Are you done stocking up?

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Dang this thread! :lol:

I'm a fan of the CLR coils and actually did not mind the Tron tank so much. Only did not like the juice capacity.

So now my FT cart has a eGo One Mega tank in it and an extra set of CLR coils. (sigh)
The tanks are a few bucks cheaper at vapeshop. Cheap enough that I am considering giving it a try thanks to this thread, even though I am not a fan of bottom fill tanks any more. The less I have to thread/unthread the 510 connectors the better IMO.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I think in the past 4+ pages or so...someone said they were still trying to find a Kayfun Lite Plus clone for a reasonable price. If a Kayfun Lite Plus clone by Ehpro is OK with you...please PM me ASAP. I'll point you in the right direction.

Edit: @Sara Love - If you're still looking for 1 for someone...these are quite a lot less than even the ones you found for $20. I'll be on here until about 3PM at the latest, and then back again after about 7PM to check for any PM.

Last edited:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I think in the past 4+ pages or so...someone said they were still trying to find a Kayfun Lite Plus clone for a reasonable price. If a Kayfun Lite Plus clone by Ehpro is OK with you...please PM me ASAP. I'll point you in the right direction.

Edit: @Sara Love - If you're still looking for 1 for someone...these are quite a lot less than even the ones you found for $20. I'll be on here until about 3PM at the latest, and then back again after about 7PM to check for any PM.

Thanks JC, I am just seeing this now. o_O I am all set. Thank you for thinking of me though. :)

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA
The tanks are a few bucks cheaper at vapeshop. Cheap enough that I am considering giving it a try thanks to this thread, even though I am not a fan of bottom fill tanks any more. The less I have to thread/unthread the 510 connectors the better IMO.

First it was the one with small windows, then the Tron with larger windows and now it is Ego One V2 with much larger windows.
Vapeshop do have V1 and V2 but do not see Tron there. Prices are good.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
First it was the one with small windows, then the Tron with larger windows and now it is Ego One V2 with much larger windows.
Vapeshop do have V1 and V2 but do not see Tron there. Prices are good.
I think they stopped selling the tron. myvaporstore has the tron-s for $18. Haven't searched for it at other sites due to the negative revies I read on that tank.

Mrmik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2014
Ellicott City, MD, USA

oh yeah, I am spoiled with top fill tanks but you can use with mods you do not care much for OR, add an adapter.
I have 3 of these tanks, all V1 and is eyeing on V2. Not sure if I should continue to stock up as I have promised too many times that it is done.
This am, ordered 2 RDA's, one RTA and a squonker kit as I realized I do not have much of those in my stash. I m u s t be done........

kl34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Montpellier, France
I got tired of bottom fill tanks, too. That's one of the reasons I love Kayfun lites. There are so many after-market solutions. I have 6 authentic KFLs. They all have top fill caps now. 4 from Avid Vapor and 2 from Steam Tuners. Such an incredible difference a little customization makes. :)

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
14,000 messages. Haven't read them all.

I can calculate nicotine needs easy, but what are you guys planning for mod needs? As in what is your stock up goal for mods?
My overall goal for vaping is 30 years. Probably overkill. For me that's just under 5 liters of nic. No problem.
But I'm not sure how to calculate for mods? I only really started getting in to having many when these regs came out. I guess I'm thinking a heavy use regulated "should" last AT LEAST 6 months. A conservative estimate for a mech, a year.
I use mechs about 25% of the time. So I'm thinking 8 mechs, 44 regulated. That seems excessive lol.
Currently have 4 mechs and 11 regulated. I have a ways to go...

Obviously I could simply go mech, but I love the innovation.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Most all my modern tanks are top fill now. I really can't recall the last time I dismounted some of them. (must of been the last time I dry burned?)

I now have a collection of "retro-tanks" that are bottom fill only and require factory coils. I forgot how much of a PITA it was to remove, take apart, fill, reassemble and remount. I don't know about the rest of you but I never can seem to do it without getting sticky juice on my fingers!

I love my Lemo2's and TFV4's.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio

I can calculate nicotine needs easy, but what are you guys planning for mod needs? As in what is your stock up goal for mods?
    My overall goal for vaping is 30 years. Probably overkill. For me that's just under 5 liters of nic. No problem.
    But I'm not sure how to calculate for mods? I only really started getting in to having many when these regs came out. I guess I'm thinking a heavy use regulated "should" last AT LEAST 6 months. A conservative estimate for a mech, a year.
    I use mechs about 25% of the time. So I'm thinking 8 mechs, 44 regulated. That seems excessive lol.

A nice mech should last indefinitely since there is no electronics to fail.The only real weak link would be the 510 threads,but if you aren't constantly screwing.unscrewing an atty,that should not really be an issue either.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2011
    Middle Georgia

The time frame that you give the devices totally depends upon the quality of the product and how you are vaping with it. I would feel that a high temperature vaper is going to get less time out of his devices than a tootle puffer that is vaping at low wattage/voltage. I am calculating 2 1/2 years + for each device in my stockpile with a backup plan if that turns out not to be enough. I am looking for 15 - 20 years...

Now the devices I stockpiled I am familiar with and I know they will last longer than my estimate. I am currently using one that has lasted 4+ years so far, but from the forum this is an unusually long time for it. I have repaired it twice so far (end cap and 510 threads)...

A nice mech should last indefinitely since there is no electronics to fail.The only real weak link would be the 510 threads,but if you aren't constantly screwing.unscrewing an atty,that should not really be an issue either.

My mechs (I have two) are my last option to use and if I get to that point at least one will be used with drippers - so very little if any wear and tear on the 510 threads...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there

It depends on your vape style, MTL or DL, but the longest lasting mods are Provari (regulated) and Reo (mech) to name the most reliable. The 2.5 Provaris only do VV, but if you are MTL vaper are plenty to fire up tanks/ drippers over 1 ohms. I think the lowest the 2.5's will go is 1.2 or 1.5. I know 1.5 ohms works as I have used them. These 2.5's can be bought from $29 to $34 and during flash sales 10% off. I have a 2012 2.5 mini still going strong, so they are reliable. The Classic and P3 and Radius will do sub ohm if you do DL. Mech's will go about forever as long as you get enough to replace if one has an issue. Nemmy clones can be had for $9 or less. Easy to stock up.
    For me I have mostly Provari's, all the versions except Procyon. I have a Reo and several Nemmy's and a few Pico's just for fun :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Most all my modern tanks are top fill now. I really can't recall the last time I dismounted some of them. (must of been the last time I dry burned?)

I now have a collection of "retro-tanks" that are bottom fill only and require factory coils. I forgot how much of a PITA it was to remove, take apart, fill, reassemble and remount. I don't know about the rest of you but I never can seem to do it without getting sticky juice on my fingers!

I love my Lemo2's and TFV4's.
    Most of my tanks are bottom fill that are rebuild-able, I do have a top fill Kanger I haven't tried yet and I think the Kayfun mini v3 is top fill. Need to try these!

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Most of my tanks are bottom fill that are rebuild-able, I do have a top fill Kanger I haven't tried yet and I think the Kayfun mini v3 is top fill. Need to try these!

You should! Once you get used to it you may wonder why you were not using top fill tanks before!

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    if I get to that point at least one will be used with drippers - so very little if any wear and tear on the 510 threads...
    That's pretty much the same with mine.I have 8 tube type mechs and a dual battery mech box that will all be used with rta's because i don't like traditional dripping at all ,but i have several bottom feed mechs that get used a lot,and like you say,there is very little wear and tear on those,as i almost never have to take the rda's off the mod.

J.d. Roberts

May 30, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    I still have to get those DIY supplies and start my stock up on pg/vg/nic @sketchness @bnrkwest @Sugar_and_Spice -.- IK, I'm slacking, I still plan on having my very first Tractor Supply experience, lol. Can't wait to start making some juice and start learning from you guys here soon. Unfortunately, instead of buying those supplies, I instead, purchased my 4th authentic Tugboat and the weekend went by so fast I had no time go leave the city and go to that store. But on the bright side, I've completed my Tugboat collection! Or until they come out with an all gold one.. which I would love!

2nw2xqa.jpg

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    @J.d. Roberts the DIY game will save you sooo much cash in the long haul you shouldn't put it off. All that cash you spend on premium juice in a month could set you up for a year or more of diy so you can buy more shiny mods.

For comparison: One of my fave ADV I used to buy was $40 per 120ml. The clone I make of it (not an exact clone, but not bad so far and very vapeable, since no recipes exist and I am winging it) costs me <$2 for the same size.

J.d. Roberts

May 30, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    @J.d. Roberts the DIY game will save you sooo much cash in the long haul you shouldn't put it off. All that cash you spend on premium juice in a month could set you up for a year or more of diy so you can buy more shiny mods.

For comparison: One of my fave ADV I used to buy was $40 per 120ml. The clone I make of it (not an exact clone, but not bad so far and very vapeable, since no recipes exist and I am winging it) costs me <$2 for the same size.

The thing is.. IK once I'll start making juice.. I'll still end up buying premium juices. Ionno, I just like tasting other's tasty juices. It's like.. you come over and have breakfast, but I cook it. Yeah it'll be a good breakfast, but if you came over and YOU COOKED it, ionno, it'd just taste tons better, lol. I'm weird..

04o4E_s-200x150.gif

Users who are viewing this thread