods... has anyone else notice that there have been very little innovation or cool new mods released in the last 6 months?

Hi BreS...I think you may be using the ol' debate tactic of "exaggerating to make a point" :shock:...

You're forgetting...the SMOK AL85 Alien Baby...

Review:
SMOK AL85 Alien Baby 85W TC Starter Kit Review | Spinfuel VAPE

Best Price I've found...$35.20 with FREE shipping:
Smok Alien Baby AL85 TC/VW 85W Box Mod Powered by Single 18650 Battery - Cvapor.com

And...the Joyetech eVic Primo Mini...

Preview:
PREVIEW: Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W TC Kit | Spinfuel VAPE

Best Price I've found...$32.00 with FREE shipping:
Joyetech eVic Primo Mini OLED Screen TC 80W Box Mod Powered by Single 18650 Battery - Cvapor.com

:2c:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hi BreS...I think you may be using the ol' debate tactic of "exaggerating to make a point" :shock:...

You're forgetting...the SMOK AL85 Alien Baby...

Review:
SMOK AL85 Alien Baby 85W TC Starter Kit Review | Spinfuel VAPE

Best Price I've found...$35.20 with FREE shipping:
Smok Alien Baby AL85 TC/VW 85W Box Mod Powered by Single 18650 Battery - Cvapor.com

And...the Joyetech eVic Primo Mini...

Preview:
PREVIEW: Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W TC Kit | Spinfuel VAPE

Best Price I've found...$32.00 with FREE shipping:
Joyetech eVic Primo Mini OLED Screen TC 80W Box Mod Powered by Single 18650 Battery - Cvapor.com

:2c:

Disagree.

The AL85 as an example didn't impress me enough over my Pico to buy one and was released about 5 months ago.

The eVic Primo Mini is cool, but a small 80w single 18650 mod isn't what I would exactly call groundbreaking.

I just don't see anything new out there technology or feature-wise that I couldn't buy 6 months ago. YMMV.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
I just don't see anything new out there technology or feature-wise that I couldn't buy 6 months ago. YMMV.

I actually feel the same way, at least as box mods go. Just a quick look at "new" stuff on Vaporbeast shows about as many new pen styles as box mods and nothing real new on the box mods. The Tesla was a little different with the physical on/off switch and user programmable "hit" setting (norm, soft, hard, user) and the design and weight were different (all those which I love).

The only "new" thing I've really seen is the Joyetech Penguin but it's probably a squonker(?) type, which I'm not knowledgeable about nor think I'm interested in.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Joyetech Penguin

That is a refillable pod mod. There are lots of reviews out for it on youtube and most of the guys seem to like it for a cheap starter type mod for new vapers but it is more of a DTL vape with no adjustable airflow so not completely aimed at new users.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
That is a refillable pod mod. There are lots of reviews out for it on youtube and most of the guys seem to like it for a cheap starter type mod for new vapers but it is more of a DTL vape with no adjustable airflow so not completely aimed at new users.

Yep, not for me. I like control in certain areas of my life. I like controlling what's in my juice, the airflow, the juice flow, etc. I think that's one of the reasons I like the Tesla Steampunk over my other mods, I can even control the hit factor. Eventually doing my own coiling and wicking is in that same direction.

The same way I control my homebrewing, from ingredients to mash to fermentation to kegging, total control over as much as I can. Heck, a friend of mine have been working on cross pollinating homegrown hops to get certain flavors.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If you'd have stocked up then...to be "safe"...you'd have missed out on A LOT of GREAT Mods, Tanks, etc. that have appeared since then...
Some of us don't care. I'm perfectly happy with the type of gear I'm using, all of which has been around for several years. I simply don't need or want anything "new" or "improved". :vapor:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I might pick up more tanks, what I have are either RTA's or premade coils along with build decks (might stock up on some premade coils though for when I'm lazy) and am just starting to rebuild, so should be good there.

Hey nums...have you considered trying the Joyetech CLR Coils...

They fit both versions (and all the sizes) of the Joyetech eGo ONE Tanks...

When you're "lazy"...they give a GREAT vape right out of the blister pack...(0.5Ω for DL, 1.0Ω for MTL)...

But...they can also be easily rebuilt with any wire/wick you desire...(they're designed to be rebuilt...instructions come with each 5-pack)...

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Hey nums...have you considered trying the Joyetech CLR Coils...

They fit both versions (and all the sizes) of the Joyetech eGo ONE Tanks...

When you're "lazy"...they give a GREAT vape right out of the blister pack...(0.5Ω for DL, 1.0Ω for MTL)...

But...they can also be easily rebuilt with any wire/wick you desire...(they're designed to be rebuilt...instructions come with each 5-pack)...

Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Have looked at them, like dual function, and the premade coil price is nice. Do you use them? The only negative I've read has been multiple leaking issues reported.

Users who are viewing this thread