Are you done stocking up?

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
In the old VB software, it was a 15K post limit. Now, we're free to roam far past that.

I haven't traversed these parts in awhile. Are you all still chatting about stocking up? ;)
Mostly. :laugh:
Are you all stocked up and comfortable with your DIY skills?
I'm stocked, and feel pretty much all set, but I do want to venture into more DIY flavors (eventually).

nope, we are on to global warming now........ smh
:laugh:

...so, I keep looking over my stash, and I just keep thinking I'm missing something, but I can't think of what it could be.
All the major bases covered, and then some. :facepalm:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Well my rayon is doing better now, maybe it was that break in time. So basically pretty happy with my rayon attempt. I will have to try the kayfun next. Takes awhile to get the hang of it all but I'll get there :) I just want to be sure I can actually do all this stuff so I know I am ready for the dark ages. I'm really happy with DIY this time around, so my last frontier is coils and wicking LOL I think I have around 9 kayfun's stocked :)

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
It is fun learning new things no matter how old I get! LOL
I remember when I started making my own coils....I was so proud of myself! Ha.

Heck, I was proud when I finally understood Ohm's law. I am a (retired) teacher, and I knew that when the students NEEDED to know something....for their own purposes....they'd learn it. That point has been driven home to me through vaping. If you had told me ten years ago that I'd be interested enough in something to WANT to learn about electricity, I'd have laughed out loud.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Mostly. :laugh:
Are you all stocked up and comfortable with your DIY skills?
I'm stocked, and feel pretty much all set, but I do want to venture into more DIY flavors (eventually).

...so, I keep looking over my stash, and I just keep thinking I'm missing something, but I can't think of what it could be.
All the major bases covered, and then some. :facepalm:

Am I stocked up? LOL! Stocked up, and THEN some. DPL and I began that journey some 2.5 years ago (as soon as the dooming was beginning to take hold of our reality). We entered that phase with a clear direction, a precise plan, and I can say we definitely succeeded.

and then some...... :facepalm:

I will most likely never be comfortable with my DIY "skills" (thank you for calling them skills ;) ), but I AM comfortable vaping unflavored if need be, so any attempts I make will most likely be somewhat vapable. I hope! :rolleyes:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
It is fun learning new things no matter how old I get! LOL
One never gets too old to learn. I took up tge game of Bridge when i was 50, tge game of Sudoku when i was 53-54, abd read 100 books since 1/1/2016.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Am I stocked up? LOL! Stocked up, and THEN some. DPL and I began that journey some 2.5 years ago (as soon as the dooming was beginning to take hold of our reality). We entered that phase with a clear direction, a precise plan, and I can say we definitely succeeded.:blink::pop:

I will most likely never be comfortable with my DIY "skills" (thank you for calling them skills ;) ), but I AM comfortable vaping unflavored if need be, so any attempts I make will most likely be somewhat vapable. I hope! :rolleyes:

". . . And then some."

Mmm hmm. :blink:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well my rayon is doing better now, maybe it was that break in time. So basically pretty happy with my rayon attempt. I will have to try the Kayfun next. Takes awhile to get the hang of it all but I'll get there :) I just want to be sure I can actually do all this stuff so I know I am ready for the dark ages. I'm really happy with DIY this time around, so my last frontier is coils and wicking LOL I think I have around 9 Kayfun's stocked :)
I'm just learning mine, (purchased June of this year) thankfully I think I've had a bit of beginners luck. :laugh:
I really like the way they vape, will be curious to hear how you like them.
I just do a single coil, that comes out between 1.4 to 1.8 ohm.

I remember when I started making my own coils....I was so proud of myself! Ha.

Heck, I was proud when I finally understood Ohm's law. I am a (retired) teacher, and I knew that when the students NEEDED to know something....for their own purposes....they'd learn it. That point has been driven home to me through vaping. If you had told me ten years ago that I'd be interested enough in something to WANT to learn about electricity, I'd have laughed out loud.
I was too! I couldn't believe I could actually make something that worked.
After recoiling about 100 Kanger (original) ProTank coils, the thrill was kind of gone though. :laugh:

Am I stocked up? LOL! Stocked up, and THEN some. DPL and I began that journey some 2.5 years ago (as soon as the dooming was beginning to take hold of our reality). We entered that phase with a clear direction, a precise plan, and I can say we definitely succeeded.

I realized after I asked that you were probably stocked up for a good long while. :laugh:
I have not tried plain, I need to do that.
I can DIY enough to please myself, but I'm not doing anything fancy...or complicated. ;)
...nor do I see anything fancy, or complicated in my future. :lol:
One never gets too old to learn. I took up tge game of Bridge when i was 50, tge game of Sudoku when i was 53-54, abd read 100 books since 1/1/2016.
That is awesome!!

". . . And then some."

Mmm hmm. :blink:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I dropped by the local Sally's this weekend and picked up a box of Rayon.

Jumping jeepers Batman - that is one ^*%*% large box!

As luck would have it I had a new virgin tank that I had yet to build on. Two 8 wrap Ti 28AWG coils later and then need to somehow get the newfangled (to me) Rayon in there. After lots of rolling, twisting and compressing I got both coils and the juice channels stuffed with Rayon.

I primed it up with 0mg %100VG and reassembled with 1-2ml of same in the tank. It seems to vape well with no noticable flavor. Given I have so much of the stuff it is rather doubtful that I'll use cotton again.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I assumed you leaned toward the progressive, or " left' if you will Zita your colors are easy to spot

Oh yes indeed. My colours are a nice liberal softy softy red.
    It's more akin to pink lemonade actually.
    You should come join us over here in the future, it's nice here.
    Progress being key. :)

nope, we are on to global warming now........ smh

Have you learnt nothing Fozzy71? It's called climate change! ;)

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oh yes indeed. My colours are a nice liberal softy softy red.
    It's more akin to pink lemonade actually.
    You should come join us over here in the future, it's nice here.
    Progress being key. :)

Have you learnt nothing Fozzy71? It's called climate change! ;)

Zut, I mean this in the kindest way, but want to remind everyone that threads that include controversial topics belong in the Outside section found in the Lounge area of the forum.

I would hate to see bnrkwest's thread dumped to the basement. :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Zut, I mean this in the kindest way, but want to remind everyone that threads that include controversial topics belong in the Outside section found in the Lounge area of the forum.

Oh no!! Yes we need to stay on vape topic, keep controversy to cotton vs rayon or regulated vs mech please :) so much good info on this thread.

LX1X

ECF Veteran
    Nov 15, 2013
    Fee State

You mean dungeon. ;)

Basement = where you store the vaping supplies/stocks.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Well now I am spoiled, I really like rayon!!! It is so clean tasting :) Luv it!
    indeed, once you get past those initial break in vapes it is great. It lasts far longer than cotton before it needs to be changed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread