Are you done stocking up?

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Ordering from FT has me wondering, I heard some were having to pay customs import fees? Has anyone run into that?

Ok now tanks that can be used for MTL and DL or sub ohm. The Ego One Mega V2 comes to mind since I bought several of these, they take CLR rebuildable coils and they come in .5 or 1.0, this might be a good option for those that want a cheap tank rebuildable that can do both. Has air flow for MTL or DL. tank is $9.00 and CLR's for 5 are $9.99 I think. Another cheap option. Long lasting? I have no clue, it is bottom fill and no top part to take apart, if the glass breaks I think it is junked. There is another version with less glass showing so could be a better choice for longer term use?

If you are in the US and use a private courier like UPS or FedEx, you are probably going to be hit with their broker fees. I hear they bill any shipment that goes through Customs, no matter what is in the box. If you can use a service that comes as US Mail, you probably won't get hit with the broker fee, and as long as your import value is low, you should be under the US Customs limits for personal imports.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
If you are in the US and use a private courier like UPS or FedEx, you are probably going to be hit with their broker fees. I hear they bill any shipment that goes through Customs, no matter what is in the box. If you can use a service that comes as US Mail, you probably won't get hit with the broker fee, and as long as your import value is low, you should be under the US Customs limits for personal imports.
I've never had anything from overseas come through Fedex or UPS,but about a month ago i had a package come through Dhl with no added fees,so hopefully they don't start that too.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I have heard of places outside the U.S. having to do that,i think Canada has to pay if it's over a certain amont,and possibly the U.K. too,but i haven't heard of anyone here in the states having to pay unless it's a large value,something like $250 or more in a month or along those lines.
I hope it didn't change,i have 2 FT orders and 1 from Focal all on the way.

For Canada anything imported with a value over $20 is subject to taxes. If it comes thru the mail it is random as to what they check and applies taxes and CP's fee to. If it is UPS or Fedex you will be charged a brokerage fee plus taxes.

This is over a number of years I have been buying things. It is from Europe or Asia very few have been charged any Taxes and no vape gear from China, I do tend to keep my order values low. For the US there is a higher chance you will be charges taxes on it.

I did work as a contractor to CP years ago some my info my be a little out of date.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yes, I didn't realize we were only listing gallon size prices. Some may not be able to nor want a gallon of nic, I dunno. I'll be quiet for now, lol.
No need to be quiet. Just clarifying that 1000 ml was 1 liter not 1 gallon.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have nine of them and they're my favorite. The one with the bars is the Mega One, and it's getting hard to find. The one with the glass is the V2. Works the same, but obviously looks different. By the way, the reason it's my favorite is the CLR coil. Easy to rebuild and rewick, and a great vape. I use the 1.0 coil then rebuild to taste when needed. The CLR also comes in a .5Ω version, which I haven't tried. Absolutely love the 1.0, though.
I'm using them too and really like them.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ordering from FT has me wondering, I heard some were having to pay customs import fees? Has anyone run into that?

Ok now tanks that can be used for MTL and DL or sub ohm. The Ego One Mega V2 comes to mind since I bought several of these, they take CLR rebuildable coils and they come in .5 or 1.0, this might be a good option for those that want a cheap tank rebuildable that can do both. Has air flow for MTL or DL. Tank is $9.00 and CLR's for 5 are $9.99 I think. Another cheap option. Long lasting? I have no clue, it is bottom fill and no top part to take apart, if the glass breaks I think it is junked. There is another version with less glass showing so could be a better choice for longer term use?

I never have had to pay a duty for stuff from FT.

I Received an FT parcel this morning, and an eBay purchase too.

In The FT was an Orchid V3 for when i can't build my Kayfuns any more, and 5 bell caps for the Orchid.

The ebay parcel had an Erlkonigin mini. I had been trying to lay my hands on one of those almost a year

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yes, I didn't realize we were only listing gallon size prices. Some may not be able to nor want a gallon of nic, I dunno. I'll be quiet for now, lol.
I was trying to find the cheapest at a gallon price or cheapest for 3 liters as that seems to be a minimum amout for long term. I bought all mine separate but if I had thought ahead the gallon was the was to go for saving $'s.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I never have had to pay a duty for stuff from FT.

I Received an FT parcel this morning, and an eBay purchase too.

In The FT was an Orchid V3 for when i can't build my Kayfuns any more, and 5 bell caps for the Orchid.

The ebay parcel had an Erlkonigin mini. I had been trying to lay my hands on one of those almost a year
Good to know no fees!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
MFS has 1 liter, 100 mg nic base for $50.00. They also have empty amber bottles for purchase. Their nic is all I've ever used and I like it, although I've read that some find it peppery.
That's a good deal too, so 3 L would be $150.00. I did get a liter from a Heartland on sale for $44 and that was a good savings.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That's a good deal too, so 3 L would be $150.00. I did get a liter from a Heartland on sale for $44 and that was a good savings.
They say $44 is a sale price,but it has been that price for at least the last 2 years with no change.I've bought several liters from them over the last couple years,and that's what i paid each time.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
They say $44 is a sale price,but it has been that price for at least the last 2 years with no change.I've bought several liters from them over the last couple years,and that's what i paid each time.
Oh good to know.

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
made some more progress today. i had to buy a freezer, my refrigerator/freezer was just too small. i went to walmart and bought a 5 cubic ft freezer, $169. i had the freezer stuffed in the back of my 96 camaro z28.... gotta love a hatchback. i also bought 4-12 packs of 1/2 pint canning jars. i emptied the plastic containers into the canning jars and labelled them with today's day with a P-touch. that just keeps track of the age of it, in case i ever add more..... unlikely at this point as i have 17 liters on hand. i did not want to leave my product in the plastic jars at room temp.

what does freezing do to extend the life of the base anyways? it will never actually freeze, PG isnt supposed to freeze. anyways its in the freezer.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I preserve 510 connectors by leaving the atomozer attached and not swaping them around. I keep my mods in silicone sleeves in use partly because I believe it will prolong service life.

my thinking too,,no need to overwork the threads if i dont have too

Users who are viewing this thread