Are you done stocking up?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
that's something i always wanted to do is live off the power grid

Yeah, me too... Until I got elderly. That's a lot of work right there. When I was younger, I had vague notions of running away to join the Rainbow People, as well, so glad I decided on college instead.... :)

I am "stocked up" in the sense I have pretty much everything I "need" for the foreseeable future to get by, vaping. Certain things might become more difficult, but I wouldn't have to grow tobacco and then extract nicotine from it, or anything. I WOULD probably run out of flavoring (meh, you can get by) and would be far more into rebuildables than I am now. But, I am "stocked up" my only real necessities would end up being batteries (probably, those would be hard to get) but I have a fair number and it always seems like ONE thing or the other might be useful, but really, I have what I need, generally speaking. This helps turn off the shinyitis. Heck, if I "have what I need" I really don't need to buy One More Thing until I meet my specified 6 month goal.... It's a good feeling, even though I mighta gone slower if I knew deeming was going to disappear. But, given the catastrophes in the weather these days, I'm glad the husband has something of a "prepper" mentality in general, etc, and catastrophes tend to be when I want to smoke, well, vape now, the most.

Anna

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
My stocking up funds took a serious hit yesterday. Gonna have to go to the store Saturday and get a 25lb bag of beans, a lot of tortillas, and some popcorn, yeah, that outta last us for awhile. Mmmm, a bean and popcorn burrito, nom, nom.
Escape.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay... until I got Lazier... then. :lol: I'm happy to be a young whippersnapper in someone's eyes. I did think for a long time that I wouldn't make it to 30, but I was leading a rather unhealthy lifestyle for a while there, so glad the accidental kid came along and basically saved my life.

I do feel *better* vaping at 43 than I did smoking at 23, and trust me, while smoking at 42, I looked OLD. I have pictures that I made the husband promise to delete-- I'm quite sure he didn't-- since I was so wrinkled and wizened.

I have noticed a younger style of man checking me out, though. That's probably (honestly) the best barometer. During taking the kid to various food pantries (during the time I had no teef/dentures) an older homeless man tried really hard to get me to accompany him somewhere :lol::lol:. My dignity and self-esteem took a rather large hit I'm afraid, :lol::lol:, I really had to give myself a pep talk.

Losing wrinkles is the accidental side-effect of vaping I enjoy the most though... Apart from, you know, being able to breathe and such, the major ones. :)

Anna

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Heck, if I "have what I need" I really don't need to buy One More Thing until I meet my specified 6 month goal.... I
6 months?! That's just normal everyday stock, not vapocalypse stock. That's just making sure you have backups and such.

I'm stocked up for 20 years! And, I doubt I'll even live that long. So, probably stocked up for life.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No no, I mean I have a goal to not buy anything more until I hit 6 months smoke *FREE*. OMG, no, I have enough nic in my freezer to last me at LEAST a decade, and I'm probably underestimating. :) I also have tons of wire, and wicking material, but with what I have, I'd be fine (I am guessing) (provided I had batts, which I have a smaller stockpile of) for at least 20 years! If it lasts that long.... Let's see, a liter of 100 mg/ml a gallon of 60 mg/ml and I'm still working on my FIRST purchase, which was a 100 mg/ml bottle of 60 milliiters to test out the nic from NicRiver.

Heaven's no, 6 months wouldn't work for me! But reminding myself I have what I need is HELPING me get to 6 months with no purchases... LOL.

Anna

ETA: I have quite a lot of rebuildable MTL RTAs, mods, premade coils and etc., as well, I just refuse to count them, though I have more or less PIF any tanks that I bought early on that I will Just Not Use. That part's good.... I'll probably count everything on Organization Day, which can't come soon enough...

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
My stocking up funds took a serious hit yesterday. Gonna have to go to the store Saturday and get a 25lb bag of beans, a lot of tortillas, and some popcorn, yeah, that outta last us for awhile. Mmmm, a bean and popcorn burrito, nom, nom.
View attachment 685955

Congrats on the new car!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Ok so here is this thread again...am I done stocking up? I am not sure when I was utilizing this thread daily. During one of the mass hysteria's of "vaping will become unavailable to me."
I now have a large box, like the kind you would buy for moving (because I did) and it is half full of every kind of spare part for every kind of rig/tank/mod I was using BEFORE.
BEFORE applies to anything I have outgrown and moved past. Lemo's, Subtank Mini's, Kayfuns, Cloupor's, VTC's, Vamo's to only name a few. I have glass and more glass to use should any of these tanks I NEVER use break. I have screws and orings galore.I have new, semi new, only used a few times and part way new mods that use 1 battery and I doubt I will ever go back to one battery mods.
I am NOT stocking up on anything else except back ups for my back ups of whatever I am currently using.
If the sky shall fall I can find something in all of this to vape.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Stocking up seems best suited for those who have found a sweet spot and aren't on the hunt much any more. If it wasn't for the FDA, most vapers wouldn't have given stockpiling a thought. New advancements were frequent and fun, so why have multiple anything?

Even though I'm satisfied with my setups, the idea of no new choices got me interested in some newer devices over the last year that are now in my rotation. That last chance mentality combined with blowout sales kicked into overdrive for a while. Yeah, I bought too many attys and tanks I'll likely never use, but they were only a few bucks. Maybe the cost of a couple cartons for that peace of mind.

Count me among those of us who need to thin the herd a bit. I even have broken stuff I'll never get around to tinkering with.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Ok so here is this thread again...am I done stocking up? I am not sure when I was utilizing this thread daily. During one of the mass hysteria's of "vaping will become unavailable to me."
I now have a large box, like the kind you would buy for moving (because I did) and it is half full of every kind of spare part for every kind of rig/tank/mod I was using BEFORE.
BEFORE applies to anything I have outgrown and moved past. Lemo's, Subtank Mini's, Kayfuns, Cloupor's, VTC's, Vamo's to only name a few. I have glass and more glass to use should any of these tanks I NEVER use break. I have screws and orings galore.I have new, semi new, only used a few times and part way new mods that use 1 battery and I doubt I will ever go back to one battery mods.
I am NOT stocking up on anything else except back ups for my back ups of whatever I am currently using.
If the sky shall fall I can find something in all of this to vape.

Subtank minis are the BEST!!!! [emoji4]

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Subtank minis are the BEST!!!! [emoji4]
I have 3 of them!!!!! One I have on Evic Mini which run Unflavored ONLY, second on my Luggy 60 for flavored juices and one in my SubBox starter kit that is not even opened..... Time to pick up some replacement glass for them. :D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No no, I mean I have a goal to not buy anything more until I hit 6 months smoke *FREE*. OMG, no, I have enough nic in my freezer to last me at LEAST a decade, and I'm probably underestimating. :) I also have tons of wire, and wicking material, but with what I have, I'd be fine (I am guessing) (provided I had batts, which I have a smaller stockpile of) for at least 20 years! If it lasts that long.... Let's see, a liter of 100 mg/ml a gallon of 60 mg/ml and I'm still working on my FIRST purchase, which was a 100 mg/ml bottle of 60 milliiters to test out the nic from NicRiver.

Heaven's no, 6 months wouldn't work for me! But reminding myself I have what I need is HELPING me get to 6 months with no purchases... LOL.

Anna

ETA: I have quite a lot of rebuildable MTL RTAs, mods, premade coils and etc., as well, I just refuse to count them, though I have more or less PIF any tanks that I bought early on that I will Just Not Use. That part's good.... I'll probably count everything on Organization Day, which can't come soon enough...
It's astounding how much you have for having just started! I had been vaping for 2 years before I even started to stock up.

But, back then there was no rush. The deeming announcement didn't happen until I had been vaping for 5 years or so. So, even when I did first start at about 2 years, it was just nicotine and a few RBAs.

Boy, have times changed.
Stocking up seems best suited for those who have found a sweet spot and aren't on the hunt much any more. If it wasn't for the FDA, most vapers wouldn't have given stockpiling a thought. New advancements were frequent and fun, so why have multiple anything?

Even though I'm satisfied with my setups, the idea of no new choices got me interested in some newer devices over the last year that are now in my rotation. That last chance mentality combined with blowout sales kicked into overdrive for a while. Yeah, I bought too many attys and tanks I'll likely never use, but they were only a few bucks. Maybe the cost of a couple cartons for that peace of mind.

Count me among those of us who need to thin the herd a bit. I even have broken stuff I'll never get around to tinkering with.
Surprisingly I have very little that I've needed to thin out. But, I really like old-school.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I joined when deeming was still getting dire predictions from everyone, so I figured I'd better stock up. The minute I did, Gottleib wandered onto the scene. I don't mind that I'm stocked up but were I to do it all over again, I'd probably have gone much slower, but I was in a "O sheesh, this is working for me, better make sure it works 4ever." I'm not sorry to have my stashes, but yes, it has slowed down my "I should buy All the Things," mode, that's for sure. I spent a fair amount, but it's actually motivating me to keep vaping, the Husband would KILL me, LOL, he was tolerant of my stocking up, but won't be if I return to smoking.

Since my Creator knows how I think, as well as what motivates me, maybe it was good that it happened that way, who knows. :) I could still pay all my bills and all (barely) but between helping the kiddo out until he found work for a few months, then vaping, I'm giving myself a nice amount of time to just... Let my savings accumulate, LOL.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Anyone who has vaping things that aren't your favorites now, or that you just flat out don't/won't use...could look at it all in a different way. At least with that stuff, you DO have something to show for your money spent, and you could always put it on the classifieds on here. There are people who DO still use old school vaping stuff, and/or the more recent things that you decided you don't like. Sell some of it and recoup some of your money!

Plus...if you were still smoking and had spent that money on cigarettes instead...what you'd have would be just a bunch of butts and ashes that aren't worth a single penny to anyone! :thumbs:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Anyone who has vaping things that aren't your favorites now, or that you just flat out don't/won't use...could look at it all in a different way. At least with that stuff, you DO have something to show for your money spent, and you could always put it on the classifieds on here. There are people who DO still use old school vaping stuff, and/or the more recent things that you decided you don't like. Sell some of it and recoup some of your money!

Plus...if you were still smoking and had spent that money on cigarettes instead...what you'd have would be just a bunch of butts and ashes that aren't worth a single penny to anyone! :thumbs:

I'm SSOO glad to see you! I was getting worried that you had major problems from the hurricane!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

Hi J.C., how are you? I hope you weathered Irma without damages.

TravelinGirl

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2009
The South
Many moons ago when we were busy stocking up before the regs hit, there was a lengthy discussion in here about Subtank mini. I thought, key words here, I thought, I had bookmarked the Fastech sku for the replacement glass. Well, heck if I can find it now :) Could someone in the know be so kind to link me to the Fastech sku for the Subtank mini replacement glass please? TYIA

Users who are viewing this thread