Are you done stocking up?

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Not sure, but when I read the import rules, it says importing tobacco products is a restricted item, so the panic is what if customs does not allow vape supplies in on 8-8 when they are deemed tobacco products. We don't know about domestic shipping, but seems it depends on what happens after 8-8 if vape gets added to the list.
I'm just not finding anything about customs and e-cigarettes, other than a page that directs you to the FDA, since e-cigs are not regulated (yet).

Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)

The customs restrictions that I found involve things like counterfeit cigarettes, certain label wording, etc. However, they point out the restrictions laid out in the PACT Act that makes cigarettes and smokeless tobacco non-shippable.

Importing cigarettes products for my personal use
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/936/~/importing-cigarettes-products-for-my-personal-use
Again, I think the PACT Act would have to be amended to include e-cigarettes. If anyone finds anything contradicting what I've been finding, please let us know.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Squirrels, nah. It was this guy when he came to visit me.

274343-06a5a7114dcb1d68baf3f7c8b7629543.jpg

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    hmmm,, changes my thinking of good will donation of my unused hair dryer......dabnabit,,, that thing has vape parts!

Haha I kid you not, I was staring into the back end of my hair dryer this morning. Hmmm, look at those rather large coils. Too bad I couldn't repurpose them. :lol:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I'm just not finding anything about customs and e-cigarettes, other than a page that directs you to the FDA, since e-cigs are not regulated (yet).

Electronic Cigarettes (e-Cigarettes)

The customs restrictions that I found involve things like counterfeit cigarettes, certain label wording, etc. However, they point out the restrictions laid out in the PACT Act that makes cigarettes and smokeless tobacco non-shippable.

Importing cigarettes products for my personal use
    Again, I think the PACT Act would have to be amended to include e-cigarettes. If anyone finds anything contradicting what I've been finding, please let us know.
    That site says all import of electronic cigarettes questions go to the FDA, so whatever FDA says on 8-8 affects imports and Customs will have to follow what FDA says on the matter. So right now who knows!

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Our local radio talk show host, who is also a vaper has not mentioned one word of any of this. He is very outspoken and to the point and opinionated about most things but nothing about deeming regs.

Why don't you email him to ask him about your concerns? If he only buys from B&Ms, it's possible he's unaware of the nastier parts of the Deeming Regulations.

That's what I did with one of our local stations. I got a 20-minute Q&A with the talk show host. This was on a 10,000 watt AM station that reaches about 3,000,000 Chicagoland residents.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I asked support at FT if they were anticipating any problem with shipping to the US. They said they didn't know and advised me ask Customs here for clarification.

Also asked about the "discreet shipping option". They said "we usually mark the package as "gift" and put "gadgets, tools, electronic parts" in the description of goods field on the shipping label". Discreet shipping just means they don't put their company logo on the package. Not sure if that is better or not.

Seems like this would mean Customs have no way of identifying vaping packages without opening them. I imagine there's a lot more non-vaping packages than vaping packages coming through with the same description.

I've never received a FT shipment yet, and I don't know how Customs work. Could be there is some other paperwork accompanying a package in addition to the labels on the package, that lists the contents in detail.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    I asked support at FT if they were anticipating any problem with shipping to the US. They said they didn't know and advised me ask Customs here for clarification.

Also asked about the "discreet shipping option". They said "we usually mark the package as "gift" and put "gadgets, tools, electronic parts" in the description of goods field on the shipping label". Discreet shipping just means they don't put their company logo on the package. Not sure if that is better or not.

Seems like this would mean Customs have no way of identifying vaping packages without opening them. I imagine there's a lot more non-vaping packages than vaping packages coming through with the same description.

I've never received a FT shipment yet, and I don't know how Customs work. Could be there is some other paperwork accompanying a package in addition to the labels on the package, that lists the contents in detail.

Yep, there's paperwork besides just the package when shipping internationally :(

Reactions: bnrkwest

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Going to grab some of this tomorrow to try. Got a sallys right around the corner and so far only been using organic cotton.
    You can get the same stuff on Amazon. But boxes look the same. One has cotton fibers. The other is Rayon fibers.

Go to Sally's hold the box and check for 100% Rayon.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    DISCREET SHIPPING

This post is about domestic discreet shipping.

My wife is convinced that the only way the U.S. will deal with the $19 trillion national debt is by flooding the economy with dollars, thereby causing massive inflation.

So, every month or so, she places an order with a company that sells bulk circulated silver coins. She particularly likes 50¢ Walking Liberties.

The company she deals with uses a bunch of different names. The last one was something like "Denver Tool and Die." And every shipment comes from a different P.O. box, sometimes located in a different town.

Doing this saves them — and her! — a ton in insurance. Who swipes boxes with machine parts? :lol:

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    That site says all import of electronic cigarettes questions go to the FDA, so whatever FDA says on 8-8 affects imports and Customs will have to follow what FDA says on the matter. So right now who knows!
    I don't see how the FDA has any authority over the USPS or to amend the PACT Act. However, as I mentioned earlier, there's the possibility they would have customs hold packages for them to search for items that were released after 8/8. I can't think what other grounds they would have.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I don't see how the FDA has any authority over the USPS or to amend the PACT Act. However, as I mentioned earlier, there's the possibility they would have customs hold packages for them to search for items that were released after 8/8. I can't think what other grounds they would have.
    It is because FDA regulates ecigs now, since they say they are tobacco product they fall under tobacco product laws. Right now we don't know if that makes them non importable or shipable, seems they are keeping us all in dark until 8-8, it would be nice if they would let us know but that is not how they operate. Does it now all fall under tobacco control laws? Who knows, very confusing ! I hate this but I know we all do.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    It is because FDA regulates ecigs now, since they say they are tobacco product they fall under tobacco product laws. Right now we don't know if that makes them non importable or shipable, seems they are keeping us all in dark until 8-8, it would be nice if they would let us know but that is not how they operate. Does it now all fall under tobacco control laws? Who knows, very confusing ! I hate this but I know we all do.
    Well, the links to Customs in my previous post indicate what the customs and shipping restrictions are, and neither "tobacco products" nor "e-cigarettes" are included. That's not to say that won't change somehow in the future, but that is how things appear to me to stand now. I don' think the FDA can dictate shipping or customs regulations or amend Acts of government.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    As I understood it, the post earlier today was specifically about co-ops, and that the import rules would apply as the purchases were not for personal use, but for distribution to others. There is the issue of whether every retailer has acquired the proper license to import vaping goods for resale, and ECF could not continue co-ops for imported goods after 8/8 as they would be subject to those new requirements.

We just ran with it from there! Perhaps we are assuming too much, but with what's at stake, it's understandable. I can only guess what may happen after 8/8 and the uncertainty sure can be unnerving.

Hopefully personal orders will continue uninterrupted for some time to come.

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ithaca, NY, USA
    I put in one last order at Fasttech today for some crappy mods that i intend to use while travelling out of the country. Oldschool wired passthroughs. I bought 20 of them to hold me over on trips. I'm hoping i can explain that they are chargers of some sort or another. I do not mind if i have to throw them out upon reentry but figure that these will hold me over exclusively for travel. I also placed an order for two heat vape invader minis in case I decide to go camping and need a more durable mod. I have yet to buy any picos but will plan on doing so if things calm down after 8/8. I know I'm taking a risk but don't really need them. I feel comfortable with my stock now. Just wish I could find an RBA for my PT2 as I do like them, i just really was never happy with my rebuilds of their coils.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    The customs rules say you can't import cigarettes or smokeless tobacco and USPS cannot deliver those items either. So guess we have to wait and see how this shakes out on 8-8. It is the FDA's deeming that gets these other agencies involved because they already have regulations on tobacco. Customs and USPS are all under gov't rules and sadly FDA has total control over tobacco regs. Just wish it was clear so we know what to expect.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    The FDA has been allowed to do this confusing garbage and since given that much power, I suspect they can pretty much dictate how/what happens. Unless a court stops them, they don't seem to care if they are unlawful or unfair. They certainly knew what was in PACT and every other law, rule and regulation since they have been trying to stop vaping for years now. Doesn't seem to slow them down at all.

Users who are viewing this thread