Are you done stocking up?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
JC...have you considered trying some WTA?

No, because I don't vape anything tobacco flavored at all...never have. Also, I luckily never needed anything to deal with any ciggy cravings or switching to vaping from smoking. Once I had my last one, I've never craved a smoke. This 7mg I'm vaping now is working great so far, and at the most, if necessary, I may up it to 7.5mg, but that's it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've read where WTA's are very helpful for some people.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Since I have a family history of Alzheimer's...and since nicotine is the only substance found (so far) to actually prevent/delay the onset of Alzheimer's/senile dementia...I, personally, never think about lowering my nicotine level...:thumbs:
It's all such a balancing act.
I have 3 stents in my chest and my BP is higher than I'd like it.
That's the only reason for me to even consider lowering my nic level.
I enjoy my nicotine but I enjoy not having heart attacks or strokes even more.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
No, because I don't vape anything tobacco flavored at all...never have. Also, I luckily never needed anything to deal with any ciggy cravings or switching to vaping from smoking. Once I had my last one, I've never craved a smoke. This 7mg I'm vaping now is working great so far, and at the most, if necessary, I may up it to 7.5mg, but that's it.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I've read where WTA's are very helpful for some people.
i went from 24mg to 0/1 mg,,,,exercised more & ate less..........i have gained 10 pounds.......driving me absolutely nuts.........i upped my nic to 12mg couple of days ago :)shock::evil::shock::evil::shock::evil:

then dropped it back down to 10mg lol,,,,,, my metab. has just 'died/quit',,,,,,but i can 'feel' the dif with the higher nic.........so fingers crossed that this helps.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
i went from 24mg to 0/1 mg,,,,exercised more & ate less..........i have gained 10 pounds.......driving me absolutely nuts.........i upped my nic to 12mg couple of days ago :)shock::evil::shock::evil::shock::evil:

then dropped it back down to 10mg lol,,,,,, my metab. has just 'died/quit',,,,,,but i can 'feel' the dif with the higher nic.........so fingers crossed that this helps.

I hope it helps you too!! Keep us posted, please :)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
i still have 30mls of 12mg,, so i am applying it (little ribbon if juice about 1 inch long) to my wrists as i vape 10mg.

fwiw,, this may be a better plan in winter,, as you do feel heat (inside your body) more,,,,,,,,,,,,you are always hot,, but burning fat is my goal while i keep exercising to maintain muscle.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
my metab. has just 'died/quit',,,,,,but i can 'feel' the dif with the higher nic.........so fingers crossed that this helps.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine was dying a little more each month over a period of 2 years, and it was very noticeable! The feeling of frustration with it wasn't pleasant at all.

I increased my nic from 6mg to just 6.5 starting last January. Each month, Jan.-Mar., about 1.5 pounds came off, and I could "feel" my metabolism/energy level going up a little bit, too. In April, I raised it to 7mg, and again my energy/metabolism increased some more Apr-June, and 2 lbs. per month came off.

So, IMO...give it a period of at least a couple months at a changed nic mg level, to see what your weight and metabolism both do during that time. It'll be just a gradual difference.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I know exactly what you're talking about. Mine was dying a little more each month over a period of 2 years, and it was very noticeable! The feeling of frustration with it wasn't pleasant at all.

I increased my nic from 6mg to just 6.5 starting last January. Each month, Jan.-Mar., about 1.5 pounds came off, and I could "feel" my metabolism/energy level going up a little bit, too. In April, I raised it to 7mg, and again my energy/metabolism increased some more Apr-June, and 2 lbs. per month came off.

So, IMO...give it a period of at least a couple months at a changed nic mg level, to see what your weight and metabolism both do during that time. It'll be just a gradual difference.
i was pushed more to look into nic impact based on your post... i have played with it a little here and there in the past,,, but this time i jumped up the nic level enough that my body said 'hey' ,,,,,,,,in the meantime i have learned that nic has about a 2 hour 'shelf life' in your body........so i apply the wrist ribbon about every 2 hours when i am awake and once before bed (it has not affected my sleep). my thinking is,, to keep nic 'working' even when i am not vaping. now with the higher nic,, my desire to vape has reduced,,, another reason for me to stick with the wrist application method for awhile.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@kross8 - I've never heard of that wrist ribbon method with eliquid before. What gave you the idea to try that? I've heard of people putting a drop or 2 on the inside of their lip every few hours, but never on their skin.

ETA: Also, if I jumped my nic mg up by 10mg all at once...I think I'd be ready to jump out of my skin nerve-wise or hyper-wise. :shock:
It didn't affect you like that?

I could see why your juices would taste better at a much lower nic mg. I notice a slight difference in mine just upping it 1mg. They still taste great, but I'd imagine 10mg would make a bigger difference to me, too.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I've never heard of that wrist ribbon method with eliquid before. What made you even think of trying that?

ETA: Also, if I jumped my nic mg up by 10mg all at once...I think I'd be ready to jump out of my skin nerve-wise or hyper-wise. It didn't affect you like that? I could see why your juices would taste better, too, at a much lower nic mg.
the skin on your inner wrist, your throat and the top of your feet (and your groin) are very thin and will absorb whatever you are applying.......i found that when i was looking into 'under the tongue' method,, but worried about a gag reflex. remember the patch is applied to your skin as well,, they advise the thick part of your skin so you dont get the nic all at once.

edit,,i was searching the web about nic and fat,, found some really old body builders posts talking about it helping them to burn fat,,, their biggest problem was they didn't seem to know nic comes in liquid form,, they could have used it the same way i am now...............they were smoking or using dip/skoal

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
the skin on your inner wrist, your throat and the top of your feet (and your groin) are very thin and will absorb whatever you are applying.......i found that when i was looking into 'under the tongue' method,, but worried about a gag reflex. remember the patch is applied to your skin as well,, they advise the thick part of your skin so you dont get the nic all at once.

edit,,i was searching the web about nic and fat,, found some really old body builders posts talking about it helping them to burn fat,,, their biggest problem was they didn't seem to know nic comes in liquid form,, they could have used it the same way i am now...............they were smoking or using dip/skoal

Very interesting! I think I'll try that today! Thanks for the info!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
@kross8 - I've never heard of that wrist ribbon method with eliquid before. What gave you the idea to try that? I've heard of people putting a drop or 2 on the inside of their lip every few hours, but never on their skin.

ETA: Also, if I jumped my nic mg up by 10mg all at once...I think I'd be ready to jump out of my skin nerve-wise or hyper-wise. :shock:
It didn't affect you like that?

I could see why your juices would taste better at a much lower nic mg. I notice a slight difference in mine just upping it 1mg. They still taste great, but I'd imagine 10mg would make a bigger difference to me, too.

What makes lower nic juice more flavorful?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

IMO it works the same way as using less Jack Daniels would...in glass of JD and Coke. If I lower the amount of Jack in it...I taste the Coke in it better.

Same thing with eliquid = lower the nic, taste more of the flavorings in it.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
IMO it works the same way as using less Jack Daniels would...in glass of JD and Coke. If I lower the amount of Jack in it...I taste the Coke in it better.

Same thing with eliquid = lower the nic, taste more of the flavorings in it.

Good point!

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
nic doesn't taste good,,to me. mine is very clear and still tastes harsh no matter what brand i use.......that harsh flavor is also how i went from 24mg to 0,, as my taste buds 'healed' they didn't like nic flavor.

on another note,, many people who vape ,, only vape with nic and base and no flavors,, because it is very similar to an actual cig. to them.

Users who are viewing this thread