Are you done stocking up?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Trees are not the earths lungs

They take in oxygen at night. They are dormant parts of the year. They take a LOT of oxygen as they rot and break dowm.

The real lungs of the planet is the plankton in the oceans and algae in lakes and Ponds.

Agreed. Fair enough, but if you will argue the point of this analogy, a level headed man would infer that you have implied that deforestation is not much of an issue and I wouldn't hesitate in leaving this for you.

It is quoted from livescience

"Deforestation and climate change

Deforestation is considered to be one of the contributing factors to global climate change. According to Michael Daley, associate professor of environmental science at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts, the No. 1 problem caused by deforestation is the impact on the global carbon cycle. Gas molecules that absorb thermal infrared radiation are called greenhouse gases. If greenhouse gases are in large enough quantity, they can force climate change, according to Daley. While oxygen (O2) is the second most abundant gas in our atmosphere, it does not absorb thermal infrared radiation, as greenhouse gases do. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most prevalent greenhouse gas. In 2012, CO2 accounted for about 82 percent of all U.S. greenhouse gas, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Trees can help, though. 300 billion tons of carbon, 40 times the annual greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels, is stored in trees, according to Greenpeace.

The deforestation of trees not only lessens the amount of carbon stored, it also releases carbon dioxide into the air. This is because when trees die, they release the stored carbon. According to the 2010 Global Forest Resources Assessment, deforestation releases nearly a billion tons of carbon into the atmosphere per year, though the numbers are not as high as the ones recorded in the previous decade. Deforestation is the second largest anthropogenic (human-caused) source of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, ranging between 6 percent and 17 percent. (Van Der Werf, G. R. et al., 2009)

Carbon isn't the only greenhouse gas that is affected by deforestation. Water vapor is also considered a greenhouse gas. "The impact of deforestation on the exchange of water vapor and carbon dioxide between the atmosphere and the terrestrial land surface is the biggest concern with regard to the climate system," said Daley. Changes in their atmospheric concentration will have a direct effect on climate.

Deforestation has decreased global vapor flows from land by 4 percent, according to a study published by the National Academy of Sciences. Even this slight change in vapor flows can disrupt natural weather patterns and change current climate models.

Other effects of deforestation
Forests are complex ecosystems that affect almost every species on the planet. When they are degraded, it can set off a devastating chain of events both locally and around the world.

Loss of species: Seventy percent of the world’s plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation, according to National Geographic. Loss of habitat can lead to species extinction. It also has negative consequences for medicinal research and local populations who rely on the animals and plants in the forests for hunting and medicine.

Water cycle: Trees are important to the water cycle. They absorb rain fall and produce water vapor that is released into the atmosphere. Trees also lessen the pollution in water, according to the North Carolina State University, by stopping polluted runoff. In the Amazon, more than half the water in the ecosystem is held within the plants, according to the National Geographic Society.

Soil erosion: Tree roots anchor the soil. Without trees, the soil is free to wash or blow away, which can lead to vegetation growth problems. The WWF states that scientists estimate that a third of the world’s arable land has been lost to deforestation since 1960. After a clear cutting, cash crops like coffee, soy and palm oil are planted. Planting these types of trees can cause further soil erosion because their roots cannot hold onto the soil. "The situation in Haiti compared to the Dominican Republic is a great example of the important role forests play in the water cycle," Daley said. Both countries share the same island, but Haiti has much less forest cover than the Dominican Republic. As a result, Haiti has endured more extreme soil erosion, flooding and landslide issues.

Life quality: Soil erosion can also lead to silt entering the lakes, streams and other water sources. This can decrease local water quality and contribute to poor health in populations in the area."

Semantics and syntax aside it is probable that you would agree with the statement that; deforestation is wrong.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
May I recommend Pay Pal and debit card?

The debit card only has access to the money in the Pay Pal account. Go online to see tge charges. Get 1% cash back on purchases when you swipe the card as a Credit card. buy stuff from FT from my Pay Pal account.

I use my Pay Pal debit card to purchase Groceries, buy things on Amazon, etc.

Every month Pay Pal drops $7-11 of free money in my Pay Pal acct. $84+ a year. Yes i will pick up free $

Forgot something when Home Depot was hacker not one Purchaser by Pay Pal (direct trsnsfer) was compromised that i know of. Direct fund transferrs are safer than Credit debit cards

Not sure about Pay Pal purchases with Debit or Credit card transfer.
No Pay Pal for me ever again. I had it years ago. When I returned an item and Pay Pal gave me a VERY hard time about my refund and took almost two months to settle the issue I closed the account.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Agreed. Fair enough, but if you will argue the point of this analogy, a level headed man would infer that you have implied that deforestation is not much of an issue and I wouldn't hesitate in leaving this for you.

It is quoted from livescience

"Deforestation and climate change

Deforestation is considered to be one of the contributing factors to global climate change. According to Michael Daley, associate professor of environmental science at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts, the No. 1 problem caused by deforestation is the impact on the global carbon cycle. Gas molecules that absorb thermal infrared radiation are called greenhouse gases. If greenhouse gases are in large enough quantity, they can force climate change, according to Daley. While oxygen (O2) is the second most abundant gas in our atmosphere, it does not absorb thermal infrared radiation, as greenhouse gases do. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the most prevalent greenhouse gas. In 2012, CO2 accounted for about 82 percent of all U.S. greenhouse gas, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Trees can help, though. 300 billion tons of carbon, 40 times the annual greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels, is stored in trees, according to Greenpeace.

The deforestation of trees not only lessens the amount of carbon stored, it also releases carbon dioxide into the air. This is because when trees die, they release the stored carbon. According to the 2010 Global Forest Resources Assessment, deforestation releases nearly a billion tons of carbon into the atmosphere per year, though the numbers are not as high as the ones recorded in the previous decade. Deforestation is the second largest anthropogenic (human-caused) source of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, ranging between 6 percent and 17 percent. (Van Der Werf, G. R. et al., 2009)

Carbon isn't the only greenhouse gas that is affected by deforestation. Water vapor is also considered a greenhouse gas. "The impact of deforestation on the exchange of water vapor and carbon dioxide between the atmosphere and the terrestrial land surface is the biggest concern with regard to the climate system," said Daley. Changes in their atmospheric concentration will have a direct effect on climate.

Deforestation has decreased global vapor flows from land by 4 percent, according to a study published by the National Academy of Sciences. Even this slight change in vapor flows can disrupt natural weather patterns and change current climate models.

Other effects of deforestation
Forests are complex ecosystems that affect almost every species on the planet. When they are degraded, it can set off a devastating chain of events both locally and around the world.

Loss of species: Seventy percent of the world’s plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation, according to National Geographic. Loss of habitat can lead to species extinction. It also has negative consequences for medicinal research and local populations who rely on the animals and plants in the forests for hunting and medicine.

Water cycle: Trees are important to the water cycle. They absorb rain fall and produce water vapor that is released into the atmosphere. Trees also lessen the pollution in water, according to the North Carolina State University, by stopping polluted runoff. In the Amazon, more than half the water in the ecosystem is held within the plants, according to the National Geographic Society.

Soil erosion: Tree roots anchor the soil. Without trees, the soil is free to wash or blow away, which can lead to vegetation growth problems. The WWF states that scientists estimate that a third of the world’s arable land has been lost to deforestation since 1960. After a clear cutting, cash crops like coffee, soy and palm oil are planted. Planting these types of trees can cause further soil erosion because their roots cannot hold onto the soil. "The situation in Haiti compared to the Dominican Republic is a great example of the important role forests play in the water cycle," Daley said. Both countries share the same island, but Haiti has much less forest cover than the Dominican Republic. As a result, Haiti has endured more extreme soil erosion, flooding and landslide issues.

Life quality: Soil erosion can also lead to silt entering the lakes, streams and other water sources. This can decrease local water quality and contribute to poor health in populations in the area."

Semantics and syntax aside it is probable that you would agree with the statement that; deforestation is wrong.
Sorry brother but i NEVER said I supported deforestation was a good thing.

This idea of global warming is ______. There has been 0 warming of the planet in the last 18 years is it warmer in the US yeah! But this is the heat sink effect. Urban sprawl is encroaching on the NWS weather stations. Is the temp riding in Mongolia, Cuba, Russia? NO!

If you look at temperatures taken from spacd the earth is cooling since 1998. The earth id cooling toward a Mini ice age that we are over due for.

I am an environmentalist like American Indians. Take what you need but only what you need leave animals, trees, fish, good air, etc behind for future generations.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
No Pay Pal for me ever again. I had it years ago. When I returned an item and Pay Pal gave me a VERY hard time about my refund and took almost two months to settle the issue I closed the account.
To each their own. I joined Pay Pal 15-16 years ago when they only had about 5,100 members. If memory serves my first account (yes i have two) was #5141.

I keep about $700 in my Second account so i can take my dog to vet or get a plane ticket back East ot repairing my RV.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Sorry brother but i NEVER said I supported deforestation was a good thing.

This idea of global warming is ______. There has been 0 warming of the planet in the last 18 years is it warmer in the US yeah! But this is the heat sink effect. Urban sprawl is encroaching on the NWS weather stations. Is the temp riding in Mongolia, Cuba, Russia? NO!

If you look at temperatures taken from spacd the earth is cooling since 1998. The earth id cooling toward a Mini ice age that we are over due for.

I am an environmentalist like American Indians. Take what you need but only what you need leave animals, trees, fish, good air, etc behind for future generations.

Indeed you didn't which is why I said I inferred.

Like you, my existential beliefs are bent toward compassion and longevity.

I believe that it is quite obvious that the Earth is suffering detrimentally as a result of agriculture , over farming, fishing, deforestation and concentrated over population.

I have and do profit from these activities to an extent, but I feel strongly about careless greed and penny pinching.

This ridiculous idea believing in the non existence of global warming is laughable.

The propaganda people will swallow when 'research' is paid for by multinational corporations whose interests are obvious is, well...

It seems similar to; public perception of vaping being swayed by BT.

That's an analogy you can have.

I am glad however that you realise more than most
'What you need, not what you want.' :)

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
To each their own. I joined Pay Pal 15-16 years ago when they only had about 5,100 members. If memory serves my first account (yes i have two) was #5141.

I keep about $700 in my Second account so i can take my dog to vet or get a plane ticket back East ot repairing my RV.
I always use my Paypal debt card. Have used Paypal for years and years and never a problem.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
May I recommend Pay Pal and debit card?

The debit card only has access to the money in the Pay Pal account. Go online to see tge charges. Get 1% cash back on purchases when you swipe the card as a Credit card. Buy stuff from FT from my Pay Pal account.

I use my Pay Pal debit card to purchase Groceries, buy things on Amazon, etc.

Every month Pay Pal drops $7-11 of free money in my Pay Pal acct. $84+ a year. Yes i will pick up free $

Forgot something when Home Depot was hacker not one Purchaser by Pay Pal (direct trsnsfer) was compromised that i know of. Direct fund transferrs are safer than Credit debit cards

Not sure about Pay Pal purchases with Debit or Credit card transfer.
I had 2 PayPal debit cards hacked, stopped using them because as soon as I got a new one it was hacked.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I have juice coils tanks I don't know what I need juices don't last maybe a DUI set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think maybe your phone's autocorrect scrambled your question. Can you ask it again please. What exactly are you needing help with? How to DIY, i.e. make your own juice?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I always use my Paypal debt card. Have used Paypal for years and years and never a problem.
Been a PP user since 2001. Never used their debit card though.

While I have never had any issues with getting hacked or money lost, I have had, and have seen, other issues. Like the freezing of accounts, particularly hobby or garage based merchants. I have seen them use draconian measures to push people around, especially if there is a claim or charge-back involved - no matter how frivolous.

While I still use them, I am weary of them, and I try not to let much money accumulate in the account for very long.

That being said, its universal acceptance makes it a valuable service.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I had 2 PayPal debit cards hacked, stopped using them because as soon as I got a new one it was hacked.

Has anybody here been getting those bogus PayPal emails asking you to update or clarify details?
Obviously it's not PayPal. Don't do it!!!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Has anybody here been getting those bogus PayPal emails asking you to update or clarify details?
Obviously it's not PayPal. Don't do it!!!
I use PayPal all the time with no problems, only had problems with their debit cards. I love PP credit LOL!

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Has anyone tried RF oatmeal cookie? I almost got that one but wasn't sure about it.

I would also like to know that myself. :)

high on my list as well to try. I want to do a butterscotch oatmeal cookie vape

I have only had RF Banana bread mixed for a day so it may need more time but I am getting a baked flavor but no banana?? It could just be my taste buds LOL Anyone else tried RF banana bread??

I mixed mine 4 days ago at 12% and I got mostly banana notes with some bakery notes. It also had a bit of an odd/off chemical type taste so I am letting it steep longer and it seems to be coming around now.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I love butterscotch candy, but when I tried to vape it - it left to much of an after taste in my mouth so I had to go back to the candy...
Butterscotch is one of my fave flavors to mix in a recipe now but too much can be a bad thing. My fave recipe with it in it so far is Good Life Vapor's Deadly Sin. The clones by Kriga (v2 is the best to me so far) on the web are quite good though not a true 1:1 clone IMO.

Edit: Vaping his v1 Deadly Sin clone right now actually.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Been a PP user since 2001. Never used their debit card though.

While I have never had any issues with getting hacked or money lost, I have had, and have seen, other issues. Like the freezing of accounts, particularly hobby or garage based merchants. I have seen them use draconian measures to push people around, especially if there is a claim or charge-back involved - no matter how frivolous.

While I still use them, I am weary of them, and I try not to let much money accumulate in the account for very long.

That being said, its universal acceptance makes it a valuable service.
Oh, I completely agree. Guess I mean that as far as what I use it for, it works for me. I never keep much in there.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I love butterscotch candy, but when I tried to vape it - it left to much of an after taste in my mouth so I had to go back to the candy...
Which brand did you use? I have have FW and TPA but only used the FW so far and was reading on another forum just now that everyone seems to prefer the FW over the TPA Butterscotch. Guess I need to add that to my next flavor order as I am getting low on the FW version.

Users who are viewing this thread