Are you done stocking up?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Winding my own coils is going to be a bigger learning curve I think.
I also use pre made coils and thought that winding my own was going to be somewhat difficult, but it really isn't. I use a jig tool and wind tight then just heat and squeeze them for even coil burn and that's it. Not so bad at all. :)

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Get an Optimizer. Great for detail work and pulling splinters.
    View attachment 582231
    You won't believe this but I already have one of those. Doesn't work too well with my astigmatism, cataracts and farsightedness :lol:
    I cheated and used pre wired coils. 2 came with it and those were awful, falling apart so I used some others and got it to work. I still don't like them as much as nautilus or cartos but I have it if I need it. Will dig out the zaps soon. Figured out one thing I don't have is good tweezers to shove that wick down.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I also use pre made coils and thought that winding my own was going to be somewhat difficult, but it really isn't. I use a jig tool and wind tight then just heat and squeeze them for even coil burn and that's it. Not so bad at all. :)
    Before there were pre made coils, I did them but never liked it. Too fiddly and I hated the mesh that was all that was available early on. I would rather have someone with better eyesight make them and they are cheap.

ravnhaus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 2, 2015
    You won't believe this but I already have one of those. Doesn't work too well with my astigmatism, cataracts and farsightedness :lol:
    I cheated and used pre wired coils. 2 came with it and those were awful, falling apart so I used some others and got it to work. I still don't like them as much as nautilus or cartos but I have it if I need it. Will dig out the zaps soon. Figured out one thing I don't have is good tweezers to shove that wick down.
    A decent set of tweezers are a must. Wet the wick and then shape it to specs. Leave some room around the air intake. If it doesn't work well try again. Cotton is cheap. I had a couple of fails on first attempt, but also had great results early on. So much tastier than screw-in atomizers. They last a lot longer as well.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I love my griffin running on some pre-coiled wires at .26 ohm and 45 watts. I also have a gemini running at 0.6ohm on the included coils that I was going to put some of those pre-coiled wires in to bring down the ohms but I decided to run to the local vape shop and grab some twisted coils to try in it and my griffin both. These are my first two RTAs and wicking was a learning experience to say the least. Winding my own coils is going to be a bigger learning curve I think.

My same exact first two RTA's haha. I'm going to need more but I don't feel rushed to pick them up before 8/8 unless there's mega sales. Griffin sure did chug through a tank of juice today though, don't know if tank or me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    What I started to find out a year ago is that mixing and rebuilding provide the best vaping experience AND the lowest cost AND is necessary for stockpiling. All I have to do different is buy some extra stuff incase government interferes with supply. It's not all that much extra either.

I took a picture of the stuff I actually use every time I rebuild. I need the pliers and screw driver only to trap the leads on the SV rda I favor. If I was building on a Tugboat I would only need the little hex wrench for the grub screws.
    20160722_191353%2Bsv%2Brebuild.jpg

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
    Heck no....but...Im attempting to be generous here. When Im in HK, I deal with different issues.
    (too many smokers mainly, too few vapers)...but back int he states this year, its a nightmare.
    I still havent completely understood what this means for personal import, what I can buy and bring with me
    from one locale to another (not in business)...but more over, this FDA cripe must be turned around in the next two years.
    I worry that A billion lives, the journalists, the US media arent giving nearly enough attention.
    For stocking up...my last FT order sent all the wrong coils..but worst case scenario...yes Ive got
    mixers, wires, cottons and plenty unopened RBAs....so I'd get through any storm until back in Asia.
    :)
    the hype is the Americans misdirection imho...you're states taxes may change...but what you buy today you'll be
    able to buy (perhaps from fewer B&Ms) in september, (perhaps with higher taxes)...
    I'd rather see the same energy going into letters to representatives, petitiions, local news stories from vapers who've quit and had lives saved...etc.
    time for ALL VAPERS to be LOUD!
    :-x

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Heck no....but...Im attempting to be generous here. When Im in HK, I deal with different issues.
    (too many smokers mainly, too few vapers)...but back int he states this year, its a nightmare.
    I still havent completely understood what this means for personal import, what I can buy and bring with me
    from one locale to another (not in business)...but more over, this FDA cripe must be turned around in the next two years.
    I worry that A billion lives, the journalists, the US media arent giving nearly enough attention.
    For stocking up...my last FT order sent all the wrong coils..but worst case scenario...yes Ive got
    mixers, wires, cottons and plenty unopened RBAs....so I'd get through any storm until back in Asia.
    the hype is the Americans misdirection imho...you're states taxes may change...but what you buy today you'll be
    able to buy (perhaps from fewer B&Ms) in september, (perhaps with higher taxes)...
    I'd rather see the same energy going into letters to representatives, petitiions, local news stories from vapers who've quit and had lives saved...etc.
    Speaking for myself, I have done as much as I can do. I wrote, signed petitions, contacted vendors, family, friends; posted on fb, supported various groups financially. I am tired, will continue doing what I can but I am taking care of myself at this point. I personally don't think writing letters is very effective, I worked in government long enough to know they round file most of them without even reading them..or their aides/secretaries screen them and send you a form letter.

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Speaking for myself, I have done as much as I can do. I wrote, signed petitions, contacted vendors, family, friends; posted on fb, supported various groups financially. I am tired, will continue doing what I can but I am taking care of myself at this point. I personally don't think writing letters is very effective, I worked in government long enough to know they round file most of them without even reading them..or their aides/secretaries screen them and send you a form letter.
    Oh, and never to be overlooked may I please say THANK YOU so very much!
    For all the ECF activists, the CASAA activists, the individual members here that've
    done their best to be heard and (yet to be) protected from their government.
    We cannot slack for a minute, we must keep the pressure up!
    The next 24 months for Vaping will be most critical EVER! :)

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio

You are preaching to the choir here.
    One thing is not exclusive of the other, fighting for our vaping future and stocking up, it's not either or.

I would venture to say the active community on ECF is very much involved doing what we can to get the word out, giving financial support to CASAA, lawsuits, research (have you?) and letting our voices be heard not only against the FDA deeming but also individual States as the need arises.

I for one refuse to pay higher taxes to vape and feed the pockets of a government that is set to wipe out an entire industry that has the potential to save millions of lives, so I am stocking up now.
    Personally, I don't believe for a moment the documentary A Billion Lives is the end all some want or believe it to be, if it has any impact on what is happening in the US now I would be very surprised, but, I have thrown my support behind it as well as any other venture that takes a stand against the current war on vaping.

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    You are preaching to the choir here.
    One thing is not exclusive of the other, fighting for our vaping future and stocking up, it's not either or.

I would venture to say the active community on ECF is very much involved doing what we can to get the word out, giving financial support to CASAA, lawsuits, research (have you?) and letting our voices be heard not only against the FDA deeming but also individual States as the need arises.

I for one refuse to pay higher taxes to vape and feed the pockets of a government that is set to wipe out an entire industry that has the potential to save millions of lives, so I am stocking up now.
    Personally, I don't believe for a moment the documentary A Billion Lives is the end all some want or believe it to be, if it has any impact on what is happening in the US now I would be very surprised, but, I have thrown my support behind it as well as any other venture that takes a stand against the current war on vaping.
    Only at 10-20hours per week for last 5 years...truth is IM not retired yet... just very emotionally
    involved.

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Nice job! I've been vaping on my first self dual coiled Griffin all day and I feel pretty awesome about it.
    Congrats!! Ive got the 2 RBA's built and ready to soak...but havent needed to fire them up yet
    I:thumb:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5

Yes, will just take some practice like learning to wick did. I get a coil master kit with a jig (2 actually lol, forgot I bought one from amazon then bought one locally for a fair price) and plenty of wire to practice with.

Who has the best price on the Griffin's. I did a google search but those that came up were all sold out.
    :(

I got mine (quick from eciggity) but it was around $28.

Check fasttech

Their website is having a hickup moment.
    I did find this tho.
    Griffin RTA by Geek Vape $19.99

FT is definitely cheaper if you don't mind the overseas wait.

quittingvegas

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I am well prepared to continue vaping without interuption for a few years. But now that we are down to the wire I have family (finally) intrested in switching over. My problem is, I have no idea what to recommend. Obviously replaceable batteries and rebuildables are the way to go. But not sure they can handle that. I need something that can just pop in coils now but be rebuildable at a later point.

Sorry for being long-winded my point is:
    What would you suggest a newbie in these trying times.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2016
    I am well prepared to continue vaping without interuption for a few years. But now that we are down to the wire I have family (finally) intrested in switching over. My problem is, I have no idea what to recommend. Obviously replaceable batteries and rebuildables are the way to go. But not sure they can handle that. I need something that can just pop in coils now but be rebuildable at a later point.

Sorry for being long-winded my point is:
    What would you suggest a newbie in these trying times.
    The subtank minis can use replaceable coils but they also come with an rba. I can't vouch for the coils because I've always just used the rba.

Users who are viewing this thread