Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
made some more progress today. i had to buy a freezer, my refrigerator/freezer was just too small. i went to walmart and bought a 5 cubic ft freezer, $169. i had the freezer stuffed in the back of my 96 camaro z28.... gotta love a hatchback. i also bought 4-12 packs of 1/2 pint canning jars. i emptied the plastic containers into the canning jars and labelled them with today's day with a P-touch. that just keeps track of the age of it, in case i ever add more..... unlikely at this point as i have 17 liters on hand. i did not want to leave my product in the plastic jars at room temp.

what does freezing do to extend the life of the base anyways? it will never actually freeze, PG isnt supposed to freeze. anyways its in the freezer.

Heat, light, and air degrade nicotine. Light is easy amber bottles and or a dark place like the freezer. Air is pretty easy as well, filling smaller bottles to the threads and only opening these smaller bottles as needed. And finally heat. Easy put it in the freezer. Non-frost free freezer is theoretically better no cycling.

Rumor has it that the red ringed canning jar lids leech into the solution.

kl34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Montpellier, France
I have had parcels by USPS. UPS, FEDEX, AND DHL.

Tge only service that charged a duty was UPS.

I've paid enough shipping charges, taxes and brokerage fees on Provape orders that I could have paid for a nice customized Radius :(

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
made some more progress today. i had to buy a freezer, my refrigerator/freezer was just too small. i went to walmart and bought a 5 cubic ft freezer, $169. i had the freezer stuffed in the back of my 96 camaro z28.... gotta love a hatchback. i also bought 4-12 packs of 1/2 pint canning jars. i emptied the plastic containers into the canning jars and labelled them with today's day with a P-touch. that just keeps track of the age of it, in case i ever add more..... unlikely at this point as i have 17 liters on hand. i did not want to leave my product in the plastic jars at room temp.

what does freezing do to extend the life of the base anyways? it will never actually freeze, PG isnt supposed to freeze. anyways its in the freezer.

There is one or more using nicotine that has been in the freezer for six years. With very little if any degradation

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
They say $44 is a sale price,but it has been that price for at least the last 2 years with no change.

The item is "For Sale" - hence that is a "Sale" price. You have no idea of how many retail outlets do that on a regular basis...

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
MFS has 1 liter, 100 mg nic base for $50.00. They also have empty amber bottles for purchase. Their nic is all I've ever used and I like it, although I've read that some find it peppery.

if you are on a tight budget, mfs is going to be your best bet. i bought 16L of 100 on the sale price of $40 per liter.i bought 16L for $640. there are two people vaping in the house. its what i could afford. i do not detect any peppery taste and neither does my wife. i guess its just on how big your wallet is and how picky you are. allot of us are buying large quantities to last 30 or 40 years. im 35 and have a long way to go if i want a lifetime away from cancer sticks. cant argue with the MFS price and i have found the quality to be excellent.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
View attachment 602045 Does anyone use these and know how long the tank holds up? The one with tiny slits would probably resist breakage. I have the ones on the bottom. edit: These originally came as a kit, but I am using the tanks on my Radius. Ego One Mega V2 Kit

I've been using the same Tron-S version of this tank for 8 months, with the same CLR coil that I started out with. They are both still going strong. I've since accumulated 4 more Tron-S tanks, 3 ego One Megas (V1), and 9 packs of the CLR coils. I'm a big fan of the CLR coil. I know longevity is always a crapshoot, but I see no reason I can't get a year+ out of this tank. I intend to find out.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I have an Ego One 2200mah kit that I used once and put away. I like the tank, but to refill and see the juice level is a pain. Have the clr coils tucked away as well. Will be a good set up to have for later or a PIF.

I think it's a matter of tank size. They all use the same basic design, but there is more room to fill, with the Tron & Mega, being 4 ml tanks. I think the 2200 mah kit came with 1.8 or 2.5 tanks.

I picked up an ego One Mini kit, for my wife, when I was trying to convert her from smoking to vaping. That tank is a huge pain to fill & see juice level. It's so small.

I've found the PITA level is directly proportional to the size of the tank, in the ego One series. The bigger they are, the easier they are to work with.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think it's a matter of tank size. They all use the same basic design, but there is more room to fill, with the Tron & Mega, being 4 ml tanks. I think the 2200 mah kit came with 1.8 or 2.5 tanks.

I picked up an ego One Mini kit, for my wife, when I was trying to convert her from smoking to vaping. That tank is a huge pain to fill & see juice level. It's so small.

I've found the PITA level is directly proportional to the size of the tank, in the ego One series. The bigger they are, the easier they are to work with.
I do have a couple of the small ego one tanks and they are harder to deal with, I like the mega much better!

ad356

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2010
north java, ny
when i bottled the nic i left some air space, not much but i was not fully comfortable with given ZERO room for expansion. i did not want a bunch of broken containers. i went with smaller 1/2 pint containers with the theory when i go to use the product im only going to be opening a smaller quantity vs. a larger container.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
so it is ok that i left a little head-space? i filled the containers up MOST of the way.

No matter how much head space you leave just remember this - the amount of air that is there is all that the nic can react with. Once it finishes reacting with that air there is no more reaction unless you open the bottle and allow fresh air to enter.

Users who are viewing this thread