ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
Union Mills NC

Leo Bak

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2015
Netherlands
Hi fellow preppers :) I have a question, who has used a solar charger battery pack to charge vape gear? I use Provari Radius and wondering if it is even possible to charge it with a solar charged battery pack?? I also have other passthru/s for in a pinch and cartos, but wondering if anyone has tried it? With all these hurricanes, fires and threats of electric grid shut downs, I would like to be covered just in case. Any bug out experience with using vape gear?? Thanks!
I'm using USB solar panels for that purpose. The latest one i tried is pretty good actually, made by Allpowers, an 18V/21W panel, that claims to deliver up to 25% under direct (strong) sunlight. Costs something like $60.
1497929949091821090.jpg

ALLPOWERS 18V 21W Folding Solar Charging Bag with USB -$66.39 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

I either connect a mod to it or a 18650 powerbank like this excellent $10 Tomo. They come as various models with different input connectors:
1498422765036412039.jpg

TOMO T4 4 x 18650 Li-ion Battery DIY Smart Power Charger -$11.79 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Charging the Tomo packed with two LG HG2 18650 batteries will take about 6 to 8 hours, in Holland, i can imagine it could go faster with more sunlight.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Hi fellow preppers :) I have a question, who has used a solar charger battery pack to charge vape gear? I use Provari Radius and wondering if it is even possible to charge it with a solar charged battery pack?? I also have other passthru/s for in a pinch and cartos, but wondering if anyone has tried it? With all these hurricanes, fires and threats of electric grid shut downs, I would like to be covered just in case. Any bug out experience with using vape gear?? Thanks!
I bought one and it took a long time to charge. Mine was cheap tho

Reactions: ChelsB

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I just got a new battery charger. Xtar VP2. Figured I needed a backup. I've had my original Luc 2 since I started vaping and it's still going fine. Both of them do USB power out.

You can still have some fun after you finish stocking up. Soon I'll need some more flavorings. But I get them from Florida so it might be a while.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I'm still hoarding. It doesn't take up that much space. Is the most important ingredient still unmentionable in this forum? No problem. I bought the plastic bolt mod, tons of them, too many to count, 2-3 every couple of months, the original one piece, the super cheap one, in which you drop an 18650 battery and screw on the thick coil base. I only bought black ones. The price has gone up. I used them for a while to make sure I wanted to stockpile them. The setup vapes about like the old starter kit ego-T 3.7 volt. I'll go back to them if the Eleafs I currently have in rotation ever die. I don't think they ever will, and then I have two back-up Eleafs ready for when they do. I have boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes of 1.6ohm ohm Aspire BVC replacement coils for my countless unopened Aspire ET-S, still the best glassomizer I ever used, and still love, love love, and use every day. Are they still called glassomizers? It's been a long time since I posted.

Oh yeah, and those little adapter thingies so my Aspire glassomizers fit the plastic bolt mod. I like the ones with the flange. Each glassomizer gets its own, to reduce the fidget factor.

I bought some wire, tools and cotton, and downloaded videos on rebuilding the Aspire Nautilus coil, and then I gave up on that. I never liked the Nautilus as much as I like the totally reliable Aspire ET-S, so I decided to just buy bunches of coils every months while they're on the market. But I still have the wire, the tools and the cotton.

I will continue stocking up on things, more mods, more tanks, more coils. Clove is my ADV, which is easy to brew. I'm soaking up this discussion of solar rechargers. You never know, and I don't like disruptions. Working at home, every day in a smoke free, clean smelling environment, is such a simple pleasure that means so much.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I just got a new battery charger. Xtar VP2. Figured I needed a backup. I've had my original Luc 2 since I started vaping and it's still going fine. Both of them do USB power out.

You can still have some fun after you finish stocking up. Soon I'll need some more flavorings. But I get them from Florida so it might be a while.

But when one considers themselves done and finishes stocking up sure varies!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

leftyandsparky