Are you done stocking up?

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
"Victor" live mouse trap ... let the mice go alive ... don't just let em go in your backyard though ... take em down the street to you know who's house.

13fe424c81ece442568d9761b58067d1.jpg

Sent via iPhone

Do you mean this house?

fcfc8ad7b473e75bc3b8fdaf5c33f9bb.500

Or this one?

cat-houses-1.jpg

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
"Victor" live mouse trap ... let the mice go alive ... don't just let em go in your backyard though ... take em down the street to you know who's house.

13fe424c81ece442568d9761b58067d1.jpg

Sent via iPhone
I had a friend whose place got overrun by mice. There was no choice I guess except for the traps (peanut butter and mousetraps). Once the bulk of them were gone, the few that were left, I would watch, and they would romp and tease and play with one another. My heart went out. I caught and released (into a nearby lot) the ones I could.

Anyone here try going from 510 atties to tanks/clearos? I have had no luck. I have tried the Nauti mini and the Endura T22, and they just don't hit the spot. They feel harsh, without giving me that satisfying TH that the atties do. Plus I get headaches every time I draw on them. I think I almost poisoned myself the first time I tried the Nauti. I learned I needed to cut down my nic level (was trying 18mg). I did with the Endura (10mg) and still it's too much- now I have cut it to 6mg and still getting a bit of a headache. BTW, I had to block the air flow on the Endura to get a tight draw. I was surprised I had to resort to that since everywhere I read pointed out the draw was tight. It was too airy for me.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I had a friend whose place got overrun by mice. There was no choice I guess except for the traps (peanut butter and mousetraps). Once the bulk of them were gone, the few that were left, I would watch, and they would romp and tease and play with one another. My heart went out. I caught and released (into a nearby lot) the ones I could.

Anyone here try going from 510 atties to tanks/clearos? I have had no luck. I have tried the Nauti mini and the Endura T22, and they just don't hit the spot. They feel harsh, without giving me that satisfying TH that the atties do. Plus I get headaches every time I draw on them. I think I almost poisoned myself the first time I tried the Nauti. I learned I needed to cut down my nic level (was trying 18mg). I did with the Endura (10mg) and still it's too much- now I have cut it to 6mg and still getting a bit of a headache. BTW, I had to block the air flow on the Endura to get a tight draw. I was surprised I had to resort to that since everywhere I read pointed out the draw was tight. It was too airy for me.

I appreciate your thinking, as I'm sure the mice you saved did.
Very much like us. The differences apparent to any one but a fool. The main one being a lack of vape.

This forum is not the place for an existential debate such as this but kudos to you sir/madam for recognising such obvious traits that we are akin to.
I wonder why more aren't the same...

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
When I was a kid they taught us a ditty to help remember it. And I do still remember it 60 years later.

A pint of pure water weighs a pound and a quarter, a gallon weighs ten pounds.

However, one UK gallon = 1.2 US gallons. If I could still do arithmetic I could figure out what a US gallon of water weighs.

I think I know why you don't like the Nautilus. The coils have more cotton in them then say a eleaf gs air m tank does. Here is an example of one. I just picked a vendor at random to show what I was talking about. They also have better air control on them. You can close the whole tank off if desired.
Eleaf GS Air M

:)

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I think I know why you don't like the Nautilus. The coils have more cotton in them then say a eleaf gs air m tank does. Here is an example of one. I just picked a vendor at random to show what I was talking about. They also have better air control on them. You can close the whole tank off if desired.
Eleaf GS Air M

I drip on a 510 atty. The TH is just different with the clearos. The lower I go with the nic level, the less horrible it is so far, but I just don't see them giving me the satisfaction the atty does. I wonder if an RTA will be the same or different from the 510. I really want to like clearos and tanks since I purchased so many (tanks) for the stockpile. I'm just going to keep adjusting the nic level down, but beyond that, not sure what else to try. If it's too much filler that's the problem as you are suggesting, I have the Kayfuns I need to learn to build coils for. Maybe that will be better?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I drip on a 510 atty. The TH is just different with the clearos. The lower I go with the nic level, the less horrible it is so far, but I just don't see them giving me the satisfaction the atty does. I wonder if an RTA will be the same or different from the 510. I really want to like clearos and tanks since I purchased so many (tanks) for the stockpile. I'm just going to keep adjusting the nic level down, but beyond that, not sure what else to try. If it's too much filler that's the problem as you are suggesting, I have the Kayfuns I need to learn to build coils for. Maybe that will be better?
The filler is why I made the suggestion for the eleaf tank. Even tho the heads on those tanks are small they last a long time and give better flavor than most tanks.

I like the nautilus because it was one of my first tanks after cartos. But I have since leaned more towards the eleaf type tanks because they do have less filler in them. But if you are going to build, altho I haven't learned yet, that may be what does it for you.

As you begin to use the nautilus more - the flavor will get better because the filler becomes more and more saturated. Depending on the juice you are using determines how long they will last. Thinner and lighter colored juice will last longer than dark heavier ones.
I think there are ways to rebuild those coils(in the nautilus) but not for me......way too small.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Have you tried adding vodka to the juice? That pumps up the TH. There is also a flavoring to add to juice that increases TH, can't remember what it is.

I have the opposite problem and can't do a lot of TH, makes me cough. Therefore, I can't do sub-ohm and high wattage.

sketchness

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Have you tried adding vodka to the juice? That pumps up the TH. There is also a flavoring to add to juice that increases TH, can't remember what it is.

I have the opposite problem and can't do a lot of TH, makes me cough. Therefore, I can't do sub-ohm and high wattage.

Flash by Flavor Art. Rumor has it that it is basically pga

grandmato5

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2010
    WNY

I loved 510 attys :wub: and still use them some times. That may be why I love my Reo with its RM2 so much. I could use Protank 2's occasionally but it wasn't until recently that I really started to be ok with more airy tanks. I really like my Aromomizer and Supreme RDTA's for their flavor. I'm also enjoying my Melo III mini for how easy it is to use. I have and can use my Subtank Mini but its not a favorite for me. Its possible that over time and a little more airy draw once in a while you'll decide its not so bad ;) :)

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio

It's not that I'm not getting TH with the clearos, it's just not a pleasing or satisfying TH for me. Another issue I'm having- I'm used to taking very long draws on the atties (something I had to get used to doing when I first started vaping). Lol, not working with this Endura. I'm having to cut my draw time in half on that. Also, I use SR atties, so they are higher resistance and therefor cooler vapes than that Endura's 1.5ohm- don't recall Nauti's coils resistance. Prolly 1.8ohm. So I guess building my own coils, I'll be able to control the resistance as well.

BTW, I'm not using the Endura tank on the Endura mod. 15w just seemed like it might be too much for me, so I have it on another mod at 8w (I'll try upping it to see what happens).

I guess I'd have been fine vaping on my little atties forever, but thanks to the FDA, looks like I might have to be prepared to settle for a less than satisfactory experience. Not looking forward to building and wicking coils at all, but when I do, I'll be shooting for that SR 510 atomizer experience. I do have some RDAs as well- perhaps those will be my best hope.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    It's not that I'm not getting TH with the clearos, it's just not a pleasing or satisfying TH for me. Another issue I'm having- I'm used to taking very long draws on the atties (something I had to get used to doing when I first started vaping). Lol, not working with this Endura. I'm having to cut my draw time in half on that. Also, I use SR atties, so they are higher resistance and therefor cooler vapes than that Endura's 1.5ohm- don't recall Nauti's coils resistance. Prolly 1.8ohm. So I guess building my own coils, I'll be able to control the resistance as well.

BTW, I'm not using the Endura tank on the Endura mod. 15w just seemed like it might be too much for me, so I have it on another mod at 8w (I'll try upping it to see what happens).

I guess I'd have been fine vaping on my little atties forever, but thanks to the FDA, looks like I might have to be prepared to settle for a less than satisfactory experience. Not looking forward to building and wicking coils at all, but when I do, I'll be shooting for that SR 510 atomizer experience. I do have some RDAs as well- perhaps those will be my best hope.

At 1.5 to 1.8 ohm (your mod should tell you) a good hit would come from around 12-14 or 15 watts which I normally use when toodle puffing on the Aerotanks using 1.0hm to 1.8 depending on what's on hand.
    Do 35 watts on the Atlantis, Kayfuns, Fogger, Etc. usually at .5 to 1. ohm depending on how my coils turn out.

I don't see how 8 watts would even heat the coils. It'll vape but wimpy.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    The Endura is a hot Vape, I had to use longer drip tips.
    Luckily, I had ordered a couple of long drip tips and after a few draws on the one that came with the tank, switched it out for one of them. I'd think the top coil would have something to do with that.

At 1.5 to 1.8 ohm (your mod should tell you) a good hit would come from around 12-14 or 15 watts which I normally use when toodle puffing on the Aerotanks using 1.0hm to 1.8 depending on what's on hand.
    Do 35 watts on the Atlantis, Kayfuns, Fogger, Etc. usually at .5 to 1. ohm depending on how my coils turn out.

I don't see how 8 watts would even heat the coils. It'll vape but wimpy.
    I just increased it to 10w. I was expecting something really strong, but it's not hitting as hard as it was at 8 or 8.5 watts. Then I tried 12w. Too hot, so back down to 10w. I'm going to have to wait a while to play around with it more as my headache has gotten worse. I'll have to cut the nic level again I think.

Lol, believe it or not, I have never vaped as high as 10w. :p

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    I just increased it to 10w. I was expecting something really strong, but it's not hitting as hard as it was at 8 or 8.5 watts. Then I tried 12w. Too hot, so back down to 10w. I'm going to have to wait a while to play around with it more as my headache has gotten worse. I'll have to cut the nic level again I think.

Lol, believe it or not, I have never vaped as high as 10w. :p

Yea, I believe it. Get a longer drip tip.
    Throat hit is relative to nic content. Then also if you're used to Attys any tank will seem diff
    until you get used to it.
    Whatever works but for me, right now I'm vaping 1.09 ohms at 15.2 watts
    and it's just right for my 20 mg/ml juice. (80% VG) A while ago I was using a VisonSpinner at 4.8 volts
    running an Areotank Mow at 1.8 ohm and that lacked a little oomph but was acceptable.
    Earlier I had an Atlantis with a .50 Ω coil on a Wismec at 35 watts. Could go higher but I don't like hot vape either.

If you're vaping a 1.5 ohm coil at 8 watts that's 3.4 volts which is just a hair from the lowest setting on a VisonSpinner.

Sorry about your headache. You're spending a lot of time reading,
    have you had your vision checked lately?

Regards,
    Hazy

Users who are viewing this thread