Are you done stocking up?

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I got everything but a blinking neon sign on my package from DFW Vapor, lol. It was a very large, very noticeable sticker that announced "Cigarettes and vapor products: Texas law prohibits shipping to individuals under 18 years of age and requires that payment of all applicable taxes". I assume this is a State of Texas requirement.

Provape's did say "Provape" but was discreet. Wish I'd paid more attention to my other packages.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
If everything that applied to cigarettes automatically applied to e-cigarettes, then I would think the FDA would have had no need to have new regulations for e-cigs. I expect the definition of 'e-cigarette' to be consistent between the federal and state governments. JMO.

Laws specifically stated for cigarettes (look for the definition within the law of a cigarette) do not apply to ecigs. Law's written specifically for "tobacco products" (look at the definition of a tobacco product within the law) may automatically include our ecigs depending upon the definition.

The other thing to consider is if its a "law" needing a legislative directive to make changes OR a regulation that can simply be changed by rewriting it without need for legislation.

Honestly that's where our biggest problem with the FED lies Vandal. The FED did impose pretty much the same rules on our ecigs as they already had on cigarettes. Since they aren't "exactly" the same thing they did have to define a few things but basically we have the same rules. We aren't the same, we need a different classification that doesnt exist right now if they are going to insist on regulating us.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Just caught up with this thread and my head hurts. I got nervous and made 2 more FT orders. Hope they make it along with the 1 that is now in CA.
My order from FT on the 18th processed thru beijing on the 24th... No updates since then so I assume it's on a boat right about now.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I keep loading carts at various places and then emptying them. I really really don't need anything else to keep vaping for the rest of my life. I may still pick up a few more packages of the rubber insulators for my protank coils but if I was honest with myself I think I even have enough of them. I still have a few things in my fasttech cart but I really don't need anything from there either. It is just hard to accept the fact that my vape mail days are coming to an end. :(

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I did warn the new preppers to order the nicotine base NOW to have it in tge Pipeline before DDay.

I chose USPS 2 day instead of FREE shipping on my 2 liter 100mg nic order today. For that reason, and the fact that I'll be on at the beach on vacation in two weeks. Sometimes, free shipping takes a while to get out the door. Even with the weekend lag mine should be here by the middle of next week, a few days before 8-8-16.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I keep loading carts at various places and then emptying them. I really really don't need anything else to keep vaping for the rest of my life. I may still pick up a few more packages of the rubber insulators for my protank coils but if I was honest with myself I think I even have enough of them. I still have a few things in my fasttech cart but I really don't need anything from there either. It is just hard to accept the fact that my vape mail days are coming to an end. :(

It's hard not to order for the sake of overkill. I keep going through my gear and asking myself, "Is 3 of each of my favorite RBA's enough? How many years will it take to wear out 13 Stainless Steel Atomizers? Can I get the right o-rings and screws at the hardware store? What have I not thought of?"

It goes on and on. Now, I have to go and buy a tiny freezer to keep 2 liters of 100mg nic base. I'd never hear the end of it if one leaked in our 21 cubic foot food freezer!

Anyone know of a small, low cost freezer that would work for a couple of liters of nic? When I search, everything is $150 and over. Seems like a lot to pay for keeping a couple of liters of nic cold.

I gave away a 12 CF chest freezer a year ago when we bought a new 21CF upright. Shucks! I could have just moved it to my basement workshop.

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY

At this point I'd have no problem placing an order today, or this coming weekend with a US vendor for something they have in stock. After that I'd prefer to let the dust settle for two/three weeks and see where we are actually at before rushing out to place an order either in or out of the county.

Same here mattiem, I'm fine, no needs and few wants on my list, but its really frustrating and upsetting to imagine the real possibility of not being able to order what I want, whenever I want, from where ever I choose. :( :cry:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
It's hard not to order for the sake of overkill. I keep going through my gear and asking myself, "Is 3 of each of my favorite RBA's enough? How many years will it take to wear out 13 Stainless Steel Atomizers? Can I get the right o-rings and screws at the hardware store? What have I not thought of?"

It goes on and on. Now, I have to go and buy a tiny freezer to keep 2 liters of 100mg nic base. I'd never hear the end of it if one leaked in our 21 cubic foot food freezer!

Anyone know of a small, low cost freezer that would work for a couple of liters of nic? When I search, everything is $150 and over. Seems like a lot to pay for keeping a couple of liters of nic cold.

I went with a 5 cu ft insignia from Best Buy for $150 (free delivery) but I didn't yet have a chest freezer. Broken down and boxed up it takes the lower well and leaves plenty of room for some other light stuff on top of it (I will be putting something on top of the nice box that is light/flat to disperse the weight of food) like tv dinners, frozen veggies, etc.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I went with a 5 cu ft insignia from Best Buy for $150 (free delivery) but I didn't yet have a chest freezer. Broken down and boxed up it takes the lower well and leaves plenty of room for some other light stuff on top of it (I will be putting something on top of the nice box that is light/flat to disperse the weight of food) like tv dinners, frozen veggies, etc.

I think I'll probably roll my 2 liters in bubble wrap, double zip lock them, and find a place in the main freezer.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have gone over everything in my mind and the only real concern for me is not being able to get coils for the kabuki/nautilus. That and like others said, just the fact that I can't order when/what I want.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    its no dif than some of us hitting up Sally's for rayon,,, and the hair dressers are looking at us kind of funny :)
    Don't even get me started on funny looks at Sally's haha.I am a guy with a beard,long hair,and tattoo's.The looks i got as soon as i walked through the door were priceless.The customers didn't know what to think,and i'm fairly certain the cashier probably thought i was going to rob her,i seen her scoot closer to the phone when i walked in haha.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have gone over everything in my mind and the only real concern for me is not being able to get coils for the kabuki/nautilus. That and like others said, just the fact that I can't order when/what I want.

Now is a good time to stock up on rebuildable atomizers' There are some good deals if you search for particular brands and types. A good start would be Kayfun lite plus V2 and Kayfun 3.1, Squape (R)loaded, Orchid V2 to V4 (ML capacity grows with the number) If you like MTL vaping.

Lemo, Melo and various other's are good for DTL vaping.

Wire will always be available. SS is used for wire tying and flower arranging. Nichrome and Kanthal are used in hair dryers and toasters.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Don't even get me started on funny looks at Sally's haha.I am a guy with a beard,long hair,and tattoo's.The looks i got as soon as i walked through the door were priceless.The customers didn't know what to think,and i'm fairly certain the cashier probably thought i was going to rob her,i seen her scoot closer to the phone when i walked in haha.

Being a musician I'm used to that look! My favorite bass player rides up on a Harley in jeans and boots, a vest with patches, and a beard. No tattoos though. His Mom wouldn't allow it when he was young and he still has none. He's one of the best friends I have, but don't push him too hard or he'll bite.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Now is a good time to stock up on rebuildable atomizers' There are some good deals if you search for particular brands and types. A good start would be Kayfun lite plus V2 and Kayfun 3.1, Squape (R)loaded, Orchid V2 to V4 (ML capacity grows with the number) If you like MTL vaping.

Lemo, Melo and various other's are good for DTL vaping.

Wire will always be available. SS is used for wire tying and flower arranging. Nichrome and Kanthal are used in hair dryers and toasters.
    Yeah, I have a bunch of zaps, artic turbos, subox mini, protank, rdas and heck if I remember the others that can be rebuilt. Oh, the Melo is one, I don't like it or the artic turbo; for that matter none of the rebuildables taste as good to me. That is why I am worrying over the nauti coils. I just read on another thread that you could probably rebuild the nauti with these:
    $2.83 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 4-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2013
    Sans Nom, USA
    Just got another package from FT delivered. I don't think I'll need to touch anything in it for at least 5 years. I'm getting really close to being done on tried and true tanks (kayfun style), drippers, and loads of parts. I counted some items and I felt insane but happy at the same time...

I have 28 various kayfun lite, v2s, and v3+ bases. 60 acrylic replacement tanks, 15 of the 3 piece kayfun tanks, 15 glass replacements for v3s and v3 minis, countless drip tips/screws/o-rings/top caps/chimneys etc, and more bell caps than I'll ever use. It's like awesome and borderline crazy at the same time.

I'm going to add to it over the next couple years with newer stuff like the v5's and other tanks like the squape and merlin. I'm done with drippers. I have more then I need and the basically don't break.

Reg mods are good for now but I'll add there as well. Mechs are complete. If there is a big sale on cloupors, vtc's, or pico's I'll just pick them up as I see fit. I think I'm 90% done at this point. What an incredibly stressful 10 weeks. I'm kinda over it.

Users who are viewing this thread