Are you done stocking up?

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
for Nic i used pint (you could use quart size i figure) size canning jars from walmart.. make sure to use the wide mouth 'freezer' jars. dont use the standard canning lids.. get the BPA free lids that usually hang above.. 'white plastic' $8 for 12 jars if memory serves.

for vg/pg,, most of the people i have read just keep those in a cool dark closet/box..i think that is probably fine as they have stored it for years that way
link please? plastic? mason jars sounds good.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
for Nic i used pint (you could use quart size i figure) size canning jars from walmart.. make sure to use the wide mouth 'freezer' jars. dont use the standard canning lids.. get the BPA free lids that usually hang above.. 'white plastic' $8 for 12 jars if memory serves.

for vg/pg,, most of the people i have read just keep those in a cool dark closet/box..i think that is probably fine as they have stored it for years that way
Ok thanks, i just thought plastic jugs were bad for it

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm confused. I thought 1830s were around before vaping which would mean they are not just for vaping which means they will not be labeled as vaping equipment.

I dont know what to do. I mean if they go away, I'll be in trouble cause I dont want to use the 18650s.
It was discussed (on a few threads) right after the deeming regs were released back in May.
I've not seen it mentioned really much since. That's about all I can weigh in on the topic. :(
There's no way to know for awhile. I just wanted to be prepared for anything.
I know you won't want that extra weight though. :(

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well, its for vg and pg, im learning that boston round bottles are expensive. Any ideas what ells i could store a gallon of vg in? Maybe make it last 2 years?

Just the bottles cost more than the vg itself!
How about these? That's what I plan to start using. So far, I've been pouring into leftover PG and VG containers (mostly 4 oz size). But, the spout bottles look so much more practical. Big opening to fill, spout with cap for storing and using.

I don't put my PG/VG in glass. I only put into smaller containers at all so that they're easier to pour. It's hard to control pouring in a heavy gallon container.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
How about these? That's what I plan to start using. So far, I've been pouring into leftover PG and VG containers (mostly 4 oz size). But, the spout bottles look so much more practical. Big opening to fill, spout with cap for storing and using.

I don't put my PG/VG in glass. I only put into smaller containers at all so that they're easier to pour. It's hard to control pouring in a heavy gallon container.
Again, i dont know but i thought plastic is bad for long term storage.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
normal canning jars at your grocer,, Kerr or Ball or Mason get the wide mouth freezer ones and BPA free lids..
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Mason-J...72439325&sr=1-1&keywords=canning+jars+freezer

the lids will be near by,, they look like simple white plastic lids... they are clearly marked BPA free
Thank you, K! I have some of those I bought at Publix
and also 3 with the pressure lid that I'm using to make net.

Are these the lids you mean?
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Regular...9_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=26P693EG46WKKH3SZ0SC

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Ok thanks, i just thought plastic jugs were bad for it
the canning jars are cheap,, if you are only storing your vg/pg for a couple of years i would just buy quarts jars if the plastic storage bothers you.. no 'right/wrong' with either imho.. :)

edit--i remove notes about reg jars so nobody way into the future hurts themself.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Again, i dont know but i thought plastic is bad for long term storage.
If they store PG/VG in storerooms for long periods, I wouldn't worry about it. I would be more worried about the plastic bottles I linked to since I don't know much about the type of pastic.

But, I would only use smaller plastic bottles for short term and wash and dry them between uses.

It may actually be better to use glass. I don't know. But, how many years did the PG/VG sit on the shelf waiting to be bought. I assume it's ok as long as they stay in a cool, dark place.

As far as I know, it's the nic that needs to be protected from plastic for long term storage.

But, I think glass is always better for storage, for anything. I hate to drink from anything but glass. It just doesn't seem quite clean in anything else.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
the canning jars are cheap,, if you are only storing your vg/pg for a couple of years i would just buy quarts jars if the plastic storage bothers you.. no 'right/wrong' with either imho.. :)

edit--i remove notes about reg jars so nobody way into the future hurts themself.
I'm sure @Andromendous is thinking about the plastic containers imparting it's taste
to the VG/PG nic. But as long as the container is in the freezer that won't happen.

I keep liters in the plastic container they came in until I have to open one up
Then I decant in Boston rounds but the idea of using mason jars is very good.

Do mason jars come in 4 oz? That's close to 120ml which would be great.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Well, its for vg and pg, im learning that boston round bottles are expensive. Any ideas what ells i could store a gallon of vg in? Maybe make it last 2 years?

I buy Voss water on occasion and store VG in the cleaned empties. It isn't the cheapest method but I like spring water so for an extra dollar I get an 800ml glass bottle. The wide mouth makes it super easy to fill and dispense.

Edit. I don't break down until I actually open a gallon.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
I'm sure @Andromendous is thinking about the plastic containers imparting it's taste
to the VG/PG nic. But as long as the container is in the freezer that won't happen.

I keep liters in the plastic container they came in until I have to open one up
Then I decant in Boston rounds but the idea of using mason jars is very good.

Do mason jars come in 4 oz? That's close to 120ml which would be great.
i believe the 4oz jars are called jelly jars.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

If you are buying vg in gallon containers, as long as they are in a cool, dark, dry place will last for years. Transfer smaller amts into smaller containers and use as needed.
:)

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Yup. Found them.
https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Jell...id=1472441192&sr=1-3&keywords=4+oz+mason+jars

Now I'm looking for lids, that looks like it may be a mission
i think the 4oz are automatically wide mouth.. here is a link to a combo...but a bit pricy
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Brand-G...1393&sr=1-3&keywords=canning+jars+freezer+4oz

i would go to your local walmart and look at their stock supply.. open a package if you have too.. they will tape it back shut.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
i think the 4oz are automatically wide mouth.. here is a link to a combo...but a bit pricy
https://www.amazon.com/Ball-Brand-G...1393&sr=1-3&keywords=canning+jars+freezer+4oz

i would go to your local walmart and look at their stock supply.. open a package if you have too.. they will tape it back shut.
He-He...I'm trying to avoid going to Walmart. They don't have much in that type of thing anyhow.
Maybe the one down South..but tell me again, K. Why am I looking for plastic lids?
How about if I put a piece of wax paper in between the jar and metal lid?

Reactions: bnrkwest

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA

Users who are viewing this thread